Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-21-2024, 10:33 AM   #1
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
2017 V6, Auto Rearend Pumpkin Change

I have a V6 and have highway noise had the dealer check it out and they said i would need a new diffrential, put it on and lift and checked it at hwy speed and listen with a scope, Quoted me 3800 to change it. So my question is for a V6 Auto do i have the dif cooler that cools the diff with the trans fluid. (no i have not looked) to see if the lines are there. So if it does not can i change it to the LSD that the V6 Manual has with no issues. The diff from gmparts direct is 1599 and the LSD is like 2200. I can get a used on for 500.00

Also has anyone replaced there pumpkin, From what i have seen there are 12 axle bolts, 3 drive shaft bolts and 3 carrier bolts. Am I missing anything....

I can do it on a lift with no problems. Are there any "special tools"..

Please advise
Old 01-21-2024, 10:56 AM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584316

No oil cooler, you’ll need a tune but it works
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 02:49 PM   #3
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
The auto and the manual have different gearing. I have seen other post where you cannot change the gear set so it's impractical.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 05:40 PM   #4
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
It can work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
The auto and the manual have different gearing. I have seen other post where you cannot change the gear set so it's impractical.
So with watching the video that was posted along with additional research I can be done, if i do it will need a tune so the automatic shift points would work. The issue i finding a used V6 manual LSD., SS carrier flanges are about 150 for the pair, the the drive shaft flange is 75, carrier flange bolts about 80 axels 160 new. then Ill need a tune, not sure how much that will run, Time to do it about 4hrs give to take then the tune after that.

If i keep the stock non LSD then finding the carrier, axle e torque bolts become an issue from what have looked so far they are not being made any longer and they are susposed to be a one use bolt.

I'm still thinking, I have other cars to drive so I'll give it some thought....