The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-10-2019, 09:32 AM   #43
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i don't think Chevrolet is sponsoring Hawaii Five 0 anymore. Didn't even get a 6thgen on there. They had two Lincoln's prominently in the show last week.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #44
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
oh, I only watch what's on Netflix. lol
Old 01-10-2019, 12:18 PM   #45
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
I remember reading an article recently quoting GM Mexico top brass that they were worried about layoffs because of the Cruze (hatchback) being cancelled.

They were relieved when they looked at the numbers and realized that no layoffs were necessary because production of the Blazer was starting up soon.

Thank God GM saved those Mexican jobs.
yep

Quote:

GM Becomes Mexico’s Biggest Automaker

Dec 27, 2018

General Motors will conclude 2018 as the largest producer and exporter of automobiles in Mexico, the first time in recent history that the automaker has risen to the position.

The turn of events is the result of GM’s efforts to refocus its Mexican manufacturing facilities to produce crossovers, SUVs and pickup trucks, driven by strong demand for these vehicles in the North American region as opposed to slower-selling sedans.

GM began to pivot its Mexico-based production operations around mid-2017 in response to changing demands of North American customers.
Last year, the company ended production of the Chevrolet Aveo (the Daewoo Kalos-based model) – its best-selling vehicle in that country – as well as the Chevrolet Sonic, to allocate the available capacity in two plants – San Luis Potosí and Ramos Arizpe – to the all-new, third-generation Chevrolet Equinox, second-generation GMC Terrain and first-gen Chevrolet Trax.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/12/...est-automaker/

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #46
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
so many on this forum agree with that. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually saw an ad for a camaro. of if they are advertising them, they are not on any tv shows I watch... like Drama, movies, sports or comedies. I don't watch Lifetime or Oprah channel, so they could be doing something there.
I was surprised to see one of the protagonists on an episode of "Ray Donovan" recently was driving a 6th gen. Camaro...What sucks is that this protagonist commited suicide in this Camaro.

We get to see the result of the gun shot to the head. Blood all over inside of the car.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote