Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-21-2018, 04:16 PM   #127
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Good thing most disagree. The 6th gen and the refresh are steps backward visually. You should give a reason why....then follow it up with how the current and refreshed 6th gen are a hit.
Most as in who ? Talk to a group of older Camaro owners about what they think of the Gen 5 , do you think they would love the retro look ? Yeah in a Camaro 5 forum most will love its retro styling but the love is not as wide spread as you think . Sure it was a good blend looks and performance that GM put together to make it sell as a Camaro . In my opion the gen 6 is a much better looking car then the 5th gen, and is a hit for those who drive them . Number of cars that have been sold is meaningless when it come to our cars , it just shows how well GM can plan when they want to.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:22 PM   #128
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Most as in who ? Talk to a group of older Camaro owners about what they think of the Gen 5 , do you think they would love the retro look ? Yeah in a Camaro 5 forum most will love its retro styling but the love is not as wide spread as you think . Sure it was a good blend looks and performance that GM put together to make it sell as a Camaro . In my opion the gen 6 is a much better looking car then the 5th gen, and is a hit for those who drive them . Number of cars that have been sold is meaningless when it come to our cars , it just shows how well GM can plan when they want to.
Have to agree. Loved the gen6 car from the moment I laid eye on it. It makes the gen5 look dated. Sorry guys, just my opion. I still have love for the gen5 cars. How couldnt you? I just like everything about the gen6 better especially looks. I would still own a gen5 1LE or ZL1 if the right one ever came around for a good price. I should have kept my gen5 ZL1.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:20 PM   #129
67 to 91 to 13

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Have to agree. Loved the gen6 car from the moment I laid eye on it. It makes the gen5 look dated. Sorry guys, just my opion. I still have love for the gen5 cars. How couldnt you? I just like everything about the gen6 better especially looks. I would still own a gen5 1LE or ZL1 if the right one ever came around for a good price. I should have kept my gen5 ZL1.
The 5th gen is a retro modern design, it’s suppose to look dated as in 1969. Is a classic design revisioned.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:07 PM   #130
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
When most people don't even know there's a 6th gen speaks for its self. Say what you want but the 5th gen style was and still is very popular. All the points your making are opinion based like most are here. ...but don't act like its the right one. You say the retro look should have never happened....but you think the 6th gen is a success visually......I don't agree.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:07 PM   #131
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i really have to look twice to tell the difference.couldnt we find something better to argue over?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:19 PM   #132
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
i really have to look twice to tell the difference.couldnt we find something better to argue over?
I have to quit commenting in every single thread started by somebody 5th gen vs 6th gen.Its the same debate and comments everytime.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:52 PM   #133
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

What I find funny is that GM fixed what everyone complainted about with the gen5 in the gen6 car and people still complain. Go figure.

Wait you can see out of these new fangled models? Okay that's it I'm sold!
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:40 PM   #134
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
When most people don't even know there's a 6th gen speaks for its self. Say what you want but the 5th gen style was and still is very popular. All the points your making are opinion based like most are here. ...but don't act like its the right one. You say the retro look should have never happened....but you think the 6th gen is a success visually......I don't agree.
Most people know of the 5th Gen Camaro as a movie prop, which helps in its popularity i'm sure ,even if it was a GTO. I'm not a fan of the retro look at all and always thought it was an easy way out for the designer , you won't see Corvette ever go retro because its heritage is held to a higher level, like they should have done with the Camaro .
Old 06-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #135
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 to 91 to 13 View Post
The 5th gen is a retro modern design, it’s suppose to look dated as in 1969. Is a classic design revisioned.
The 69 isnt dated. Its timeless. There is a difference.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:50 PM   #136
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Wait you can see out of these new fangled models? Okay that's it I'm sold!
I dont remember anyone complaining about being able to see out of a gen5. I remember tons complaining that they were too heavy and not nimple enough. Did GM fix that? Somewhat, but at a cost. Still a better car than the gen5. Sorry, you're not going to change my opinion on that as im not going to change yours. It doesnt take anything away from the gen5 in saying anyhow. It stands on its own for what it was in it's time.

Last edited by motorhead; 06-22-2018 at 03:02 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:38 PM   #137
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Most people know of the 5th Gen Camaro as a movie prop, which helps in its popularity i'm sure ,even if it was a GTO. I'm not a fan of the retro look at all and always thought it was an easy way out for the designer , you won't see Corvette ever go retro because its heritage is held to a higher level, like they should have done with the Camaro .
The only people impressed by the Camaro in the movie were kids....i didn't give a damn that the car was in a movie or not. Again just because you don't like it is your problem..The Mustang and Challenger have had great success with the retro look. And you don't think you can see the Corvette heritage even in current form? You can tell its a Vette from any angle . Unlike the current Camaro. So your whole retro is a fail argument isn't really justified. You should be more concerned about your 6th gen refresh. This debate is never ending.

Last edited by rontammy0; 06-21-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:19 PM   #138
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Nice try....the only people impressed by the Camaro in the movie were kids....i didn't give a damn that the car was in a movie or not. Again just because you don't like it is your problem..The Mustang and Challenger have had great success with the retro look. And you don't think you can see the Corvette heritage even in current form? You can tell its a Vette from any angle . Unlike the current Camaro. So your whole retro is a fail argument isn't really justified. You should be more concerned about your 6th gen refresh.
I don't see the Corvette having to back up in its evolution to rely on the looks of a 63 split window for the sake of sales. The 6th Gen fits in perfect right now in the evolution of the Camaro , go look at 53 Corvette then a 18 Corvette and pick out the similarities, and do the same with the 67 Camaro and 18 Camaro . The 6th Gen places the Camaro where it should be now ,looks have to move forward just like performance be it popular or not . I think its really weak thinking that a Camaro can only be popular if it looks like 45 to 50 year old design. I would much rather drive the best performance ,futuristic looking Camaros ever built in the 6th Gen models, even if its less popular .
Old 06-21-2018, 10:28 PM   #139
67 to 91 to 13

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I don't see the Corvette having to back up in its evolution to rely on the looks of a 63 split window for the sake of sales. The 6th Gen fits in perfect right now in the evolution of the Camaro , go look at 53 Corvette then a 18 Corvette and pick out the similarities, and do the same with the 67 Camaro and 18 Camaro . The 6th Gen places the Camaro where it should be now ,looks have to move forward just like performance be it popular or not . I think its really weak thinking that a Camaro can only be popular if it looks like 45 to 50 year old design. I would much rather drive the best performance ,futuristic looking Camaros ever built in the 6th Gen models, even if its less popular .
Interesting. I have owned corvettes and have a book which has a interview with the c6 designer and he says he specifically used the 63 Vette as a inspiration for designing the c6 and he states you can see the older vetted lines in a c6?
Old 06-21-2018, 10:38 PM   #140
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
Since it appears both of you run at tracks... Is a roll-bar required at a track to run a 5th generation SS convertible?
I've been wanting to try it, but won't make that modification & expense.
Most events I've been to seem to want roll cages in convertibles. This may not be the case everywhere, all associations will have their rulebook available to you.