Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-01-2020, 01:09 PM   #57
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
Yeah I’ve been wondering if you have a na m6 and a stock im to just go for more of a truck cam to get it all in mid range and have it run out of steam before 6500 to match the im. Peak numbers low but area under the curve would look good and get you out of the hole harder.
you need to tighten the LSA up. I like the truck manifold idea, for sure you going to have to trim the back cowl. The LT2 or similar would be nice, don't know about hood clearance on that one... Somebody may need to design a big barrel like the old LSX intake..

That said this was a great article:
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/gian...dyno-shootout/

I'm going to be realistic, if you want torque and save some cash, I'd just go with the Pray ported IM and TB and a 112 LSA cam...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 03:41 PM   #58
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I thought the hotcam is 116, LOL, yeh makes more sense at 112, that is a lot more overlap so the idle is going bye bye fast. I will say that the 112 will have a much better midrange torque with 112 LSA.

I went with a Cam Motion because I could get more lift (.596), they are know for gentle ramps, I could get their 33% fuel lobe. I also like the fact that they have different recommended grinds for centri vs roots. I have a centri grind which sits between NA and a roots in terms of overlap and exhaust duration.
See I too thought it was a 116 but I think it has been revised. The part number you listed back in 2016 no longer exists.

https://sdparts.com/i-24080674-chevr...1-hot-cam.html
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote