Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #239
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorz28 View Post
You like GM again?
Just depressed on the fender flares. I have been excited about them since they were first listed. This is worse then the dovetail spoiler. I had to wait over a year to get it. first month of camero production bought my car and put in the request for the dovetail 1 month later traded the v6 in for the 2SS/RS still waited on dovetail over 1+ year later get a call from dealership my spoiler was finally in. I really hope the fender flares are the same way. The 20" rims I have only give a total height of 26" that is the same size in height as the Z28 rims so the fender flares would help fill the gap. I do not think aftermarket will work as well since they will take into account everyone running 28" tall tires. Hopefully some one on the board will do me the favor and let me order a set off their vin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
It says it will be available, but I don't know if it will be any better than what is already available on the aftermarket.
But in Cali it will get you around the stupid smog laws and is much better then the stock SS Box.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #240
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
You need to add the air bag sending unit out of your 10-11 seats and the wire so your dic does not light up, and the seat belt buckle holder in the new seat is not the same size, but if you do that it will fit older cars.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #241
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
You need to add the air bag sending unit out of your 10-11 seats and the wire so your dic does not light up, and the seat belt buckle holder in the new seat is not the same size, but if you do that it will fit older cars.
Can you please tell me what's required if I need to switch the driver's seat out of my now built (04.28) Z/28 for something that gives me more headroom when wearing a helmet? Just wondering about the steps I need to take to prevent idiot lights and fault codes -- and thanks, in advance, for advice on this...
Old 05-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #242
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by R6P View Post
GM has just announced, in an effort to prevent Z/28 cloning, approx 40 specific Z/28 parts will be restricted:
With the launch of the new Camaro Z/28, approximately 40 different Z/28 specific parts will be placed on restriction. This action is being taken to protect the vehicle’s brand and customer’s investment by preventing the “cloning” of the Z/28.
That is awesome.
Either it IS a Z28, or it IS NOT a Z28. Good call GM.
(Obviously the aftermarket will have products, but not GM authentic.)
Old 05-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #243
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
That is awesome.
Either it IS a Z28, or it IS NOT a Z28. Good call GM.
(Obviously the aftermarket will have products, but not GM authentic.)
After the latest list less then 40 parts seem to be on restriction now. I suspect in a year or so should be able to find just about anything you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Thank you at least for me seat belt wont be an issue. I am looking at putting in 5 point harness on both sides.

Is the CAI considered smog legal? may open up some options in Cali.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:16 AM   #244
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
THANK YOU!!!! Finally, some real information as to what's going on and this can be put to bed. Precisely my point about what's possible speculation (every mention I've seen prior to seeing this letter) and what is actual source information. There's no hate from me on this (with the exception of no one citing this letter before). I agree, the car is in a different league, and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about the parts restriction, it is what it is. If any one of those other "sources" cited this particular letter, then it wouldn't be as muddy.

I personally don't care what people bolts to their own cars, and I have absolutely no desire for a Z/28, and no desire for any Z/28 specific parts. If people want them bad enough, the aftermarket will make them for the masses. It makes sense for GM to restrict the parts in the beginning. We'll just see how long that actually lasts.

And again, for those that continue to whine about some ZL1 parts on non-ZL1 cars...even GM themselves are guilty of this.
Truth be told there are Z/28 parts on the ZL1 already.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:24 PM   #245
erickangulo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I saw all four Z/28 brakes on eBay for around $2,700. This was all a joke.
Attached Images

erickangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #246
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickangulo View Post
I saw all four Z/28 brakes on eBay for around $2,700. This was all a joke.
You sound like my wife. That's around $2,800, not $2,700.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote