Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 10:06 AM   #57
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I used to get lovin in the backseat of my1976 baby blue 4dr Pontiac Lemans. The car doesn't matter that much. Your right.
I hear ya. Same for my '67 Camaro. In fact, when my girlfriend and I got married, she couldn't do it on the bed, so I had to bring the back seat of the car in the house every night for two months.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:19 AM   #58
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroinCLE View Post
IMO why pay 4-5K more for the whole 1 second faster. Unless your racing it, 300+ HP will do the trick any day of the week. MPG is great for that much power. I am averaging 21.5 which is the same as my old impala with 100 less HP.
My 2010 2SS averaged 22.2 all around for 4 years. Saw 26+ on the freeway in good conditions.
My 2015 1LE is averaging 21.5 with 1000 miles on it. Should improve as it breaks in and I get minor mods on it.
Never saw less than 19.5. Ever.

Personally I don't care if someone wants the V6. That's great. Just be happy with what you bought.
What I find irritating is the person that buys one and then spends the next two years posting 45 threads about "how do I make my V6 sound like a V8" ,"how do I do a V6 to V8 engine swap", "how do I make my V6 blah, blah, blah V8"..

If you get a V6. It's a V6. If you really wanted a V8, then you should have bought one.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:25 AM   #59
Aikidoshadow
Rabbit of Caerbannog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
My 2010 2SS averaged 22.2 all around for 4 years. Saw 26+ on the freeway in good conditions.
My 2015 1LE is averaging 21.5 with 1000 miles on it. Should improve as it breaks in and I get minor mods on it.
Never saw less than 19.5. Ever.

Personally I don't care if someone wants the V6. That's great. Just be happy with what you bought.
What I find irritating is the person that buys one and then spends the next two years posting 45 threads about "how do I make my V6 sound like a V8" ,"how do I do a V6 to V8 engine swap", "how do I make my V6 blah, blah, blah V8"..

If you get a V6. It's a V6. If you really wanted a V8, then you should have bought one.
I average like 14 mpg, because I'm a maniac. But yes I agree if you have a v6 ok, more production means more platform support and parts thanks! If you are having buyers remorse, trade in, buy up, or save up and get a V8.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:27 AM   #60
CurtiSSWatson

Drives: Black SS
I am a V8 owner because I like to hear and feel what I drive. Power is my thing. The V6 is not a car to be ashamed of, because it is a powerful car itself, with room to grow as well. Very respectable and it looks the part. Enjoy your car my guy.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:31 AM   #61
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Be proud of what you drive. Only immature people give a rat's ass about labeling a certain model "less" than another. You should own what you want because it makes you feel good. F*#k what anyone else thinks....
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #62
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
NO. It's still a Camaro regardless of the engine. Has the same heritage. Enjoy it!!!

J
Old 12-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #63
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Get what makes you happy if you want a V8 get the V8 and done settle for the V6.

I myself did not want the V8 I already had one in the garage plus this was my daily driver. I was and am at point in my life I do not need the V8 power I never use it, I had/have no plans or performance upgrades besides the exhaust (for sound) other than that I take mine to shows so for me performance is a non issue I do not need the extra HP.

6 years later I have no regrets I have not wished I ordered a V8 or trading in for a V8 I am happy with what I have.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #64
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagner View Post
Fell in love with a midnight blue 2015 Camaro 2lt. Ended up buying it cause my dad passed away and he always loved his old camaro. Kind of bought it just to have that connection again. But now lots of people are saying v-8 owners talk crap and make jokes of v-6 owners so I'll just be shamed around other car fanatics. Not that I care too much but I always saw posts on this site so wanted to see what people here say. B
First of all - congratulations on the car. It is beautiful. I've always liked that combination of blue and tan interior.

Secondly - the only people who are going to give you a hard time about buying a V6 Camaro are idiots, and insecure, sad people.

Do you like the way it looks?

Do you enjoy the way it drives?

Do you have a meaning behind owning it?

Do you look back at the car as you walk away in, say, a parking lot, or a garage...

These are the important questions to answer. And none of them have anything to do with what engine it has.

You've got a very noble reason for purchasing the car. Something that many people (even here) cannot completely understand. Hold your head high, and be proud of your car because it's what YOU like.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #65
Bud 1LE 2SS RS

Drives: 2015 1LE Suspen 2SS RS Green Flash
Op, go over to the New England forum and post up under the Ct. Members and join us! We take everyone. Does not matter if it's a V6 IT'S a Camaro
Old 12-17-2015, 11:27 AM   #66
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Sorry to hear about your dad. Definitely - DO NOT BE ASHAMED. They're beautiful cars (V6 or V8), and if it has sentimental value, that much more you shouldn't be ashamed.

Not sure where you are on modding it, but there's some V6's here that'll give a lot of V8's a run for their money.

I have a co-worker who owns a 2011 L99, which also has sentimental value... her dad (which passed away, may he rest in peace) helped her purchase the car. It is black - but completely stock (except for the K&N CAI I gave her when I put in the Vararam). She will not mod further than that tho, and plans to keep the car forever because of its sentimental value.

I am happy for her and her ride... like I'm happy for you and your ride. Enjoy what you have and count those blessings... because people all over the world would kill for a Camaro... any Camaro V6 OR V8.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:33 AM   #67
stock block

Drives: 2015 zl1
I use to have 98 v6 firebird that only had 200hp ,and the ladies loved it ,sure some of my buds would crack jokes and try to dismiss the cars coolness because of only having the v6. But at the end of the day I was the guy with the hot GF and perma grin
Old 12-17-2015, 11:38 AM   #68
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
im really surprised there havent been any V8 guys in here going "you made a mistake"
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
Old 12-17-2015, 11:38 AM   #69
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
Ashamed? Heck No! Check out my plate#! I flaunt it! Then when an SS pulls up next to me and tries to show off - i hit the Nitrous and goooooodbyeeeee SS

The V6 is already faster than most cars on the road anyway. Be proud of your ride bro!
Attached Images

BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
Old 12-17-2015, 11:42 AM   #70
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Flaunt that shiz.

JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group

Closed Thread