The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-04-2021, 09:40 AM   #43
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Taking the discussion a bit off the track comparisons, for those of us using our SS 1LEs mainly as their daily service vehicle and just wishing to enjoy the performance / handling on the public roads.
What would be your take under these "daily" circumstances, when comparing to the M2/M2C ?
Good, responsive, composed handling isn't something that's limited to 7/10ths and harder track driving.

Differences between those cars might be harder to pick up on in 5/10ths and under street driving, though.

Norm
Old 06-05-2021, 08:56 AM   #44
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Good, responsive, composed handling isn't something that's limited to 7/10ths and harder track driving.

Differences between those cars might be harder to pick up on in 5/10ths and under street driving, though.

Norm
Well said Norm. I too think that one would need to push these cars at a track to notice differences. I always run mine in base Touring on the streets and the car feels super hooked up and responsive under these conditions anyway. Having said that, apart from perhaps a mildly spirited ramp entry, i never speed on public roads. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:32 PM   #45
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Well said Norm. I too think that one would need to push these cars at a track to notice differences. I always run mine in base Touring on the streets and the car feels super hooked up and responsive under these conditions anyway. Having said that, apart from perhaps a mildly spirited ramp entry, i never speed on public roads. Cheers!
Same here.

I've actually taken a few datalogs running through one of my "unofficial test loops". At half a lat-g the car still feels completely stuck down, and that's generally enough to run down most other cars. Up above 0.8g, differences between 285/35-18 MPSS on 11" wide wheels and 265/40-18 MPSS on 9.5" wide wheels do appear.

Norm