The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 09:52 AM   #253
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Last year, when I said that Covid deaths were being OVER reported, I was called a conspiracy nut by Google. This year, the other side is saying that India's deaths are being UNDER reported but I'm still a conspiracy nut, by quoting Google. Curious, huh?
Old 09-11-2021, 09:55 AM   #254
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
How is it different than any other vaccine mandated already? serious question, and while they still have to pay "taxes" on that school they can homeschool to get around the issue.

I am waiting for private sector to start up "homeschool schools"
Polio and Hepatitis B affects children. We know, absolutely, that COVID does not unless thetr are comorbidities. Let them be vaccinated or isolated.

50% of the country cannot afford to send their children to privates schools or to miss work to home school. Most parents are not qualified to home school. (wife works in public schools).

So ...I'll repeat

The LA school district has mandated COVID vaccinations for children 12 and older. The parents of those children (and all others IMO) should be able to take their share of school funding and go elsewhere.

"We" like "choice" unless it involves COVID vaccination or where our children get their education

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 09-11-2021 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:58 AM   #255
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Just quoting the almighty, all knowing, right wing nut job cancelling, Google.

Attachment 1079556
Thank you for providing your source! Up to you if you want to read other sources to form your opinion, just sharing them as I think excess deaths is a fascinating way to look at things.

Quote:
Last year, when I said that Covid deaths were being OVER reported, I was called a conspiracy nut by Google. This year, the other side is saying that India's deaths are being UNDER reported but I'm still a conspiracy nut, by quoting Google. Curious, huh?
Who said that?
Old 09-11-2021, 10:03 AM   #256
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Thank you for providing your source! Up to you if you want to read other sources to form your opinion, just sharing them as I think excess deaths is a fascinating way to look at things.

Who said that?
Several "friends" when I posed my India death vs USA question on them. Their answer was simply, Google is wrong and India is underreporting. Or is incapable of accurate reporting. Yet for any other subject, Google is their definitive, go-to source.

Not only has death and despair been sold to us through relentless marketing, now people absolutely want it, need it, eat it, sleep it and drink it in. They so desperately WANT more dead than is being reported in India...and everywhere. It helps feed their fear.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:11 AM   #257
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Several "friends" when I posed my India death vs USA question on them. Their answer was simply, Google is wrong and India is underreporting. Or is incapable of accurate reporting. Yet for any other subject, Google is their definitive, go-to source.

Not only has death and despair been sold to us through relentless marketing, now people absolutely want it, need it, eat it, sleep it and drink it in. They so desperately WANT more dead than is being reported in India...and everywhere. It helps feed their fear.
Gotcha, I read it as here on the forum. I hope that people are evaluating each article on its own merit rather than automatically trusting or distrusting a source. Google sources data from somewhere, up to the individual if they want to look into it before forming an opinion

Do you think it’s possible the numbers in India are underreported?
Old 09-11-2021, 10:26 AM   #258
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Gotcha, I read it as here on the forum. I hope that people are evaluating each article on its own merit rather than automatically trusting or distrusting a source. Google sources data from somewhere, up to the individual if they want to look into it before forming an opinion

Do you think it’s possible the numbers in India are underreported?
I think it’s plausible that they could be underreported. And by the same token, I think the world numbers could be over reported. The media is agenda and narrative driven, truth and accuracy is easily a distance third or fourth.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:33 AM   #259
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:

This is so true.

When the "death rate" wasn't producing the numbers here in the US the media started with the "infection rate" since it is a much more spectacular (and expanding) number.

Remember in the beginning of all this "millions of Americans are going to die"?

We STILL haven't cracked 3/4 of a million yet....
Old 09-11-2021, 10:35 AM   #260
Moto-Mojo

I just feel like India it’s a perfect example and test case for the virus and vaccines. I looked at their funeral pyres as closely as I could for bodies inside them. It was really hard to tell. And if their deaths are really where they should be, I almost question whether there’s enough wood in that country!
Old 09-11-2021, 10:51 AM   #261
Moto-Mojo

One other observation about Sturgis. Knowing how the MSM pounces on every story of an anti-vaxxer who dies from Covid, imagine the feeding frenzy in the bloody waters of 1400 dead from that rally. Yet I’m not hearing much about it.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:58 AM   #262
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Quote:
I hope that people are evaluating each article on its own merit rather than automatically trusting or distrusting a source. Google sources data from somewhere, up to the individual if they want to look into it before forming an opinion
Exactly. It’s very easy to find a source on the internet that confirms our world view on whatever topic you can think of - aka confirmation bias. You can’t trust Fox News or CNN or whatever you normally read to tell you the full story. They ALL have an agenda - ALL of them. It is true regardless of your political leanings.

People very much want to read news that confirms their beliefs. Again, liberal, conservative, left, right - everyone does it.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:01 AM   #263
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
One other observation about Sturgis. Knowing how the MSM pounces on every story of an anti-vaxxer who dies from Covid, imagine the feeding frenzy in the bloody waters of 1400 dead from that rally. Yet I’m not hearing much about it.
You mean something like this?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 09-11-2021, 11:17 AM   #264
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
That story reminds me of another observation I’ve been forced to adopt. My wife works in a hospital and the political and partisan bias is alive and well within the walls of that facility, among doctors and other caregivers.

I have been forced to accept that one of the most important tools you can have in your healthcare arsenal is finding a doctor who thinks like you, voted like you and vaccinated like you. And trust me, it will require all three! Otherwise, if you do end up in the hospital, and you’re unvaccinated, it’s likely you’ll receive less than stellar care - by some, and then have a ventilator shoved down your throat and left to die. And ultimately told, “death is imminent.”

This is an incredibly sad state of affairs. My wife literally hears doctors arguing about their allegiance to the Hippocratic Oath when it comes to caring for the unvaccinated. Be warned!
Old 09-11-2021, 12:19 PM   #265
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Polio and Hepatitis B affects children. We know, absolutely, that COVID does not unless thetr are comorbidities. Let them be vaccinated or isolated.

50% of the country cannot afford to send their children to privates schools or to miss work to home school. Most parents are not qualified to home school. (wife works in public schools).

So ...I'll repeat

The LA school district has mandated COVID vaccinations for children 12 and older. The parents of those children (and all others IMO) should be able to take their share of school funding and go elsewhere.

"We" like "choice" unless it involves COVID vaccination or where our children get their education
Students Admitted at TK/K-12 Need:
Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) — 5 doses
(4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday. 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday.)
For 7th-12th graders, at least 1 dose of pertussis-containing vaccine is required on or after 7th birthday.

Polio (OPV or IPV) — 4 doses
(3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)

Hepatitis B — 3 doses
(not required for 7th grade entry)

Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) — 2 doses
(Both given on or after 1st birthday)

Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses

https://www.shotsforschool.org/k-12/

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 09-11-2021, 12:28 PM   #266
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Students Admitted at TK/K-12 Need:
Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) — 5 doses
(4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday. 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday.)
For 7th-12th graders, at least 1 dose of pertussis-containing vaccine is required on or after 7th birthday.

Polio (OPV or IPV) — 4 doses
(3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)

Hepatitis B — 3 doses
(not required for 7th grade entry)

Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) — 2 doses
(Both given on or after 1st birthday)

Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses

https://www.shotsforschool.org/k-12/
Are children affected by those?
Are children affected by COVID?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Closed Thread