Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-11-2019, 09:17 PM   #1
htxSS

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Little imperfections in your car that only you will ever see

Just curious if anyone has noticed anything with the interior or exterior that may not be perfect, but only you will ever notice.

Ryan
htxSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:26 PM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
The headliner, where it meets the front windshield.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:31 PM   #3
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Oh I can think of at least 10 off the top of my head right now. I try not to tell anybody so they don’t look at the car differently
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:40 PM   #4
Corvette_Mike

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Me too. Never noticed it until I saw a thread about it here.
Corvette_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:02 PM   #5
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Sharp edges on steering wheels components where the metal / plastic meet softer stuff.

Poor attention to detail.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:39 AM   #6
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
Oh I can think of at least 10 off the top of my head right now. I try not to tell anybody so they don’t look at the car differently

mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:54 AM   #7
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
Me too, headliner coming off on the right passenger side.
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:17 AM   #8
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Everyone has something. If you care about your car, you do. There is no perfect car out there. I know you see others post pics of their cars, and they look perfect. They're not. If you let that bother you, then you will be forever searching for that perfect car that does not exist.

I have freaked out on small issues on all of my cars, but it always becomes a non-issue when enough time passes. With or without the car, you will get over it. I remember FREAKING OUT over the first major rock chip I got on my brand new 09 shelby. I almost cried. Here I am 10 years later, and probably 7 cars later, and that was a silly distant memory. And on my current car, there are flaws. Most nobody but me will ever know. And thats where I leave them. No need to stress about some silly stone chip or weird mark on the rubber seal under a window. Just drive, rinse and repeat. Enjoy it because nothing is forever.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:28 AM   #9
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I had my headliner replaced last year because it sagged in the front. The new one sags in the front and the rear. Wish I had left it alone. My advice...use a Sharpie.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:29 AM   #10
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I used to be this way when It came to Detailing and/or minor scratches on the car. I now use what I call the "spouse test"… If my wife can notice it, then I think it's significant and will take action on it. But if she walks right by it and doesn't say anything, I also let it go. I got tired of driving myself nuts. I'm particularly this way when it comes to Detailing. I'm not gonna buy a special light to look for swirls, or get 2 inches from the paint to make sure that it's ok/clear. If I wash the car and then Wipe on some sealant 2x a year, that's good enough for me. I used to be a fanatic with layering of several different products, and frankly when my wife looked at it , she didn't see really any difference, it was always "it's very nice"… I learned that was good enough for me , it's a car, not one of my kids…
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:17 AM   #11
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Everyone has something. If you care about your car, you do. There is no perfect car out there. I know you see others post pics of their cars, and they look perfect. They're not. If you let that bother you, then you will be forever searching for that perfect car that does not exist.

I have freaked out on small issues on all of my cars, but it always becomes a non-issue when enough time passes. With or without the car, you will get over it. I remember FREAKING OUT over the first major rock chip I got on my brand new 09 shelby. I almost cried. Here I am 10 years later, and probably 7 cars later, and that was a silly distant memory. And on my current car, there are flaws. Most nobody but me will ever know. And thats where I leave them. No need to stress about some silly stone chip or weird mark on the rubber seal under a window. Just drive, rinse and repeat. Enjoy it because nothing is forever.
VERY well stated. A lesson we should all learn. Life is too precious to sweat the small stuff like these things.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:40 AM   #12
chaoscentral

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Thankfully I have moved past caring too too much. As long as she looks good from a few feet away I don't care. I got a rock chip in the windshield within the first 6 days of ownership and the repair isn't 100% but it isnt in direct line of sight so it doesn't bother me at all.

I used to be obsessed with my cars looking perfect if I bought them new. So I buy a couple years old now and don't have that same feeling.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:16 PM   #13
ste1n

Drives: 2019 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
I have an annoying wind noise that occurs after 40mph. Another member from here suggested that driver side mirror might cause it but it sounds like it is coming from somewhere from the windshield. So, the other day I noticed there is a gap between windshield and headliner.

My question is would that gap cause that wind noise? Do you also have excessive wind noise as well?
ste1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:03 PM   #14
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1n View Post
I have an annoying wind noise that occurs after 40mph. Another member from here suggested that driver side mirror might cause it but it sounds like it is coming from somewhere from the windshield. So, the other day I noticed there is a gap between windshield and headliner.

My question is would that gap cause that wind noise? Do you also have excessive wind noise as well?
No mine doesn't make noise. Can't see how that would make noise because of that, but it's certainly possible. I took some rubber trim and put it up there the other day, to make it look a bit better. You try that and see if the noise changes
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote