The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 05-09-2021, 08:55 AM   #1
cthulhucaller

Drives: 2022 1SS Team Joe and Becky
Found my way back home.

I'm back. Well, not to this board, but to Camaros and the forums around them.
I'm in Georgia, and was a long term member and active track day/group car rebuild sessions in the 4th gen f-body community until I went astray and messed with vettes for many years. Then ended up with enough kids to where only SUV's and my '70 Chevelle were practical. The kids now drive themselves, I sold off the Chevelle last year, and am now in probably the worst market possible to buy a new 6th gen SS. But it's ok, I'm a patient guy.

Past Camaros.
A 76 that was angry, slow, and ugly brown. But very, very cheap. Cheap enough for a high school kid with a lawnmower to buy. It got less slow, but stayed ugly, and died a tragic death when it tried to share the same space as a building during sideways travel. I worked my way through college as a mechanic at a Chevy dealership, and this was the car that was with me for many years.

An 83 I bought from my dad. I had it for many years, had a ton of fun with it, SCCA days, 1/4 mile test and tunes, and a full rebuild of the little 305. Carried me through my first years of years of working as a nerd.

A 94 Z that liked to eat Optisparks and Mustangs. Cop magnet, occasional tow truck passenger, and local f-body club Vortech test bed. Sold it to a buddy, who sold it to another, who decided when he was done with it that I should get it back for half price. Which I did, and had a few more years of fun with until management decided that we had far too many cars.

Plenty of other interesting and less interesting cars up to now. But, it's time to hop back in. Was going to order a '21, but that seems like a fool's errand, so will order a '22 SS once a dealer in my area will accept an order.
If anyone in the north GA area knows of a solid dealer who does well on ordered cars, please let me know.

TLDR: Not my first rodeo, but always ready to listen, learn, and help out as needed.
cthulhucaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:39 PM   #2
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Welcome!
Old 05-10-2021, 05:42 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 05-10-2021, 09:23 AM   #4
iredlere

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT Coupe
Welcome back!
iredlere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:48 PM   #5
Pyr0

Drives: Ford F-150, but want a camaro
nice
Pyr0 is offline   Reply With Quote