The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-09-2020, 07:27 AM   #1
silverscreamo

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro V6 with RS package
Smile Favorite Camaro Memory So Far...

So... I'm basically a heaping pile of nostalgia and sentimentalism wrapped in a bag of flesh. That's where I got this idea from...

Yes, I've only had my car at this point for less than 2 weeks, but I've already had one fond memory I'll probably continue to recall for a while after.

My wife and I had decided to take the car for a spin this past weekend. We ordered food from a Chinese restaurant some distance away just so we can drive for a little longer than a few minutes. It wasn't particularly cool, but after the brief summer rain, the air smelled clean and refreshing. We kept the windows down a crack, cruising along the highway at a comfortable speed in the far right lane. We kept out of everyone's way and they kept out of ours.

We blasted through some of our favorite 90's tunes. "Plush" by Stone Temple Pilots, "Fell on Black Days" by Soundgarden, "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" by Smashing Pumpkins. Suddenly, we weren't dealing with this pandemic nonsense, no civil unrest. It was just us, those sweet tunes, the gentle grumbling roar of the Camaro, and the infinite road ahead of us. Then, just before our exit, she turned to me, smiling softly.

It was the same soft smile that had smacked me hard on my butt the first day I had met her, the first moment I already knew I was in love. And for that brief few moments in time, everything was right with the world.

The Chinese food was pretty awesome too...

So, I'm curious! Anybody else have a fond memory around their Camaro that they'd like to share?
silverscreamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:03 AM   #2
denboy1

Drives: 2014 2ss Convertible
Best so far for my garage queen convertible was a trip from Ann Arbor where we live up to Mackinac Island for a conference, about four hours I guess. Rainy looking day and made it top down an hour up to a lunch stop at Old Nation Brewing (great food, great beer). Put the top up and it just pours over lunch, then stops.

Top down all the way up avoiding raindrops and getting cold, but who cares. Just get the top up before parking and it rains again. Destination trips are the best and this car always makes it special.
denboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:21 AM   #3
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Just too many to count.

Probably the most memorable moment was a bent over walker using 90ish ladies face lighting up with a huge smile and telling me her late husband had one just like it "when they came out way back when". She really wanted to tell me her stories and the grand daughter was apologizing and trying to get grandma to leave the nice man alone. I assured her it was great to see her grandma smile.

Yeah, grandma thought it was a first gen and her grandkid drove her away with that big grin re-living those memories.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:21 AM   #4
silverscreamo

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro V6 with RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by denboy1 View Post
Best so far for my garage queen convertible was a trip from Ann Arbor where we live up to Mackinac Island for a conference, about four hours I guess. Rainy looking day and made it top down an hour up to a lunch stop at Old Nation Brewing (great food, great beer). Put the top up and it just pours over lunch, then stops.

Top down all the way up avoiding raindrops and getting cold, but who cares. Just get the top up before parking and it rains again. Destination trips are the best and this car always makes it special.
I seriously can't wait to take a road trip in this thing. My job previously had me driving for long stretches and traveling to our various locations, but COVID halted all of that, unfortunately. Looking forward to starting back up with it soon though.
silverscreamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #5
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Waiting for my Camaro to be delivered after ordering it and looking forward to having the after market parts I had ordered (wheels & tires, heritage grill, rear spoiler, lowering springs, Katzkin Leather Interior) in advance to be installed when it did arrive.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
memories, positive vibes, short story