The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: New Car/Truck!
Colorado ZR2 Diesel 32 65.31%
Blazer RS 6 12.24%
Regal Tourx Essence 5 10.20%
??????? 8 16.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2019, 10:30 AM   #29
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Congrats, that garage duo is looking sharp!

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:43 AM   #30
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
well I got some REALLY great news yesterday morning....first off I ordered my truck on Thursday March 7th and ask the guy putting the order in to email me the order number so that I could track it, he said NOT A PROBLEM, we do that all the time. I waited a week and hadn't heard from him.....so I waited a few more days and sent him an e-mail noonday....no response, but I thought, seeing as how he works the weekends, he may be off on Monday.....Yesterday morning (11 days after placing my order) I get an e-mail from him with the requested info. PLUS ITS ALREADY AT 3300!!! with a TPW of 3/25!! HOLY COW!! I have ordered 4 cars in the last 10 year years and have NEVER had one go this fast. I am chalking it up to just getting lucky!

Old 03-20-2019, 10:02 AM   #31
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well I got some REALLY great news yesterday morning....first off I ordered my truck on Thursday March 7th and ask the guy putting the order in to email me the order number so that I could track it, he said NOT A PROBLEM, we do that all the time. I waited a week and hadn't heard from him.....so I waited a few more days and sent him an e-mail noonday....no response, but I thought, seeing as how he works the weekends, he may be off on Monday.....Yesterday morning (11 days after placing my order) I get an e-mail from him with the requested info. PLUS ITS ALREADY AT 3300!!! with a TPW of 3/25!! HOLY COW!! I have ordered 4 cars in the last 10 year years and have NEVER had one go this fast. I am chalking it up to just getting lucky!

Awesome! I live a few hours from the Wentzville plant that produces these trucks, so I'm proud to own one. I think they are great trucks.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:09 AM   #32
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Old 03-20-2019, 11:17 AM   #33
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
I will be following your reviews closely. I would like my next truck to be a half-ton diesel, so I want to know how good the GM ones are (even though I don't like the new truck style).
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:53 AM   #34
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
I'm VERY happy with my truck. The ZR2 is definitely the way to go. Those multimatic shocks are absolutely amazing. Now I know what the Z28 guys are talking about (albeit in a very different application)

The engine is absolutely awesome, and for 2019 they appear to have addressed the shifting complaints with it, as I've been a manual guy my whole life, and there's very few times I find myself cursing at the automatic. The shift points on it are very nicely set up, too.

Only thing I've done is add HID headlights, and a Pop&Lock to make the tailgate a power lock.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:13 AM   #35
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

well my truck is just an LT, as for my use, it certainly will never leave the pavement. but I did order a lot of extra's to make it a bit more comfortable as it will be my daily driver (leather, 6 position adj. seats, Bose sound system, NAV, trailer pkg, locking diff., V6, ...etc.) and my daily commute is 100 miles. I did get the HID headlights as I do a lot of driving at night and where the only light is either your headlights or the moon and stars....lots of deer and hogs in the area, and I have already looked into getting the Pop&Lock for the tailgate. the very first mod is I'm getting the bed done with a Rhino Lining.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #36
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I just wish you could get Crush on the new Bison...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:32 AM   #37
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
well my truck is just an LT, as for my use, it certainly will never leave the pavement. but I did order a lot of extra's to make it a bit more comfortable as it will be my daily driver (leather, 6 position adj. seats, Bose sound system, NAV, trailer pkg, locking diff., V6, ...etc.) and my daily commute is 100 miles. I did get the HID headlights as I do a lot of driving at night and where the only light is either your headlights or the moon and stars....lots of deer and hogs in the area, and I have already looked into getting the Pop&Lock for the tailgate. the very first mod is I'm getting the bed done with a Rhino Lining.
Are they offering factory HIDs as an option now? The halogens in a projector housing is one of the weaker points on the Colorado / Canyons. I really hope GM is listening and made this change.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)

Last edited by wrankin; 03-23-2019 at 08:58 AM.
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:29 AM   #38
snizzle
Recalled user

Still just Halogen projector beam as the "best" option I believe. All trims did poorly in IIHS testing.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 03-22-2019, 09:19 AM   #39
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I just wish you could get Crush on the new Bison...
well you can't get one at all this year, seeing as they are all sold already, very limited production. My dealer is a big one and they only got one.....and it was sold before it got to the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Still just Halogen projector beam as the "best" option I believe. All trims did poorly in IIHS testing.
sorry, this is true....I miss spoke, but at least projector beams a better than standard headlights, and where I am at, you need all the light at night you can get....lots of deer and hogs at night.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:35 AM   #40
snizzle
Recalled user

Quote:
sorry, this is true....I miss spoke, but at least projector beams a better than standard headlights, and where I am at, you need all the light at night you can get....lots of deer and hogs at night.
I have no major complaints with lighting but I am considering some LEDs for improved performance and that blue hue.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 03-22-2019, 09:46 AM   #41
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I have no major complaints with lighting but I am considering some LEDs for improved performance and that blue hue.
My Denali has factory LEDs - massive improvement over my 2014 which had halogens - both in the factory projector housings.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:20 AM   #42
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
I'm VERY happy with my truck. The ZR2 is definitely the way to go. Those multimatic shocks are absolutely amazing. Now I know what the Z28 guys are talking about (albeit in a very different application)

The engine is absolutely awesome, and for 2019 they appear to have addressed the shifting complaints with it, as I've been a manual guy my whole life, and there's very few times I find myself cursing at the automatic. The shift points on it are very nicely set up, too.

Only thing I've done is add HID headlights, and a Pop&Lock to make the tailgate a power lock.
That truck is on my short list to replace my Xterra if it ever dies. I'll keep an eye out for it around town.