The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
cpsheba

Drives: 2LT Velocity Yellow Z51
Smile Removable Top / Pillar Gap

I was hoping if someone could check their car and see if they have this same type of gap difference side to side. There is a substantial difference between the removable top and the A-Pillar on my C-7. Thanks for any help/info! When I cropped the images, one is a little more zoomed in. The top is not crooked in the back, so I am assuming it has somehting to do with the pillar installation.
Attached Images

Last edited by cpsheba; 08-07-2014 at 12:35 PM. Reason: More info.
cpsheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
goldbug

Drives: 2014 Stingray
Kinda hard to tell what's going on due the darkness of the images...is the top locked in place?
goldbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
cpsheba

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldbug View Post
Kinda hard to tell what's going on due the darkness of the images...is the top locked in place?
Yes, it is kind of dark.

But, yes the top is completely locked down. On the passenger side the gap is around 3/4 inch and on the driver side it is approximately 1/4 inch. It's like one of the pillars was misaligned when installed.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
goldbug

Drives: 2014 Stingray
3/4" gap!? IIRC my roof is snug against the windscreen/A-pillars when locked; will have to check in a couple hours when I leave work. I'm curious as to what sort of material is filling that gap...
goldbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #5
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Mine are OK.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #6
cpsheba

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldbug View Post
3/4" gap!? IIRC my roof is snug against the windscreen/A-pillars when locked; will have to check in a couple hours when I leave work. I'm curious as to what sort of material is filling that gap...
OK, I just now went out and actually measured the difference. I was a bit off on the actual gap. Passenger side 5/8" and the driver side is 3/16". Just eyeballing it, it looks like a larger gap maybe because of the angle. But, it is still noticeably, different.

Thanks again.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #7
Kinney

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2L
I noticed a slight difference in gap from the beginning. Maybe off by an 1/8. Hardly noticeable. The gap is slight bigger with the carbon fiber top versus the glass top. I have also found that I have to be careful putting the top on as the rubber insulation can sometimes get bent or folded over at the corners around where the peg is inserted. If you have a 1/2 inch gap, I would take it back to the dealer.
Kinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #8
cpsheba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinney View Post
I noticed a slight difference in gap from the beginning. Maybe off by an 1/8. Hardly noticeable. The gap is slight bigger with the carbon fiber top versus the glass top. I have also found that I have to be careful putting the top on as the rubber insulation can sometimes get bent or folded over at the corners around where the peg is inserted. If you have a 1/2 inch gap, I would take it back to the dealer.
Yes, I figured I would ask them about it when I take it in for service. But, at this rate it will never need an oil change before I get a new one. I've had it for 2 months and it only has 475 miles on it, and 200 of that was put on it bringing it back from the dealership. LOL, yes, I know the oil needs changing anyway...
Old 08-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #9
NC C7

Drives: 2014 CRT C7
On my car if you are talking about the entire gap on one side of the car then it is equally spaced. However if you compare one side of the car to the other then the drivers side has a 1/4" gap where the passenger side has a 3/8" gap. Your's does sound excessive, hope you get the problem worked out.
NC C7 is offline   Reply With Quote