The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 07:31 AM   #323
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
Saw it on ABC nightly news
ABC New has this in their coverage
Quote:
Jennifer Malone, a spokesperson for the Cullman hospital, confirmed DeMonia was a patient and said he needed to be transferred to receive a higher level of specialized care not available at Cullman Regional Medical Center.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...itals-80001677

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 09-14-2021, 08:42 AM   #324
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Sounds like everything else concerning the mighty covid, just skew the story however you need to fit the narrative you're trying to prove.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:56 AM   #325
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Sounds like everything else concerning the mighty covid, just skew the story however you need to fit the narrative you're trying to prove.

Who is skewing the story?
The family making the claim?
The hospital ?

"Jennifer Malone, a spokesperson for the Cullman hospital, confirmed DeMonia was a patient and said he needed to be transferred to receive a higher level of specialized care not available at Cullman Regional Medical Center. She could not comment more for privacy reasons, but said, the “continued surge in COVID patients has saturated tertiary care hospitals creating an ongoing and increasing challenge for Cullman Regional staff to find hospitals able to receive patient transfers when needed.”
https://cullmanregional.com/services...ular-services/
Old 09-14-2021, 09:01 AM   #326
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Just learned that the wife's ex mother in law had a heart attack yesterday and is having open heart surgery this morning...in a hospital...in Alabama. I doubt ABC News will back me up on that though.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:53 AM   #327
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Just learned that the wife's ex mother in law had a heart attack yesterday and is having open heart surgery this morning...in a hospital...in Alabama. I doubt ABC News will back me up on that though.
Sorry for that sad news. I wish you, you're family, and her the best.

I'm sure that this has made many Covid victims seek out of state hospital treatment now because of this lady's selfishness....
Old 09-14-2021, 10:06 AM   #328
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
"Jennifer Malone, a spokesperson for the Cullman hospital, confirmed DeMonia was a patient and said he needed to be transferred to receive a higher level of specialized care not available at Cullman Regional Medical Center.
As I was saying.....
He needed a higher level of care from a CCU unit....
A unit not available in just any hospital, let alone a hospital in a town of 14-18K

The dude didn't flop around in the parking lot trying to find a hospital bed as is being portrayed.

Quote:
.... the “continued surge in COVID patients has saturated tertiary care hospitals creating an ongoing and increasing challenge for Cullman Regional staff to find hospitals able to receive patient transfers when needed.”
https://www.verywellhealth.com/prima...y-care-2615354

"Once a patient is hospitalized and needs a higher level of specialty care within the hospital, he may be referred to tertiary care. Tertiary care requires highly specialized equipment and expertise. At this level, you will find procedures such as coronary artery bypass surgery, renal or hemodialysis, and some plastic surgeries or neurosurgeries."

TRANSLATION: Dude needed some serious specialized care, that even an "accreditated heart hospital" couldn't handle and a very limited amount of hospitals could.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:27 AM   #329
Silver14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
The dude didn't flop around in the parking lot trying to find a hospital bed as is being portrayed.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/prima...y-care-2615354

"Once a patient is hospitalized and needs a higher level of specialty care within the hospital, he may be referred to tertiary care. Tertiary care requires highly specialized equipment and expertise. At this level, you will find procedures such as coronary artery bypass surgery, renal or hemodialysis, and some plastic surgeries or neurosurgeries."

TRANSLATION: Dude needed some serious specialized care, that even an "accreditated heart hospital" couldn't handle and a very limited amount of hospitals could.
Have links to share that portray it that way? The ones I've seen in this thread didn't seem that sensationalized.

The translation explains tertiary care but ignores the meaning of the quote - the hospital spokesperson is saying those tertiary facilities are also experiencing capacity issues which makes it more difficult for primary facilities to find available tertiary facilities.

One family claiming the hospital contacted 43 hospitals does not mean all families will make the same claim or have the same experience.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:41 PM   #330
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Have links to share that portray it that way? The ones I've seen in this thread didn't seem that sensationalized.
Exaggerated? Yes. The article does paint the picture that there was no help available for tis guy though.

Quote:
One family claiming the hospital contacted 43 hospitals does not mean all families will make the same claim or have the same experience.
Thank you for making my point.

It was a freak thing that happened in a small town and they couldn't provide him with the level of care he needed. And, as all other things Covid, this story has been sensationalized. I'm willing to bet people have had similar situations, with similar results pre-Covid.

Since heart disease is the #1 killer of Americans, it really isn't really news in "normal" times.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:01 PM   #331
Silver14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Exaggerated? Yes. The article does paint the picture that there was no help available for tis guy though.

Thank you for making my point.

It was a freak thing that happened in a small town and they couldn't provide him with the level of care he needed. And, as all other things Covid, this story has been sensationalized. I'm willing to bet people have had similar situations, with similar results pre-Covid.

Since heart disease is the #1 killer of Americans, it really isn't really news in "normal" times.

Similar situations sure, I'm not familiar with any to that extreme, and it being an extreme example might be why some consider it news worthy.

If the point is that it's a normal occurrence to need tertiary care, I don't think anyone will disagree. The point of the quote is that it's increasing challenge due to tertiary care facilities being saturated, it's not normal times for the primary or tertiary facility.
Old 09-14-2021, 03:29 PM   #332
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Name:  Screenshot_20210908-163859_Facebook.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  103.9 KB

Oklahomans typically don't wear winter coats like this in 90+ degree temperatures.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
Old 09-14-2021, 04:02 PM   #333
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
United States

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:
Old 09-14-2021, 04:09 PM   #334
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
All Anchorage ICU beds full as Alaska COVID hospitalizations keep rising

https://www.ktoo.org/2021/09/14/all-...s-keep-rising/
Old 09-14-2021, 04:15 PM   #335
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Attachment 1079890

Oklahomans typically don't wear winter coats like this in 90+ degree temperatures.
Lol, not to mention that most gunshot victims don’t literally wait standing in line…

This picture is clearly from 2020 and these people are waiting to buy toilet paper.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:22 PM   #336
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Attachment 1079890

Quote:
Rolling Stone slammed for FAKE story about Oklahoma patients overdosing on ivermectin
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and other publications like Newsweek and The Guardian also shared Dr McElyea's fake account of patients overdosing on ivermectin

By Pooja Salvi
Published on : 05:52 PST, Sep 6, 2021

https://meaww.com/dr-jason-mc-elyea-...-on-ivermectin

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Closed Thread