Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-05-2015, 08:01 PM   #1
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Cold Air Inductions CAI

How much of a difference did you feel after you installed it?

This is mostly for people who are otherwise stock. I see WHP gains, but I'm just wondering if you feel it in your butt dyno, or if the car drives differently/better?
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:44 PM   #2
thino

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
butt dyno is improved for sure and air flow. i love the intake. numbers wise havent dynod it but i highly recommend it
Old 12-05-2015, 09:50 PM   #3
8balldeluxe

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Victory Red
You can sure feel the difference, mine pulled harder after install and overall performance is much better
Speed Engineering Headers w/ Texas Speed HFC's ~ Flowmaster 2 1/2" cat back w/Flowmaster Super 10's ~ Cold Air Inductions Intake w/ Scoop and WW relocate ~ VMAX CNC Spiral PTB ~ Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/Hawk pads ~ ZL1 Spoiler ~ SCTX4 RDP Tuned
8balldeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:03 AM   #4
SuperStock

Drives: Imperial Blue 2012 2SS/RS
I noticed a bit of throttle response, but where it really shines is the deeper growl from the engine. I bought it knowing it wasn't a "game-changing" mod, and it definitely was better than expected.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:05 AM   #5
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Sounds good when half-WOT. I feel I noticed a slight difference in power but could be just in my head
havelegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:29 AM   #6
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
I definitely felt more power on the "butt dyno" after my CAI install and like said, the engine would "growl" more. Adding the scoop and washer bottle relocation seemed to add more even more. Very happy with my choice's.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:44 AM   #7
Kens ss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS , L99 convertible
Yup definitely launches and pulls out better. I liked it so much, I am adding scoop to gain a little more air flow.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:49 AM   #8
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
The CAI Inc. system definitely adds more punch and response. Naturally aspirated engine + increased/colder air = more power and quicker response.

*The improved sound is an added bonus. And I love the "Pfsssssst" when you kill the engine.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:44 AM   #9
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Spike III Build 2011 IBM 1SS/RS [COTW 6/25/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
The CAI Inc. system definitely adds more punch and response. Naturally aspirated engine + increased/colder air = more power and quicker response.

*The improved sound is an added bonus. And I love the "Pfsssssst" when you kill the engine.

I been waiting for a response from someone I know on here. Did you put the scoop & relocate bottle. I have my CAI already waiting for the other 2 pieces. I took my other aftermarket CAI out. Had it in for 4 years. Hoping with the new parts I will get a more HP with the tune I have.

Last edited by BLU DUCE; 12-06-2015 at 03:52 PM.
BLU DUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:27 PM   #10
AQUA2LT

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
PN 23454578 IS OEM Z28 CAI. gm did it right can't beat the quality. went on easy, love it .came with mass air flow sensor
Attached Images

AQUA2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:11 AM   #11
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The relies above are great explanations of what to expect. It is a great basic bolt on but it is important to keep in mind that your engine is a system of systems that all work together. You never fully realize the benefits of more air in until you increase how much air can go out. In other words, an intake upgrade will also have positive benefits down the road as other upgrades are made.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:58 AM   #12
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
I been waiting for a response from someone I know on here. Did you put the scoop & relocate bottle. I have my CAI already waiting for the other 2 pieces. I took my other aftermarket CAI out. Had it in for 4 years. Hoping with the new parts I will get a more HP with the tune I have.
I drove it with just the CAI for about 6 months before I got the scoop and w/w kit. I believe the addition made a great thing even better. I don't have a custom tune as it isn't needed with the CAI Inc. system, but you may want to consider having yours checked since you have a tune that (I assume) considered the other cold air system you had.

Side Note: I went through your town on the way to Utica last July (taking the scenic route from Binghamton). Had to stop and visit the beautiful falls that I used to visit when I live up that way (many years ago).
Name:  003.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  218.9 KB
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:02 AM   #13
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUA2LT View Post
PN 23454578 IS OEM Z28 CAI. gm did it right can't beat the quality. went on easy, love it .came with mass air flow sensor
Is your vert a L99 or LS3. Just curious.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #14
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Spike III Build 2011 IBM 1SS/RS [COTW 6/25/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I drove it with just the CAI for about 6 months before I got the scoop and w/w kit. I believe the addition made a great thing even better. I don't have a custom tune as it isn't needed with the CAI Inc. system, but you may want to consider having yours checked since you have a tune that (I assume) considered the other cold air system you had.

Side Note: I went through your town on the way to Utica last July (taking the scenic route from Binghamton). Had to stop and visit the beautiful falls that I used to visit when I live up that way (many years ago).
Attachment 760194
I'll check it out. I also have the CNC ported throttle Body W/headers & JB high flow cats W/x-pipe. Going to