Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-28-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
RCF

Drives: '17 2SS, NGM, MRC, DPP; '19 F150
Splitter vs stock SS air deflectors - which rub first?

Ok, so the air deflectors on my SS are tearing from rubbing when going up into and back out of my driveway. Pretty sure it happens when the car enters or leaves the driveway at or near a 45 degree approach angle.

I’ve always liked the look of the 1LE style splitters, but concerned it would rub on my driveway and be destroyed. Anyone know which gives the most clearance?

Trying to decide whether to get a splitter or replace the air deflectors (or not).

Thanks!!!
Old 06-29-2019, 03:54 PM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCF View Post
Ok, so the air deflectors on my SS are tearing from rubbing when going up into and back out of my driveway. Pretty sure it happens when the car enters or leaves the driveway at or near a 45 degree approach angle.

I’ve always liked the look of the 1LE style splitters, but concerned it would rub on my driveway and be destroyed. Anyone know which gives the most clearance?

Trying to decide whether to get a splitter or replace the air deflectors (or not).

Thanks!!!
I saw a picture once of someone who installed a splitter along with their factory air deflectors. The deflectors go further down but if you're having trouble right now I'd suggest to take your current deflectors off and see if it still scraps against the driveway. Might have to start coming in at more of an angle to avoid that. Or have someone spot you once when you come up to see how much clearance. I would totally buy the splitter and have that but be careful once installed.
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 05:16 PM   #3
RLem619

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS A10
I have both on my car. Unless it's a very sudden, sharp incline, deflectors will rub first.

RLem619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:55 PM   #4
SSmash

Drives: Mosaic Black Camaro 2SS
Deflectors.
SSmash is offline   Reply With Quote