Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-21-2017, 03:32 PM   #29
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergarr View Post
I'm not sure why you think he's "knocking" his car. He is stating a fact that a 2010 SS goes for around 18k-19k. Low miles or not people don't want to overpay. The current bid on that car is 26k and has not meet the reserve price. What does that tell you?
Your right but this '10 SS is far from the run of the mill 5th Gen. He's suggesting
the OP is asking too much for this car. I disagree. Most of these cars have way
more miles than his and a big percentage have been abused. Finding an early
5th gen SS like this one is not easy. Someone will be getting a great Camaro
and not OVERPAYING imo.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #30
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Your right but this '10 SS is far from the run of the mill 5th Gen. He's suggesting
and not OVERPAYING imo.
Yeah, but he painted his stripes on. The reserve is not being met which tells you something. No matter how much we think our cars are worth, the market will always determine that for us, whether we like it or not.

Sure, there's a sucker born every minute. However, if I was looking for a car exactly like the OP's, I'd be concerned about the painted on stripes. Painted on stripes compromises the original paint underneath. At the price point the OP probably wants for it, I would prefer stripes that were the original factory vinyl stripes due to the originality and low miles the car seems to have.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:20 PM   #31
cblades

Drives: 2010 SS
Value

I bought my loaded 2010 SS LS3 for 22,000 out the door. It had 22,000 miles. Every SS I found that was under 20,0000 bucks had a lot more miles and was beat up with chips. Mine is a one owner car driven only as a weekend car. Paint is perfect and stripes are factory. Paint is seriously like new with 2 chips on it. Of course, that’s the price for my area. Had my car for a little over a month.
cblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:22 PM   #32
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I actually prefer white stripes with the IOM.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:26 PM   #33
cblades

Stripes

I didn’t think I would every buy a car with stripes but I saw this car in person and it looked amazing. I just love camaros.
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #34
Camaro EMT
10,060 Miles as of 06/21

Drives: ‘10 2SS/RS, ‘17 Colo ZR2, ‘98 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Det57 View Post
Hi Gang

Well, I hate to say it, but the time has come to sell my 2010. I have just listed it on EBAY under 202082592346.

It is a 2SS/RS 6 Speed Inferno Orange, with only 4,970 miles. Has been kept in the garage since new and always covered. NEVER seen rain.....
Its only been wet 6 times when I washed it. Black Stripes were painted on and clear coated. They were also extended down onto the header in the front, and extended over the rear spoiler in the rear as well as blacking out between the tail lights.Please take a minute to check out this beauty. Its time for me to "Thin the Herd" I have too many cars and had to make this tough decision to sell. Thanks for looking.

Glen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
GLWS, that's some impressively low mileage!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
I've got lower. lol!
I thought mine had low miles! I've got 9,675 miles on my 2010 SS. I've run mine into the ground by comparison. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblades View Post
I didn’t think I would every buy a car with stripes but I saw this car in person and it looked amazing. I just love camaros.
Beautiful car. Mine is identical to yours, plus a moonroof and minus the front license plate.
"All bleeding stops eventually." Camaro EMT

Patient: “This is my first time in an ambulance.”
Me: “Mine too.” LOL

Camaro EMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:38 PM   #35
cblades

I spoke with the original owners of my car before I bought it. They told me the car sat in their garage and they drove it like 3000 miles a year mostly to weekend dinner dates and on a few day trips here and there. The front license plate sucks; thanks Illinois
Old 10-21-2017, 08:47 PM   #36
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblades View Post
I spoke with the original owners of my car before I bought it. They told me the car sat in their garage and they drove it like 3000 miles a year mostly to weekend dinner dates and on a few day trips here and there. The front license plate sucks; thanks Illinois
PA doesn't require a front plate so I have a cool 3D Camaro plate I found on eBay. I wish all states had a front plate though, but that's a work preference.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:08 PM   #37
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Kinda like marrying a supermodel and not banging her because you're saving her for the next guy.
Good comparison....
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #38
TooManyProjects

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
and not OVERPAYING imo.
Umm

Actually it IS a run of the mill 5th gen. It's literally a bolt on 5th gen with painted stripes. His reserve isn't met.

I bought my car recently.. with quite a bit more work done to it. For 19k, and it's 2 years newer with less than 60k miles

Mileage isn't squat. It's not a collector car, it's not a lamborghini its a 7 year run of the mil every day Camaro. I'm not sure why people think low mileage on a late model every day less than $20k car means ANYTHING
TooManyProjects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:07 PM   #39
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Shakin my head ?? A guy shares his eBay post and Everyone craps all over it.
It looks Killer And FYI a 4,000 + mile car is more in demand than one with 60,000 (LMFAO)
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:48 PM   #40
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
The price was approaching what you could get one new 7 years ago. Way way over book price, and thousands of potential bidders didn't think it was valued that high either.
Most forums have a rule that for sale items have a price listed, we still don't know the price, except it was too much.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:02 PM   #41
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Camaros will one day be a hot collecter item for guys wanting an old school muscle car. Its body lines alone with the v8 will be a fav down the road. Will this make them worth any more money...likely not. Just like I think the 2011 to 2014 Mustang will be the go to car for guys down the road looking for a classic looking Mustang. I think in another 15 years or so a clean original Camaro SS will still be worth 15 give or take. Of course this is just my outlook.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:05 AM   #42
deddmoneydave

Drives: 5th gen
Is there any doubt the person who bid 26k was the seller? lol
deddmoneydave is offline   Reply With Quote