The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 05:15 PM   #379
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
What’s the source on the vaccination % text added to the picture? Most sources state both countries are around 60-65% fully vaccinated.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:43 PM   #380
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Old 09-17-2021, 06:31 PM   #381
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
What age group / demographic is 2 in 110 of dying (1 in 55)?

Source
Just making a point based on general numbers. Even if I broke it down based upon age groups, the odds are still in my favor to take the vaccine versus potential side effects. Plus I got to quote a statement about swollen testicles, which made me laugh.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:36 PM   #382
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Idaho

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ida...254283733.html

The request to expand crisis standards beyond North Idaho was made by St. Luke’s Health System. St. Luke’s has major hospitals in Boise and Meridian.
Crisis standards of care were created in June 2020 as a plan to strategically ration health care if hospitals become overwhelmed with the demands in front of them. When crisis standards are implemented, hospital beds may not be available to someone who needs it, or beds could be in repurposed rooms not typically used for medical treatment.
Health and Welfare said the following in its Thursday news release: “In other words, someone who is otherwise healthy and would recover more rapidly may get treated or have access to a ventilator before someone who is not likely to recover.”
“The situation is dire — we don’t have enough resources to adequately treat the patients in our hospitals, whether you are there for COVID-19 or a heart attack or because of a car accident,” IDHW Director Dave Jeppesen said in a news release Thursday.
Each hospital will implement its own crisis standards of care policies as needed, according to Health and Welfare. If a hospital is managing under its current circumstances, it can continue to operate in that way.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:51 PM   #383
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
What’s the source on the vaccination % text added to the picture? Most sources state both countries are around 60-65% fully vaccinated.
In the spirit of accuracy, I’ll admit I see that too, elsewhere. I fell victim to my own cautionary tale by quoting something I read on the internet. Or...did I? Which one is right? And how is that proven? Answer that and you have the key to the truth.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:16 PM   #384
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I tend to believe vaccine complications are severely underreported in the overall media. Blood clots are all too common a side effect. Know a 30-something who’s been blind for three months post vaccines. It was finally determined to be a blood clot. (tho still blind) The ‘cure’ should not be doing this to people.

Even the mostly silly story about the rapper chick’s friend and his swollen testicles is not unprecedented. VAERS reports 46 such events. How many weren’t reported? The vaccines do indeed seem to play ‘some’ role in both male and female reproductive issues. Unfortunate coincidence? Is blindness and reproductive harm a perfectly acceptable inconvenience to avoiding a disease you still conservatively stand a 98% chance of surviving?
I agree..they want us so desperately ( pretty much by force at this point) to do the right thing , get vaccinated..but the companies that produce/make the vaccine are not held responsible if something goes wrong and nether is the government .its **** up .why are they not held responsible? But the people not vaccinated being punished?And when does it end with this weak sauce vaccine that's not really stopping people from getting sick or spreading the virus .causing issues with people's health.. I feel science was used to create this virus and now being used to make a so called vaccine that can control or manipulate virus to make big $$$.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2021, 08:19 PM   #385
Orange ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Glad to hear he pulled through!
Thank you . It was definitely scary
Old 09-17-2021, 09:40 PM   #386
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange ss View Post
I agree..they want us so desperately ( pretty much by force at this point) to do the right thing , get vaccinated..but the companies that produce/make the vaccine are not held responsible if something goes wrong and nether is the government .its **** up .why are they not held responsible? But the people not vaccinated being punished?And when does it end with this weak sauce vaccine that's not really stopping people from getting sick or spreading the virus .causing issues with people's health.. I feel science was used to create this virus and now being used to make a so called vaccine that can control or manipulate virus to make big $$$.
Can we hold individuals, who test Covid-19 positive but don't isolate and get others sick, responsible? Cause that's been happening for almost 2 years now.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:28 PM   #387
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
Can we hold individuals, who test Covid-19 positive but don't isolate and get others sick, responsible? Cause that's been happening for almost 2 years now.
Maybe you should hold the people who have the flu to the same standards....
Old 09-17-2021, 10:28 PM   #388
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
The government and large wealthy companies are almost never held responsible and it is also a 2 sides sword - because some will "sue" to "sue" to get a free ride.

But let's look at GM or gm right now, they have how many 1000s of cars that could potentially burn down the house? no pun intended. But all they have to legally do at the moment is tell you to keep it outside, away from other cars and do not leave it charging unintended. Hey, how about you take this death machine back?

It is a cluster, always has been and always will be. Government and Large Coprs > you

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:31 PM   #389
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Maybe you should hold the people who have the flu to the same standards....
And I do - so to speak, take a look at corporate America - you get a few weeks off a year, a few Holidays

What are you going to do when you are sick? Go to work and use those vacation/sick days for when you are feeling good and can function. I bitch at those people all the damn time, if you are sick - stay the **** home.

We have all created this cluster.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 09-17-2021, 11:57 PM   #390
Orange ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
How about this ?
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2021, 02:27 AM   #391
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I tend to believe vaccine complications are severely underreported in the overall media. Blood clots are all too common a side effect. Know a 30-something who’s been blind for three months post vaccines. It was finally determined to be a blood clot. (tho still blind) The ‘cure’ should not be doing this to people.

Even the mostly silly story about the rapper chick’s friend and his swollen testicles is not unprecedented. VAERS reports 46 such events. How many weren’t reported? The vaccines do indeed seem to play ‘some’ role in both male and female reproductive issues. Unfortunate coincidence? Is blindness and reproductive harm a perfectly acceptable inconvenience to avoiding a disease you still conservatively stand a 98% chance of surviving?
Ballgate has been debunked.
The Health Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Terrence Deyalsingh, shoots down Minaj's claims at a press conference, saying, "One of the reasons we could not respond yesterday in real-time to Miss Minaj is that we had to check and make sure that what she was claiming was either true or false. Unfortunately, we wasted so much time yesterday running down this false claim." He says as far as the government there knows, "there have been no such reported either side effect or adverse event." He adds, "As we stand now, there is absolutely no reported such side effects or adverse event of testicular swelling in Trinidad ... none that we know of anywhere else in the world."
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
Old 09-18-2021, 06:33 AM   #392
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
We have all created this cluster.

Interesting. I don't think anyone on this forum has "created" this cluster. It seems that maybe we should look to China?

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
Closed Thread