The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: ZL1 or GT500, Which one would you get?
ZL1 5 35.71%
GT500 9 64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #169
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
Just a question. Why do we have Mustang threads on this site at all?
Its a CAMARO site, not a Mustang site. I totally understand the flaming and rightly so.
If this were PERFORMANCE CARS OF ALLMAKES.com then fine, but most of the Mustang threads are put on here just to start fights by Ford guys.
I don't see why you would expect anything else truthfully. Its got nothing to do with being an adult.
I'll take a stab at this one. It's because the forum has A "General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion" sub forum and a "Camaro VS" sub forum.

If you don't want to discuss other cars than it's simple, do away with those two sub forums. I believe they don't do this because it would in the end really take away from the forum overall . People would get tired of only seeing threads about what wheels to get, or what's the best exhaust and so on.

I would say if you don't like a certain thread, then don't enter it. Seems pretty simple to me. There are a lot of threads that don't interest me so I don't enter.

If you don't learn about your competition, you will fall behind them.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #170
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
When you consider this is a "private" website, the "net worth" of such sites is predicated by its total activity. As long as those activities are up to the measure of content and civility the owner(s) deem "proper", in the immortal words of Mike Helton of NASCAR, "Have at 'er, boyz!"

If you cross the line, there's always the "trailer" or, in this case, the "Mods" to answer to...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #171
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
an 8 second daily driver. that thing is rediculous.
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #172
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
All that work, on an auto... =(
Cool car, still sounds like a slushbox shifting! Should have put that work into a 4door!
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #173
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
All this hype and no time yet? Lol!

Ford ford ford. Car must have not made it to the finish. Typical. Cant see the log axle doing amazing on that track.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #174
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
The only thing I don't like about this 2013 is what they did to the headlights... looks like the car is squinting...
Other than that... I like the sound, and looking at some parts of the vid, seems to go pretty well.
i agree i don't like the headlights also last year's front end was more mean looking. -the ZL1 looks more mean/angry,compared to the new shelby.

i love the exhaust sound too of the shelby..seems that the rear tires are not that wide..

when gm invited shelby to the ring to compare to the zl1 it had 550hp they didn't maybe wanted to compare it to a 662hp beast..
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #175
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
what a rush!
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #176
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Very cool beast!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #177
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
All this hype and no time yet? Lol!

Ford ford ford. Car must have not made it to the finish. Typical. Cant see the log axle doing amazing on that track.
Ford has managed to get the Boss 302, with a log axle as you put it, to out handle the M3 (arguably one of the best all around sports cars0. Yup that log axle really affects it's handleing especially when it took the corner at 1:15 better than the ZL1 did. The ZL1 will be easier to drive due to the IRS but to say the stick axle in the Mustang affects it's handling a huge amount is a little out there. I will take more skill to get results out of the GT500 with a stick axle than it would with IRS but the GT500 doesn't seem to be doing to bad. Also it took GM a year to post a time for the 2012 ZL1 but you're expecting one in half a year, when Ford doesn't generally even post lap times from the Ring? Seems a bit stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst equipped View Post
i agree i don't like the headlights also last year's front end was more mean looking. -the ZL1 looks more mean/angry,compared to the new shelby.

i love the exhaust sound too of the shelby..seems that the rear tires are not that wide..

when gm invited shelby to the ring to compare to the zl1 it had 550hp they didn't maybe wanted to compare it to a 662hp beast..
Umm they didn't change the front end on the Shelby, they only changed the grills, made the splitter lower and added LED bars in the headlamps other wise it is literally the exact same shape, okay I'll partially give you that one.

Also when GM invited Ford they already knew about the 650 HP as Ford announced it the same day Chevy announced the pricing and performance specs of the ZL1. Ford more than likely wasn't 100% complete with testing the GT500 for reasons more than getting the best lap time around a track that most american's will never go around and it's more than likely if they did they would piss their pants taking a turn at more than 30 MPH on.

Just saying......

Last edited by The IOM Ninja; 05-13-2012 at 01:27 AM.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:35 AM   #178
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ltcap View Post

the mustang's still better looking though.
AS IF!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #179
USARCPT

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS TF3 LS3
Well, like the mods stated, let's keep it nice and not devolve into a bunch of monkeys, pounding our chests at each other whilst making ooh-ooh-ooh "o" faces...

That said, I'm still on board with: Change those stripes to white, make it grabber blue, and add the Camaro-esque 2012 highwing spoiler and I would *definitely* find some cash to get one.

I'm sure my kids would be down for indentured servitude for 7-9 years. I kid, I kid....
Old 05-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #180
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
AS IF!
Really, neither car is ugly although they both have questionable design elements. The Camaro design is clean, blocky, modern although from certain angles it could be said to be plain. Consider it the Audi in this comparison. The Ford is classic, aggressive, curvy although it could be said to be over-designed and "busy"; very much the BMW in this comparison. I find the BMW/Audi reference apt as it also applies to both cars driving sensibilities in the last few years of magazine reviews. Simply put, both are equally stylish interpretations of the same basic template rendered to appeal to somewhat different yet closely related enthusiasts. And on that count they both succeed. "Ugly" is an oversimplified, personal and uniformed opinion from either camp.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #181
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
All that work, on an auto... =(
Cool car, still sounds like a slushbox shifting! Should have put that work into a 4door!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #182
eolson
eolson

Drives: 2006 premium Package Mustang GT cou
Wake up..... The 2013 GT500 project was not far enough along to be setting times last year at the Nurburgring, and of course they are going to wait until the weather is warmer and dry now in May, as all car projects would.

Even though the 2013 was at the car shows, they in no way had the final suspension and chassis stiffening finalized. I'm very anxious, but why should Ford not take very minute to finalize the car's actual components. We'll see later this month.

Oh by the way, I got to sit in the prototype of the new Viper last week, as it was at my college I'm a professor at(college for creative studies) and that is the most beautiful car I've ever seen designed in America ever. Stunning!! Erik
2006 Prem Pkg Mustang GT coupe. Saleen SC,10psi, 454rwhp,442rwtq, Complete Steeda/H&R, suspension change out, with weight loss, Techco Watts link, Stoptech big brakes, Race clutch, Alum. flywheel, Alum 1 pc driveshaft, 9x18,10x18 chrome bullit wheels, 285/40/18,255/45/18 nitto 555 tires. 3545 lbs currently. New car scent air freshener.
eolson is offline   Reply With Quote