The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-22-2021, 05:53 PM   #15
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Both my 2001 GT and 2003 Mach 1 were great vehicles. Never had any issues with either. If the new Mach 1 was a little cheaper, I would definitely considering buying one.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:32 AM   #16
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...152389/page-75
hilarious. our cars are way way better to drive. not even close.
In some ways, yes the Camaro drives better. But on the flip side is the fact that Track mode makes the steering artificially heavy without adding any feel (a lose-lose proposition in my book as a corner-carver kind of driver). It's really a generic problem with EPAS to be short on 'feel', with some calibrations being worse than others.

Quote:
i never had one thumbs up when i had my s550 for one year
i get 20 everytime i go out in my camaro.
I guess if that sort of thing matters to you it'd be a good thing. But I've never needed that sort of attention no matter what car I bought (fyi, the car I owned the longest - 33 years - was a Chevy).

Quote:
those mustang owners are living in cuckoo land if they think those pile of excrement s550 mustangs are even close to a camaro in driving dynamics they are very wrong
Stock, and especially in the early years of the S550/6th gen, the shocks and struts were nowhere near where they should have been for many driving situations. But aftermarket solutions have been developed and it seems that even Ford has picked up their game a bit in this respect.

Norm