The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-20-2007, 10:52 PM   #1
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
$%^& Steve Saleen!

I found this on another forum. Be warned, it will raise your blood pressure.

Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:56 PM   #2
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
He should go get hit by a bus. Honestly it did make my blood pressure rise.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I saw it, literally 5 seconds ago.
I was supposed to be going to bed. And I can't, now. Because I am unbelievably pissed. I hope GM gives Saleen some $h** for this.

Seriously. If you have a medical problem, don't watch this...oh, WTF, if you drive a Camaro and have a medical problem, you'd be dead already Go ahead, and watch. Then take out all your pent up fustration about the Chevy Nation Fiasco out on Steve Saleen. From now on, that name will be poison to me.

Remember when we were discussing what we thought about a Saleen Camaro deviation?
I said NO. Didn't really have a backing statement, other than a funny feeling, but this is what I needed. Steve Saleen is a bloated POS who needs to drive one of his cars before he puts his name on it. Cause' I'd be embarrassed to own the rights to his cars...just sayin':eek:.

You know what I think this is? He's sour that his crappy car didn't get the good spot in the movie. And remember when Saleen "leaked" engine options to a magazine? Maybe they were true, maybe they weren't. But I'll bet GM pulled the plug on any possible Saleen deal. And he's pissed he couldn't get his hands on a real pony car to modify (ever so slightly, but still somehow worth thousands more than a factory model).

Now, leave it to a bunch of die-hard Mustang enthusiasts to buy that garbage. V6? built a Camaro? HA! you ripped apart a GTO (V8!!!!) and put on a body that GM provided for you. Congratulations, you phony!

Okay. Now to breathe, and relax. I can't believe that anybody can string together that many 'jokes' and 'friendly jests' without it being intentionally malicious.<= hence why I got pissed.

You know what I want to do to him? I want to strap him to that Electric bike, and run his a** right into that minivan again.
NOT COOL, SALEEN! Go build another version of a Rustang, you arse.

EDIT: this video and conversation is erupting all over other Camaro forums as well as this one; with an almost 100% landslide 'pissed-off' rating. I think Saleen made a big mistake.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:10 PM   #4
Moose

A little man from a little company who adds body kits to under performing Mustangs and charges people outrageous amounts of money for another run of the mill "special" Mustang.

GM will produce the Camaro, which will out perform from the outset, without using/needing "bodykits", obnoxious and tacky graphics, and underachieving modifications, and which will blow Saleens overpriced 'Pep Boys' "specials" into the weeds.

(It is NOT my intention to offend any Mustang owners. I honestly think the current Mustang is a nice car. And although I've never cared for the Saleen Mustang, or it's "founder", I had some respect for him. NOT ANYMORE.)
Old 11-20-2007, 11:12 PM   #5
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Someeone needs to run his ass over with a s281. Probably wouldn't kill him since it couldn't get enough speed.

Hell the only mustang I ever wanted was the S351 back in 95 (only one year produced). Now I could lierally care less. F*CK YOU Steve!

Last edited by Mindz; 11-21-2007 at 12:59 AM.
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #6
Moose

I just visited his site. If anyone is interested, here is his "customer service" address; customerservice@saleen.com.

I'll be contacting them.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:21 PM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

I don't feel it's worth devoting that much time, but thank you.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:22 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Good Idea. I'm in.
He'll have a lovely earfull when I'm done with him. And of course, I'll get an automated response, which I will ignore. Because his sorry a$$ isn't worth my time, or effort.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:24 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I found it funny. He likes mustangs, so we all know there is something wrong with him to start with. Because of this I can laugh at him, not with, at!

And if Bumble Bee had a V6 like he said (which i question the truthfulness of) thats one hell of a V6. Imagine what the V8's will do! As far as a Camaro never beating a saleen . . . there is a slight possibility that there will be a factory Camaro that has the same power as the S281 Extreme Mustang. If not, there will be aftermarket Camaros that will top it. Thats all well and good in straight lines, when the road gets twisty, bye bye rustang!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:30 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Good Idea. I'm in.
He'll have a lovely earfull when I'm done with him. And of course, I'll get an automated response, which I will ignore. Because his sorry a$$ isn't worth my time, or effort.
Post them both. Perhaps a link to this thread should be included? I'm sure their responce will be along the lines of:

"Dear Dragoneye

Thank you for the e-mail. We value your questions and concerns. Please call us if you have anything further that you would like to add."
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:35 PM   #11
Good53X

Drives: 1988Nissan Pulsar (meh,beater)
I remember a throwback to early days of racing, where the Ford racing team accused the Chevy team of using 'special fuel', because the Camaro beat the Mustang out of the corners. Nobody seemed to understand what torque was.

GG Ford? I know that Steve Saleen doesn't speak FOR Ford, but he certainly allied himself with one brand over another.

I found it funny that he says "Has anyone seen the movie - Transformer?" Asks it like a question, and doesn't actually pronounce the S at the end. Have YOU seen the movie Steve?
Good53X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:52 AM   #12
bprange

Drives: '94 Red/Black Z/28
NOT impressed. Also if you read the comments aparently some tool 'pwned' Z06's with his GT, unlikely. (I HATE internet shorthand)
Old 11-21-2007, 01:00 AM   #13
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Might have been a TT Ford GT. Who knows.

How's this? Z28 vs. Saleen S281

I didn't hotlink it because I want you guys to read the description.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:48 AM   #14
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Michael Bay= the way i read the story is that he want the camaro from the first time he saw it. (as the concept) i need to look for the story again and send it to them. maybe it will refresh Steve's memory.

i just think he is all pissed because the cop car got it's ass kick by a 2nd gen camaro. so he like "sh%t what the hell is the 5th gen going to do?"
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote