The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-20-2015, 01:57 PM   #29
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Think I'll have to up mine tonight. There have been a few races where I'll run 5-6 seconds a lap faster than the computer at the current setting.
Yeah, you want it to be a little challenging. It's more fun that way.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:21 PM   #30
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Yeah, you want it to be a little challenging. It's more fun that way.
The endurance race was really good having to chase down first place. Glad they brought the endurance races back
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:23 PM   #31
Firefighter

Quote:
The endurance race was really good having to chase down first place. Glad they brought the endurance races back
I did that one no too long ago and messed up my pit timing and never regained my position. I think I finished 4th. I haven't had the drive to sit and do the race again yet. It was fun though.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:34 PM   #32
xc_SS/RS

Quote:
I did that one no too long ago and messed up my pit timing and never regained my position. I think I finished 4th. I haven't had the drive to sit and do the race again yet. It was fun though.
Oh I tried it and completely forgot to look at the gas gauge and ran out halfway through lap 14. Couldn't get back to the pits so I had to restart lol
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
Old 10-20-2015, 02:37 PM   #33
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
Yeah jump up to a higher level. I'm still running 3-4 seconds faster at the second highest level. At lower levels it's significantly easy to pass everybody on the first half lap of the race and be in first the whole time, while being at the higher skill level it takes a lot longer to get around everyone, sometimes 3+ laps.
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #34
xc_SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains.com View Post
Yeah jump up to a higher level. I'm still running 3-4 seconds faster at the second highest level. At lower levels it's significantly easy to pass everybody on the first half lap of the race and be in first the whole time, while being at the higher skill level it takes a lot longer to get around everyone, sometimes 3+ laps.
Yeah I have been using the one mod to start further back which made it interesting but after upping the difficulty and adding faster cars I can't always make it to the front fast enough. Especially on the city tracks. Hate those tracks.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:36 PM   #35
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
Quote:
Yeah I have been using the one mod to start further back which made it interesting but after upping the difficulty and adding faster cars I can't always make it to the front fast enough. Especially on the city tracks. Hate those tracks.
Tuning really is key
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:49 PM   #36
xc_SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains.com View Post
Tuning really is key
Lol so far I haven't even modified any of the faster cars. All I've had to do is just lower tire pressures which is insanely helpful. Once I start upgrading cars I'll have to relearn all of the tuning stuff again. Good thing I have a bigger tv now!
Old 10-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #37
Firefighter

Quote:
Lol so far I haven't even modified any of the faster cars. All I've had to do is just lower tire pressures which is insanely helpful. Once I start upgrading cars I'll have to relearn all of the tuning stuff again. Good thing I have a bigger tv now!
If you are finishing top 3 without modding the cars to the upper limit of the class you really need to turn up the difficulty.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:36 PM   #38
xc_SS/RS

Quote:
If you are finishing top 3 without modding the cars to the upper limit of the class you really need to turn up the difficulty.
Yeah I'm now on expert and still finishing in first but it's much more difficult now. If I don't get out of the main traffic jam by the first lap I won't get first. It's much more challenging now.

Also this is still the career mode. Not free races yet. So the cars I pick are usually in the top of the allowed class.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:58 PM   #39
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Just wondering , are you guys using a Steering wheel or the controller . Loving the game so far . Picked it up after Christmas .
Old 01-19-2016, 11:14 AM   #40
xc_SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Just wondering , are you guys using a Steering wheel or the controller . Loving the game so far . Picked it up after Christmas .
Controller for me but I wouldn't mind a race wheel with a seat
Old 08-08-2016, 12:10 PM   #41
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Just picked this game up last night. Love it. Payed Forza 4 forever off and on. Really need a racing wheel. Xbox live name is Thor142