The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2018 Camaro Fest (VIII)

Old 08-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #113
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSSkier874 View Post
My 2 videos advanced sessions 2 and 3. My data file ended up being corrupt so sorry for no overlay. Fastest lap was a 2:44, not bad for a 140hp shopping cart.

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:44 AM   #114
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
My 2 videos advanced sessions 2 and 3. My data file ended up being corrupt so sorry for no overlay. Fastest lap was a 2:44, not bad for a 140hp shopping cart.
Very cool videos and some awesome times.

I had an opportunity to do a ride along with instructor Luis at the end of the day when there were not may cars on the track. He drove the yellow SS and his time in essentially the same car as mine and was 2:25 vs. 2:58 for me. WOW! It put everything into perspective for me. He was drifting around the turns and accelerating way further into the turn and then jamming on the brakes. He had to slow down on the last lap because the brakes were gone. I would never let him drive my car.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:11 AM   #115
xSSkier874

Drives: 17 Silverado, 99 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
Very cool videos and some awesome times.

I had an opportunity to do a ride along with instructor Luis at the end of the day when there were not may cars on the track. He drove the yellow SS and his time in essentially the same car as mine and was 2:25 vs. 2:58 for me. WOW! It put everything into perspective for me. He was drifting around the turns and accelerating way further into the turn and then jamming on the brakes. He had to slow down on the last lap because the brakes were gone. I would never let him drive my car.

Bill
Little things add up especially over a track that is this long. It all about getting comfortable and how far you're willing to push the car. I could prob get in the high 2:3x if I really pushed but it's not a competition. That's the big reason I went to tracking a miata. It's very easy to drive at the limit and if I do hit a wall etc I only paid a few thousand for the car. I was tracking a 2011 Z06/Z07, screwung up in a car like that would put me back a long time. Not to mention the carbon ceramic brakes cost more than I have into the miata.
xSSkier874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 10:47 AM   #116
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Little things add up especially over a track that is this long. It all about getting comfortable and how far you're willing to push the car. I could prob get in the high 2:3x if I really pushed but it's not a competition. That's the big reason I went to tracking a miata. It's very easy to drive at the limit and if I do hit a wall etc I only paid a few thousand for the car. I was tracking a 2011 Z06/Z07, screwung up in a car like that would put me back a long time. Not to mention the carbon ceramic brakes cost more than I have into the miata.
Haha! That was the reason I had no interest in the 5Gen Z28. Messing up my car was definitely on my mind. I actually had more fun on the ride along because the stress of making a big mistake was not there, especially after knowing how limited my driving was.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote