Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 10:18 AM   #155
The Dutchman
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikosV6 View Post
Aww...it seems the poor cocky LS3 owners we have in this thread are finally realizing their precious so-called bad azz rides are no longer special anymore. It okay though, you can always trade up to a 6th gen SS.

Wow, you guys are really butt hurt by all of this. Look at all the emotional responses directed against me for stating what is an actual fact. The new 6th gen SS is literally blowing your doors off by knocking on 11's with just a drag radial swap and there is nothing you can do except dump more money for more mods. lol!

Sorry guys, but it looks like the days of LS3 bragging rights is now over. Technology always marches on and the LS3 is now just a footnote in automotive history like the L98. It's time to "upgrade" to a "better" powertrain called the LT1.

As for the lackluster reply stating that the 323hp of the 3.6L LFX is not so special compared to the competition. Well, perhaps if GM gave us 100% WOT below 4K rpms we would see an increase in power. Getting 350-360hp out of the LFX is not that hard to do. And, that is a heck of a lot more impressive to me than some old tech pushrod 6.2L making 426hp.

I don't have to justify my purchase. I wanted the V6, not the V8. I don't care about racing some fool on the street to be first goon at the next stoplight or the first one entering an onramp, I'll let the cocky LS3 owners play that game.
Wow dude you have some serious self-esteem issues. Save up your money and buy a V8 if you feel that bad about yourself.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:28 AM   #156
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Aww...it seems the poor cocky LS3 owners we have in this thread are finally realizing their precious so-called bad azz rides are no longer special anymore. It okay though, you can always trade up to a 6th gen SS.

Wow, you guys are really butt hurt by all of this. Look at all the emotional responses directed against me for stating what is an actual fact. The new 6th gen SS is literally blowing your doors off by knocking on 11's with just a drag radial swap and there is nothing you can do except dump more money for more mods. lol!

Sorry guys, but it looks like the days of LS3 bragging rights is now over. Technology always marches on and the LS3 is now just a footnote in automotive history like the L98. It's time to "upgrade" to a "better" powertrain called the LT1.

As for the lackluster reply stating that the 323hp of the 3.6L LFX is not so special compared to the competition. Well, perhaps if GM gave us 100% WOT below 4K rpms we would see an increase in power. Getting 350-360hp out of the LFX is not that hard to do. And, that is a heck of a lot more impressive to me than some old tech pushrod 6.2L truck motor making 426hp.

I don't have to justify my purchase. I wanted the V6, not the V8. I don't care about racing some fool on the street to be first goon at the next stoplight or be the first car entering an onramp, I'll let the cocky LS3 owners play that game.
LOLWUT?

Read the thread again...
Old 12-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #157
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
dont top fuel dragsters use pushrod motors
Old 12-18-2015, 10:32 AM   #158
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
LOLWUT?

Read the thread again...
Reading is hard.
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
Old 12-18-2015, 10:32 AM   #159
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:

As for the lackluster reply stating that the 323hp of the 3.6L LFX is not so special compared to the competition. Well, perhaps if GM gave us 100% WOT below 4K rpms we would see an increase in power. Getting 350-360hp out of the LFX is not that hard to do. And, that is a heck of a lot more impressive to me than some old tech pushrod 6.2L truck motor making 426hp.

I don't have to justify my purchase. I wanted the V6, not the V8. I don't care about racing some fool on the street to be first goon at the next stoplight or be the first car entering an onramp, I'll let the cocky LS3 owners play that game.
And this is the person saying us SS owners are cocky when here is a V6 owner that is right up there. I guess you didn't read through the pages and how us V8 owners are saying to the OP that he made a great choice and for a good cause, I wonder who started the bashing. As for the record the LT1 has also been around for a long time like the LS3 but with new tech to it, look it up Mr. facts. And no one was talking about the 6th gen until you said something, you're the one who got this thread off topic. Am I butt hurt? Nope I enjoy my so called outdated engine and don't have a desire to upgrade to the new SS just yet and that probably goes with most of the users on here. So what else are you going to say to throw this thread off again. Again OP don't let one user on here throw your thread off, if you need advice on mods let us know and we can help you out if you want to go that route whether it is performance or cosmetics.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:36 AM   #160
polizzio

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
dont top fuel dragsters use pushrod motors
Top Fuel engines are rebuilt completely after every round. They might run under load for 10 seconds max.
Also they run on 90% nitromethane, and are rev limited to 8500 rpm by NHRA.
They produce 20 HP per cubic inch of displacement.....a VERY radical engine, based on the old Chrystler hemi engines.

They are an anomoly...not the norm by any means.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Fuel
Old 12-18-2015, 10:46 AM   #161
nross33

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT- Gone 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by polizzio View Post
Absolutely! This is my buddy Tom's ZL1.....everybody here is a wimp to him! He is the KING.

That mad my day lol, thanks for sharing!
Old 12-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #162
polizzio

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Camaro
Yer welcome
Old 12-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #163
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
You have some stinky bait, but I'm bored so I'll bite.

LS3s will always be special as they only used them in select vehicles. Also the engine swap of choice for damn near everything. You can bet Chevy will be selling LS3 crate engines for years to come.

The 3.6 isn't and never will be special. You are like a peasant that rejoices when the king is finally dethroned, then the new king comes in and you are still the same peasant. Pointless really because mod for mod you will never see an LS3 in your mirrors.

So laugh all you want, while the new 4 cylinders ponycars are gonna be mopping the floor with you.
LS3's were special until the LT1 came along. Better start saving up for a lot more mods because you're going to need them against the 6th gen SS. It sucks that a run of the mill slushbox A8 6th gen SS can blow your doors off, ain't it?

GM sells lots of LS3 crate engines because they're low tech enough ( no D.I., VVT or AFM,) to be put in old street rods, hot rods and muscle cars. In other words, they are the cockroach of the 21st century like the old SBC gen1 was in the last one.

The 3.6L may not be special, but who cares. It fullfills my needs and has the technology in it to keep it relevant even today. The LS3 was old tech when it came out in '10. Kings and peasants? You must be watching too many gladiator movies or something. The mod for mod argument is pointless and it sounds a lot like ricer mentality to me. I could do a LT1 swap as a mod. I could do an LS3 swap as a mod. The argument is pointless at that level.

I will never see a LS3 in my mirrors? With a Fabberge TT kit running the higher boost option, I will. And, that cocky, mosty stock or lightly modded LS3 owner would never know what hit them.

The new 2.0L turbo will have a lot of potential, I agree. I don't feel threatened though. After all, we're just the lowly "peasants", right? There is nowhere for us to go, but up for us V6'ers. However, when those little 4cyl turbos start cranking up the boost, they will be giving you a good run for your money.

Like I said earlier, better start saving up for a lot more mods on your so called special LS3. You're gonna need them.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:53 AM   #164
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
LS3's were special until the LT1 came along. Better start saving up for a lot more mods because you're going to need them against the 6th gen SS. It sucks that a run of the mill slushbox A8 6th gen SS can blow your doors off, ain't it?
No one here is talking about the 6th gen. Just you and the other people that can't read.

I stopped reading when you called the new A8 a slushbox. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Just another keyboard warrior.
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
Old 12-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #165
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:

Sorry about your inferiority complex. They have meds for that.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #166
The Dutchman
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Mikos needs to get laid.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #167
jolson63

Drives: 2014 camaro ss
V-6 has 300+ hp. they have a lot of S%&t and git!!

Closed Thread