Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-29-2019, 05:38 AM   #15
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
You guys are making this harder than what it is. The Z/28 did not have it either. Stick the remote wherever and move on.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:10 AM   #16
19ZL1/1LE

Drives: 19 Camaro ZL1/1LE. 69 Camaro SS/RS
I just have mine clipped to the visor. I havent tried it, but there are also apps for your phone that open garage doors.
19ZL1/1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:30 AM   #17
GA1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
You guys are making this harder than what it is. The Z/28 did not have it either. Stick the remote wherever and move on.
Do you have a hula girl stuck to your dash next to your garage door opener?
GA1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:47 AM   #18
Stingray_2014

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
I miss HD radio more. My 2014 C7 had it as did my 2018 Lexus RC 350. It's one of those things I took for granted and it sucks I don't have it. I guess I will pay for satellite radio this time around.

Really - how much could it have saved GM to have HD radio removed? I would have paid the $10 or whatever to have it. Oh well.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:51 AM   #19
JD2018_ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
The problem is they moved Constar from the mirror to the overhead console so it took the spot the HomeLink did. IF you have a car that does not have the rear camera in the mirror you could add home link with the purchase of an 8 overhead console. There could be the possibility of needing to add power for it.

They also make after market home link kits. I have installed those before. Otherwise what I did was buy a wifi garage opener and I use my phone if I am in a car that doesn't have it or you can also set up a Siri shortcut to open the garage also. I like the WIFI opener because I am forgetful if I closed my garage sometimes and can easily check if I did. Its able to be added to any opener and its about $50 on amazon and ebay. Made by Chamberlin

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Garage-...gateway&sr=8-4
JD2018_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:52 AM   #20
JD2018_ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray_2014 View Post
I miss HD radio more. My 2014 C7 had it as did my 2018 Lexus RC 350. It's one of those things I took for granted and it sucks I don't have it. I guess I will pay for satellite radio this time around.

Really - how much could it have saved GM to have HD radio removed? I would have paid the $10 or whatever to have it. Oh well.
Your 19 doesn't have HD? I thought they added it back with the new infotainment system.
JD2018_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:25 AM   #21
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
I installed a wifi controller that is linked to Google Home. I set up GPS activation and when I'm a 100 meters from home the garage door opens automatically. When I leave, it closes automatically. It's very cool.
Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:45 AM   #22
Stingray_2014

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2018_ZL1 View Post
Your 19 doesn't have HD? I thought they added it back with the new infotainment system.
It doesn't have it as far as I can tell. I scrolled through all of the audio options I could as well and there is no option for HD. It doesn't pick up the stations when tuning manually either. Not the end of the world but I really do enjoy HD radio and it's hard going back to analog for me.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #23
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
That’s Chevy spouting BS to cover some moron in Marketing’s decision to take it out.

The Corvette has it in the driver’s sun visor and has the rear view display mirror ... no power issues.

The current Corvette does not have rear camera mirror. The 2020 C8 will have it but it also has a completely new electrical architecture.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:47 AM   #24
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
The current Corvette does not have rear camera mirror. The 2020 C8 will have it but it also has a completely new electrical architecture.
C5 & C6 have it.

The C8's (and Caddy's) new Global B data bus architecture has nothing to do with power delivery (volts and amps) to the car's independent accessory components. It's for data/encryption/security/etc. with the ECU, TCU and other primary modules.

The power draw for Homelink is trivial. It was a packaging choice for the overhead console that could have been easily solved with the vette visor version that existed for a ~decade.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:35 AM   #25
Firecaptain

Drives: '22 Summit White ZL1 A10
GOT to be a controller and a phone app for that these days.....
Firecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:38 AM   #26
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
C5 & C6 have it.

The C8's (and Caddy's) new Global B data bus architecture has nothing to do with power delivery (volts and amps) to the car's independent accessory components. It's for data/encryption/security/etc. with the ECU, TCU and other primary modules.

The power draw for Homelink is trivial. It was a packaging choice for the overhead console that could have been easily solved with the vette visor version that existed for a ~decade.
C5 and C6 did not have a rear camera mirror. You're thinking of the mirror that had the small display that would show the backup camera image while in reverse. That is not the same technology as the current rear camera mirror.

The rear camera mirror will show a continuous image from behind the car.
It is not the same angle as the backup camera. You can not see the bumper with rear camera mirror. The backup camera and camera for the rearview mirror are separate from one another in current vehicles.

This is a rear camera mirror and first appeared on the current generation Traverse that came out in 2018.

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:48 AM   #27
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
C5 and C6 did not have a rear camera mirror. You're thinking of the mirror that had the small display that would show the backup camera image while in reverse. That is not the same technology as the current rear camera mirror.

The rear camera mirror will show a continuous image from behind the car.
It is not the same angle as the backup camera. You can not see the bumper with rear camera mirror. The backup camera and camera for the rearview mirror are separate from one another in current vehicles.

This is a rear camera mirror and first appeared on the current generation Traverse that came out in 2018.

Somehow we got off track. I was talking about homelink.

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:39 PM   #28
Crushed

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray_2014 View Post
It doesn't have it as far as I can tell. I scrolled through all of the audio options I could as well and there is no option for HD. It doesn't pick up the stations when tuning manually either. Not the end of the world but I really do enjoy HD radio and it's hard going back to analog for me.

I think you need the upgraded Nav package to get HD radio. Which you can upgrade to for, I think, about $600.
Crushed is offline   Reply With Quote