The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2018 Camaro Fest (VIII)

Old 07-06-2018, 08:31 AM   #15
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Cones what is the deal with the cones.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:46 AM   #16
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Had a discussion a few months back about saving spots for there buddies while others who were registered for the host hotel had to park across the street cause there were no spots to park. Would like to get the final verdict on what is allowed and not allowed or even if cones are acceptable this year.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #17
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

ok must have missed that I am kind of torn on this but it should be 1st come 1st serve unless the Fest guys assign parking spots.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:12 AM   #18
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
ok must have missed that I am kind of torn on this but it should be 1st come 1st serve unless the Fest guys assign parking spots.
It is a lose lose whatever side you take. I think if you want to park with your buddies, meet up before. However, if you are only saving 1 spot, that may be acceptable pending the volume of the lot at that time. Blocking off sections for big clubs is a bit much. 1 spot I don't think will be a big deal. Personally, I will only be there with 2 other people so I will likely save a spot until the lot starts to become crowded and then I will open the space. I don't think stressing over this is worth it tbh. It's not worth ruining a great weekend over.
You are all welcome to pull up a chair with the mrs and me if you can't find a spot!!! Maybe washers or cornhole pending space in my car lol

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:25 AM   #19
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
It is a lose lose whatever side you take. I think if you want to park with your buddies, meet up before. However, if you are only saving 1 spot, that may be acceptable pending the volume of the lot at that time. Blocking off sections for big clubs is a bit much. 1 spot I don't think will be a big deal. Personally, I will only be there with 2 other people so I will likely save a spot until the lot starts to become crowded and then I will open the space. I don't think stressing over this is worth it tbh. It's not worth ruining a great weekend over.
You are all welcome to pull up a chair with the mrs and me if you can't find a spot!!! Maybe washers or cornhole pending space in my car lol
We have 5 in our group but we travel together and if we get spots together cool if not it's ok no big deal.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:39 AM   #20
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
We have 5 in our group but we travel together and if we get spots together cool if not it's ok no big deal.
not really a big deal with 5, but we had some issues in the past where people were trying to save like 10-15 spots and no one was around and people were trying to park. More of a "hey, be respectful and not a d**k" kind of thing.

But parking on the south side this time, where there are a ton more spots, should really help that situation more.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #21
Chris Sanders

Drives: 1973 camaro
Good luck finding a parking place at convention center. I bet there’s at least 50 parking places with orange cones in front of them. #conefest2018

Last edited by Chris Sanders; 07-13-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Chris Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:46 AM   #22
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sanders View Post
Good luck finding a parking place at convention center. I bet there’s at least 50 parking places with orange cones in front of them. #conefest2018
I would go out and move them if I paid to be at the hotel and there were cones.

And pick any spot you want. Just say there were so many cones you thought the space had your cone on it. Lol

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #23
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
We will be washing cars tonight in the parking lot of the hotel until late. Come get your car washed while you shower and chill in your room!
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote