Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-26-2016, 08:57 AM   #29
Bobfly
OspreyTech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Zack, just ignore the keyboard ninjas. Congrats on your decision and future car. Time to start thinking up that vanity plate.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:39 AM   #30
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Okay so maybe the order didn't go through yet and his order will just sit in wait until its available to order through gm. The dude is stoked to even know he's gonna get one and some of you cant help but find something to complain about. Y'all are the one's that ruin good forums.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #31
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Zack has committed himself to the car, lighten up. Congrats Zack, what color?
Old 08-26-2016, 10:12 AM   #32
jasonsk287

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
Zack,

Congrats! Don't let anyone sway you. You have an awesome 2LT to drive while you're waiting for that bad ass ZL1!
jasonsk287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:33 AM   #33
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Thanks, SSport16, I will definitely take the SS out for a test drive and probably if the dealer will let me test the Z06. Since they are pretty much using that engine for the ZL1.
No problem...the SS will definitely give you a good gauge as how to the ZL1 will be, at least you can get a feel for it. A Z06 test drive would be good as well, Z06 is quite a bit lighter and more aerodynamic then the ZL1, but definitely would give you a sense of the ZL1, or maybe you might be lured into the Z06, especially with some good deals out there on them! lol.

Good Luck!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #34
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
Zack has committed himself to the car, lighten up. Congrats Zack, what color?
Hyper Blue Metallic Baby!!!

I've downloaded as many hyper blue photos of the 2017 ZL1 that I could find!!
I freaking love this color! It almost looks better at night time. It kinda glows in the dark.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:03 AM   #35
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Nice!
Old 08-26-2016, 12:02 PM   #36
KenH.

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 NPP MRC
I'm fighting the urge to do this myself. Every day its a struggle in my mind between bolting power onto my car, or just moving up to the zl1. So far bolting on the power is winning in my head because I'll lose my ass on the trade-in probably by enough to cover the costs of doing the work to my car. If I had the v6 the decision would be so much easier. Congrats on pulling the trigger! HBM is a sweet color on this car!
KenH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:10 PM   #37
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
It's interesting to me that you said you couldn't afford the 2SS that you really wanted so you went with the 2LT to keep all the goodies over a 1SS.

And now after posting about having some buyers remorse, you are going full blown ZL1. I wish you all the best in this, but it seems like quite a jump. Regardless, congrats! the ZL1 will be a monster.

Also, to everyone complaining about "people trying to sway him" nobody is trying to "sway him". They called him out for a clickbait-ish title (which it is) because he did not order a ZL1 today, he spec'd one out (which is great) but not the same.
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #38
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
a jump from 2LT to ZL1 within a year.. can I expect a similar jump from ZL1 to Z28 next year... I hope not !!!! Congrats on the decision... I dont know how you dealt with the crazy depreciation..
Old 08-26-2016, 07:19 PM   #39
Zeus SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Well, I did it...............After countless days mulling this over I walked into my dealership and ordered the 2017 Camaro ZL1 in hyper blue metallic with the 10-speed automatic and navigation. And Yes, they had an allocation available.

I sat with my dealer and went thru the GM Workbench order form and made sure that everything was checked according to what I want and made sure that its an SRE order.

I realize the automatic probably won't be available till January, I'm hoping sooner but you never know. I realize that this will be a JOURNEY. And my order will go thru when it goes thru, whenever that may be. I'm not really expecting to take delivery until spring sometime. But, again who knows......I'm really stoked but my emotions are tempered because its going to be a while before I see her..........

Some questions:

1. The black front splitter, does that come standard on the car or is it an accessory that you have to order? I'm hoping it comes as a standard..

2. The hood extractor does this come painted black as a standard or does it come body color? All the pictures I've seen its painted black with a optional carbon weave..............Again, I'm hoping this comes as a standard.

Some other observations looking at the 100 page order form that I downloaded from this site, no options for the interior (I will miss my white ceramic interior from my 2016 2LT) and no options for wheels. I do like the wheels that come stock on the car....

3 reasons I did this:

1. You only live once
2. I want this car and want to experience a super charged V8 and all of the performance stuff that comes along with it...
3. You only live once

Congrats! The wait will be worth it.

I struggled with the decision to buy my Camaro over a Tahoe... But it came down to "you only live once" as well. We have a new 8-passenger Traverse to haul kids in. I bust my butt at work and deserve to have a vehicle I can enjoy.

Good for you and look forward to your pics!
Zeus SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:34 PM   #40
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0311 View Post
It's interesting to me that you said you couldn't afford the 2SS that you really wanted so you went with the 2LT to keep all the goodies over a 1SS.

And now after posting about having some buyers remorse, you are going full blown ZL1. I wish you all the best in this, but it seems like quite a jump. Regardless, congrats! the ZL1 will be a monster.

Also, to everyone complaining about "people trying to sway him" nobody is trying to "sway him". They called him out for a clickbait-ish title (which it is) because he did not order a ZL1 today, he spec'd one out (which is great) but not the same.
It should be titled 'Just Another Thread about the Camaro I Ordered'

Everyone is excited to have ordered or bought a new Camaro SS or ZL! believe me.

I hope these images will make this thread more interesting for some.

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s

Last edited by CamaroBody; 08-26-2016 at 07:54 PM.
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:50 AM   #41
bbrown450

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
Dude chill out ...we all see what is going on here...we get it most of us can read between the lines, let the guy enjoy the process he knows the limitations !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
That's great however I still struggle to understand how you could place an order for anything as of today. The ordering system doesn't allow for it. I consider an order an order when it's submitted and any dealer that is able to submit such an order gets a workbench immediately along with a number to confirm its submission. Good luck with your ride.
bbrown450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:02 AM   #42
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown450 View Post
Dude chill out ...we all see what is going on here...we get it most of us can read between the lines, let the guy enjoy the process he knows the limitations !!!
Thanks, bbrown450 for having my back.......I appreciate it!!

I outline in my post that it (my order) will go thru when it goes thru. PLUS, I also say, "I know the automatics aren't available yet."

I have "tempered excitement" that I just got the process rolling, just a tiny bit anyway...Ha Ha

I Don't know why people have to hate so much........

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote