Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 01-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
March 2013 Texas Mile, Who's going???

The March running of the Texas Mile (http://www.texasmile.net/index.php) is open and spots are filling up fast...

They have 220 spots in total and over 150 of them are filled already.

If you want to run really fast and not worry about tickets here is the event...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Would love to run, gonna try my luck at 1/2 mile event and see how my car handles it.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Would love to run, gonna try my luck at 1/2 mile event and see how my car handles it.
Cool deal, there is a mile and a half event north of you... I am going to try and make the Loring Land Speed Run in the next year or two....

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 01-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #4
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Cool deal, there is a mile and a half event north of you... I am going to try and make the Loring Land Speed Run in the next year or two....
Which event? Only half mile ones I know of are the wannagofast ones in Chicago, Georgia, and Florida. All kind of far.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Which event? Only half mile ones I know of are the wannagofast ones in Chicago, Georgia, and Florida. All kind of far.
Here you go...It would be one heck of a long haul for me, but certainly worth it...

http://www.lta-lsr.com/Pages/default.aspx

Old 01-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
what tires do you run for the events? Drag radials are dangerous at that speed right?
Old 01-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #7
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
what tires do you run for the events? Drag radials are dangerous at that speed right?
I don't know about the mile, but there are people running radials over 200mph I the 1/4 mile
Old 01-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
ATX211
Custom User Title

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
The March running of the Texas Mile (http://www.texasmile.net/index.php) is open and spots are filling up fast...

They have 220 spots in total and over 150 of them are filled already.

If you want to run really fast and not worry about tickets here is the event...
Looks like it is full now. I may have to run down there for the Saturday run just as a spectator and check this out. You signed up and running?
ATX211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
I don't know about the mile, but there are people running radials over 200mph I the 1/4 mile
Yea very true. I've heard that it's the amount of time at such high speed. 30 seconds versus 7 I guess. Don't know just what I've heard regarding high speed blowouts
Old 01-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #10
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
My first time down there I ran the factory tires on factory wheels... I tried several different wheel/tire combos, but none worked so I just ran with the factory stuff.. I have a brand new set of forged wheels being made and shipped and will be shodding them with Goodyear Eagle F1 super car G:2's. 305's in the rear and 285's in the front... They are quite a bit wider and softer than the P-zeros... Should allow for better acceleration...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
no drag radials or drag slicks are allowed... A true road racing slick is permitted but there are few choices for this size car... Most of them are a max of 26 inches in diameter and that's like giving up a bunch of gearing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX211 View Post
Looks like it is full now. I may have to run down there for the Saturday run just as a spectator and check this out. You signed up and running?
It is full though there is a waiting list you can sign up for... I am signed up and now waiting on my rebuilt motor to arrive back at my builders shop...new pistons, lil bigger, 429 CI's, new cam, allowing us to spin it to 7500 or so, new heads... More boost and more spray... I'm hoping to be at 1500 + rwhp... Time will tell... The goal is 220 and anything over that is gravy...come on down and watch... The more the merrier....

If you want to help out, come down to New Braunfels when we are tuning it... The last time, we had one guy in the trunk, and three guys standing on the four straps and were still spinning the tires on the dyno... It's an eye opening experience...

Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
ATX211
Custom User Title

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
It is full though there is a waiting list you can sign up for... I am signed up and now waiting on my rebuilt motor to arrive back at my builders shop...new pistons, lil bigger, 429 CI's, new cam, allowing us to spin it to 7500 or so, new heads... More boost and more spray... I'm hoping to be at 1500 + rwhp... Time will tell... The goal is 220 and anything over that is gravy...come on down and watch... The more the merrier....

If you want to help out, come down to New Braunfels when we are tuning it... The last time, we had one guy in the trunk, and three guys standing on the four straps and were still spinning the tires on the dyno... It's an eye opening experience...
That's Awesome. Didn't even notice you were in Kyle. What shop are you using in NB? I've been searching around Austin, and just from lack of local experience I have not found much. Probably a few years before I go into the motor (Warranty on a Daily Driver) but it is always nice to know of a good shop.

Let me know when on the tune...That sounds like an absolute blast. Definitely going to try to make it down for the Mile.
ATX211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #12
dcoates18481

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RALLY YELLOW SS/RS/M6
I'm signed up and ready to go.

Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam Kit, Melling oil pump, C5R Timing Chain, Dyno Tuned by Shawn@Lethal Racing, Vararam Tuned intake, Vararam Power Wedge, LSR Tri Ax Short throw Shifter, VMAX Ported T/B, TSP 2" L/T Headers, TSP Cat delete, Borla axle back exhaust, Innovate A/F monitor, 471.7 HP/438.8 TQ
dcoates18481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #13
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoates18481 View Post
I'm signed up and ready to go.
I'm signed up, no where near ready to go... but we'll make it... if my pistons show up at the engine shop in Indiana...

Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #14
Colby627

Drives: 2010 2SS LSA-S/C 6.6 L
I'm in! Cant wait!!!
Colby627 is offline   Reply With Quote