The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Z06 Discussions

Old 01-08-2015, 06:39 PM   #1
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Chevy to resume engine-building program for 2015 Corvette Z06

Press Release

Exclusive Corvette Engine Build Experience Returns
Program renewed for supercharged LT4 engine at new Bowling Green build center

2015-01-07

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. – Chevrolet announced today it is resuming the exclusive Engine Build Experience for Corvette Z06 customers – the only program of its kind for supercar customers.

Starting in March 2015, Corvette Z06 customers will be able to assemble the 650-hp supercharged LT4 engine for their cars at the new Performance Build Center inside the Bowling Green Assembly Plant.

"Chevrolet recognizes the passion customers have for Corvette and the Engine Build Experience offers them a truly unique opportunity for hands-on involvement in the creation of the heart of their new car," said Harlan Charles, Corvette product manager. "It's a chance to bond with their new car."

The Engine Build Experience is selected with order code PBC and is offered on all Z06 trim levels. The $5,000 package includes a full day with a Performance Build Center engine assembly technician who instructs and oversees the build, a personalized engine plaque identifying the owner/builder and the date of the engine build, and professional photography of the experience.

After the order is submitted, personnel from the National Corvette Museum will handle concierge services for the customer, following up on the scheduled build date and handling logistics on the day of the build. The customer is responsible for travel costs to Bowling Green and lodging.

Upon completion, the engine moves to the vehicle assembly area of the plant, where it will be installed with the scheduled assembly of the customer's Z06.

"It's important for customers to understand their engine won't be installed the day after they built it," said Charles. "It will flow into the scheduling process for vehicle assembly, which depends on a number of logistical variables."

Customers can catch their Corvette being assembled through a special tour organized by the National Corvette Museum. They can also opt for Museum Delivery (order code R8C), which personalizes the buying experience with delivery at the National Corvette Museum, located across the road from the Bowling Green Assembly Plant.

The assembly line tour and Museum Delivery are available for Corvette Stingray and Z06 customers.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:38 PM   #2
JDC PDX

Drives: '15 Z06
My engine went through the initial testing of this program. A GM executive actually built my engine (Dan Nicholson - VP of Global Powertrain). I found this out during the purchase process. The dealership got a call from GM to find out where it was going. They were very proud of the program.

Kind of cool!
JDC PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:42 PM   #3
JDC PDX

Drives: '15 Z06
A PR rep at GM called me last week to set up a conference call with Dan Nicholson. We talked for about 20 minutes. He seems like a really interesting person and a genuine "car guy". It was really cool to speak to the guy that built my engine. He is very proud of the Z06, and was thrilled to hear that I sold a 911 to buy the Z06.

The PR rep also said he would have a journalist contact me about a brief article on the car.
JDC PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:26 AM   #4
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDC PDX View Post
A PR rep at GM called me last week to set up a conference call with Dan Nicholson. We talked for about 20 minutes. He seems like a really interesting person and a genuine "car guy". It was really cool to speak to the guy that built my engine. He is very proud of the Z06, and was thrilled to hear that I sold a 911 to buy the Z06.

The PR rep also said he would have a journalist contact me about a brief article on the car.
That's cool.