Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-04-2021, 02:20 PM   #1
SS.Sanchez

Drives: 2018 Redline Camaro SS
Post AFM CEL Keeps coming on even though I plugged in actuators

I recently installed the Corsa Catback system in my A8 and I read that if I just plugged the AFM valves back in and zip tied them up that I wouldn't get a CEL but the cars still throwing it. Any tips on what I could be doing wrong? If I use the paddles and put it into sport/track mode to prevent it from going into V4 mode then the CEL disappears.
SS.Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 02:35 PM   #2
Justin_Swift6

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS
I ziptied them after installing MBRP catback and got a CEL as well, have to tune out the actuator in BCM if my memory is correct lol. Cost one credit.
And with a catback system (at least MBRP), the sound of v4 mode is just AWFUL, I drive in manual mode all the time now to prevent it from going into that mode and waiting for my warranty to expire in a few months to tune the whole AFM out...
Justin_Swift6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:06 PM   #3
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
You need to buy the AWE simulators, bolt the motor to that and hang them under the car and no more CEL. Have done what you guys are doing , hanging the plugged in motors under the car and got the CEL.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:25 AM   #4
SS.Sanchez

Drives: 2018 Redline Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
You need to buy the AWE simulators, bolt the motor to that and hang them under the car and no more CEL. Have done what you guys are doing , hanging the plugged in motors under the car and got the CEL.
So you bought the AWE simulators and put them on the actuators and it fixed the CEL?
SS.Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:56 AM   #5
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS.Sanchez View Post
So you bought the AWE simulators and put them on the actuators and it fixed the CEL?
Yes, and I have 2 months of driving and 1500 miles of testing. Be carefull how you tie wrap the actuators/ simulator . You do not want the tie wrap to come close to the actuator movement.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cel, exaust