The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-07-2017, 07:16 PM   #267
Camaro EMT
10,060 Miles as of 06/21

Drives: ‘10 2SS/RS, ‘17 Colo ZR2, ‘98 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
...my new 2500HD. It's a 2017 2500HD, ...
Congrats on the new truck. Let's see some pics of it!
"All bleeding stops eventually." Camaro EMT

Patient: “This is my first time in an ambulance.”
Me: “Mine too.” LOL

Camaro EMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:33 PM   #268
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Interesting...have you figured out if the batteries can be changed or something? Or does GM figure you'll just buy a new one or live without it when that time comes?
Batteries are not changeable that I have discovered. The pad sticks to the surface with 3m tape which kind of sucks because it can cause paint damage if removed. I expect the battery to last a couple years with average use. I paid about $120 for the pad and programmed it myself so I am not too worried about it, but an average customer can expect to pay about $220 installed. You cannot get it installed by anyone other than a dealer as it requires specific programming to the BCM to prevent "scanning devices" from copying it. It's not as seemless as the Ford pad but it is at least an option. In my case if I use it as much as I expect to I can see buying another pad in a few years, maybe they will have a replacement battery version by then.

It's nothing special, just an LT. But it's got enough options to meet a decently equiped LTZ but $5k less. Just a gasser because I'm the poor schmuck that has to work on it if it breaks and I loathe working on diesels more than a kick in the testes. Should pull my 30ft camper and RZR just fine. Basically just a copy of the 15 half ton I traded in but bigger.

JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:27 PM   #269
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
The ZR2 pretty much comes loaded. Until you drive one off road, it's hard to put money on their worth. If it had the 5.3 it would best the raptor in about every category. And every day driving, I think the ZR2 is better.
It should have the 5.3. It would really be fun then. I haven't driven the zr2 yet, but it would have to be quite the truck to beat the raptor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro EMT View Post
It turns out the truck has been in transit, not bayed! It arrived at the dealer last night or very early this morning. I will be picking it up on Monday. Here's a pic of the rock slider installation.
That looks really good!
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:15 PM   #270
Camaro EMT
10,060 Miles as of 06/21

Drives: ‘10 2SS/RS, ‘17 Colo ZR2, ‘98 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
It should have the 5.3. It would really be fun then. I haven't driven the zr2 yet, but it would have to be quite the truck to beat the raptor.

That looks really good!
Thanks Scrappy!
"All bleeding stops eventually." Camaro EMT

Patient: “This is my first time in an ambulance.”
Me: “Mine too.” LOL

Camaro EMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:56 AM   #271
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post

That looks really good!
The ZR2 isn't a direct competitor to the Raptor. It is marketed as an alternative to the Raptor. Mid-size vs. Full-size, NA V6 vs. Twin Turbo V6, ~$42k vs. ~$60k, etc., etc., etc.. Still, it is an impressive little package. A coworker ordered one a few weeks back. I can't wait until it arrives.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:40 AM   #272
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Thanks guys! I'm having a blast driving the truck.

@ Corner Carver, yes it's the standard red, "Red Hot." It is the closes thing they have to "Victory Red," that's on my Camaro SS. I just call all of them either ambulance or fire truck red.
Thanks for the reply...I'm going to change up the red rock metallic I have now when I decide to order (probably wait till june/july next year and order a 2019)... Just trying to pick a colour; I'd love the metallic black to match the camaro, but then I'd have 3 black vehicles
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:58 AM   #273
MXR

Drives: 13 ZL1 JDP 850
A dealer told my wife today is the last day to order / build a 2017 from the factory ?
MXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #274
MXR

Drives: 13 ZL1 JDP 850
Our truck is on order . I can't wait to drive this thing on and off-road . White V6 crew cab
MXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:17 PM   #275
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Congrats!
Old 06-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #276
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
I finally picked it up today, after waiting almost 11 weeks! This truck is a lot of fun to drive.
That is one nice looking truck!

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #277
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
It's exciting, and excruciatingly painful.

Btw, how is that SC option a dead end?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
Just my opinion, but Mallett posted back in Jan 2017 that the kits been available and sold to many customers. This was on a Colorado forum. Where are these customers? I can't find one internet post or YouTube video with someone besides them showing their kit.

Maybe I'm wrong... been wrong plenty of times before!
Fingers crossed that I might be wrong... looks like someone is getting a Mallett supercharger in the near future. (post #4)

http://coloradofans.com/forums/185-2...endations.html
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:51 PM   #278
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
Fingers crossed that I might be wrong... looks like someone is getting a Mallett supercharger in the near future. (post #4)

http://coloradofans.com/forums/185-2...endations.html
Gotta love the guy(s) that think you'll keep your entire existing warranty. I'm sorry, but no way, no how. Sure, GM or Mallett may include a supplemental warranty, but that factory warranty is toast.

So I read on one page that the expected HP gain is about 85HP, which is OK I guess....puts it near 400HP....but what's the TQ gain? I'd love to see a dyno...I'm sure the torque is very low and instant.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #279
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Gotta love the guy(s) that think you'll keep your entire existing warranty. I'm sorry, but no way, no how. Sure, GM or Mallett may include a supplemental warranty, but that factory warranty is toast.

So I read on one page that the expected HP gain is about 85HP, which is OK I guess....puts it near 400HP....but what's the TQ gain? I'd love to see a dyno...I'm sure the torque is very low and instant.
315-320-ish on the dyno vid they showed

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #280
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Well I will have to revisit my comment about not having power until I replace the turbo on this brand new ZR2 Duramax. It has 40 miles on it and it returned for the second CEL since I did the PDI. The first one was the 2nd position NOX sensor being bad. Replaced it and shipped it. It came back today with another CEL and underboost dtcs. During the visual inspection of the system I found the waste gate actuator lever is broken, it's F-N plastic! Not sure what the engineers were thinking. Plastic on a turbo is just a bad idea, let alone plastic as a lever that will be fighting exhaust pressures and extreme heat, don't see it lasting very long at all. I hope they change it in the very near future.

JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote