The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Old 12-31-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
Silentlegion

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Manual (Karnage)
Camaro parts for new buyers, will they be available?

Hi GM,

I don't know were to ask this but this seems like a good area to ask and don't know if this is a question that could be answered but here is my question anyways:

On the Chevy website were you can customize the Camaro it shows some parts that look like they can be added on to the car but when you order it with you dealer they are ether unavailable or not in production yet (like the 2nd gen ground effects package). You have shown many vehicles at live events with the ground effect package on but when i tried to order through my dealer he told me it was not available and their is no ETA on when it will be available. When I look on gmfleet.com the part says not available at the beginning of production and yet we are now close to 6 months in. Will this part be available in the near future as well as the ones not available yet?

I know the ground effects package isn't the only one but its one that i really wish to get for my new 2019 Camaro and just curious of what is going on. I tried to do my research on this, even calling Chevy production services and i could not find a direct answer. One person said ya its available now while the next said i don't know and had no ETA.

Could we get some light on this?

Im trying to be open with this question and not ask when but more of an if it will be available because i know gm needs to keep somethings tight under wraps.

Thanks,

Silentlegion
Silentlegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:13 PM   #2
Silentlegion

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Manual (Karnage)
Hey everyone, I just wanted to end this thread/ give everyone an update if they are in the same boat as I am/ was.

So it nearly took 2 days for the parts purchasing guy at my dealer to find the parts available but yes they are available but very deeply hidden. Because I am getting VTD the 2nd gen black metallic ground effects package it had to been found in the repurchase area (like the part was broken and wanting to fix it) then traced back up to buying it as new.

But if you don't want to get confused and don't to read from above: The part is available now and will be getting put on my new vehicle.

Thank you GM Gods!
Silentlegion is offline   Reply With Quote