Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-05-2022, 11:55 AM   #57
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Dealers should charge a hefty non-refundable deposit on special ordered cars to put an end to this kind of nonsense.
Last time I declined delivery on a vehicle I special ordered, the dealer sold it the next day for hundreds more than I would have paid for it. Got a Christmas card from him.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:10 PM   #58
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
While I agree that there may be more to the story, I have to wonder why we need to know. I can think of many reasons to explain what is going on, but I would not feel comfortable posting about many of them on an internet car forum.

The way I see it the OP's initial post was to let us know his car situation, and probably to express some disappointment. I don't think his intent was to have people pry into his private life and whatever issues he may have. I think he may have expected some sympathy from us, but I'd be surprised if he thought he would be the subject of a lot of the speculation in this thread.
In all fairness, nobody is prying into his personal life. He made this post. He also gave a reason which doesn't quite add up. Now if he had said "due to personal reasons that I don't want to get into" or "due to personal reasons beyond my control " then nobody would have brought it up. But he offered a reason which, based on his posts for the past 2 years, seems sketchy. I never heard a grown young man decline a car that he special ordered and talked about for 2 years because he isn't a good driver. At any point in the 2 years that he has been talking about it he could have been practicing. And how long does it take to be able to safely drive? At 17 (back in the 90s) you passed your road test and that same night you could be driving cross country at 2am by yourself.

If OP has reasons he doesn't want to get into then he has every right to say it's personal.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:31 PM   #59
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
In all fairness, nobody is prying into his personal life. He made this post. He also gave a reason which doesn't quite add up. Now if he had said "due to personal reasons that I don't want to get into" or "due to personal reasons beyond my control " then nobody would have brought it up. But he offered a reason which, based on his posts for the past 2 years, seems sketchy. I never heard a grown young man decline a car that he special ordered and talked about for 2 years because he isn't a good driver. At any point in the 2 years that he has been talking about it he could have been practicing. And how long does it take to be able to safely drive? At 17 (back in the 90s) you passed your road test and that same night you could be driving cross country at 2am by yourself.

If OP has reasons he doesn't want to get into then he has every right to say it's personal.
How one views the OP's post has to do with your background and previous life exposures. My background is medical. I've seen a lot of people with different abilities and disabilities. The assumption that it should not take long to learn to safely drive assumes that the OP is the same as you. It might be helpful if we don't make that assumption and if we are a little more open-minded.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:47 PM   #60
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
How one views the OP's post has to do with your background and previous life exposures. My background is medical. I've seen a lot of people with different abilities and disabilities. The assumption that it should not take long to learn to safely drive assumes that the OP is the same as you. It might be helpful if we don't make that assumption and if we are a little more open-minded.
My background is medical as well. And I mentioned in a previous post that OP might have some disability or affliction that may be the issue...to which he denied was the case. And again, if he simply said he had personal reasons then nobody would've said anything. People are only questioning it because his reason doesn't seem on the up and up. Plus, if there was some disability, then that should have been addressed before he ordered the car. Or he could have reached out and perhaps someone on the forum close to him could have helped him. But again it doesn't add up.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:20 PM   #61
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I guess I tend to believe that most people have honest motives. I'm not sure why the OP would purposefully try to mislead us - what would he gain?

I'm not here to start an argument. I just started having images of people with pitchforks storming Dr. Frankenstein's castle lol.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:43 PM   #62
BundiMan
The Nights Watch

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6 Vert
Well something still isn't right because he is still asking Joe as of last night questions about the car. If you have decided to pass on the car don't waste other peoples time
TPW 8/23 24 Jul 2021
3400 30 Jul 2021
3800 26 Aug 2021
4000 1 Sep 2021
6000 14 Sep 2021
57 Days from accepted order to delivery.
19 Days from build to delivery.
BundiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 02:19 PM   #63
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
Quote:
I guess I tend to believe that most people have honest motives. I'm not sure why the OP would purposefully try to mislead us - what would he gain?
I don't think anything is done on purpose. Remember that George Carlin quote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.M.D1 View Post
hello joe, hope all is well, i need some help, i need to know if the factory used the correct parts for a build, as you may know i ordered a Camaro with the Heavy-Duty Cooling and Brake Package (Y4Q) and the factory used regular front fender liners instead of the ones designed for SS (and the parts associated with the package), it seems bizarre at first, but if there are the auxiliary radiators that live in the bumper they are prone to heat soaking(no way for them to breathe), can please look into it.
This post makes absolutely no sense. In what world do fender liners matter on a street 4 cyl Camaro that won't be driven anyway?

I'm thinking the parents need to take away his computer/phone for a while.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:08 PM   #64
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Following
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:10 PM   #65
ZL1plumbin

Drives: ZL1 1LE on order
Quote:
Dealers should charge a hefty non-refundable deposit on special ordered cars to put an end to this kind of nonsense.
Pfft. Have you seen the market

If I didn’t take delivery of my ordered ZLE not only would they keep $1k deposit they’d most likely sell it for anywhere between $3k-$10k over msrp to the right sucker. I bet they’re drooling hoping I don’t take it lol.
ZL1plumbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:19 PM   #66
Turbo22

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2LT 2.0 Ordered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaska View Post
I don't think anything is done on purpose. Remember that George Carlin quote?

This post makes absolutely no sense. In what world do fender liners matter on a street 4 cyl Camaro that won't be driven anyway?

I'm thinking the parents need to take away his computer/phone for a while.
Definitely...some were talking about his physical ability to drive, now I am wondering about his maturity...
Turbo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:52 PM   #67
lynne1le

Drives: .
he said he lives with his parents. i think they said no.
there's people out there waiting for their camaro but here you are with two unnecessarily built 2.0's.. ouch
regardless, good luck with your future car
lynne1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 08:22 AM   #68
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
With the way the market is today, I'm surprised most don't. We certainly do. If someone orders a car from us, the deposit is non refundable as I'm using an allocation that could go to the next person on our waitlist. We have a waitlist for orders for virtually every model right now so if someone backs out on an order that could have gone to someone else, they forfeit the deposit.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 08:41 AM   #69
CTS

Drives: 2021 Sierra Denali 6.2L/10sp CC 4WD
I thought in the state of Texas, is was legal for an car dealer to not refund a security deposit on a vehicle if the consumer no longer plans to purchase the vehicle, and did not sign any paperwork agreeing to a non refundable security deposit?
CTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 08:44 AM   #70
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTS View Post
I thought in the state of Texas, is was legal for an car dealer to not refund a security deposit on a vehicle if the consumer no longer plans to purchase the vehicle, and did not sign any paperwork agreeing to a non refundable security deposit?
Every customer that places a deposit with us, signs a form that details refundable/non-refundable. Can't speak for other dealers though.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote