The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > New Member Intro Lounge

Old 03-02-2016, 11:16 PM   #1
MickMcGirr

Drives: 1969 Camaro and 2005 CTS-V
New Member- '69 and '10

Hey gents (and ladies)

I've been on this forum for a few months. I originally joined while I was looking for a 5th gen and ended up buying one that is now on its third forum member owner. Todd and Ryan took great care of her and I'm doing the same.

The '10:

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Silver Ice Metallic LS3 with Inferno Orange Stripes and Interior

Vehicle Modifications:
Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger w/ 3.4 pulley currently set at 8 lbs of boost
Speed Inc Rough Idle Blower Cam
Stainless Works Headers and Full 3" Exhaust
Roto Fab Cold Air Intake
Autometer Cobalt Dual Gauge Pod,
MGW short throw shifter with retro ball knob
RX Catch Can,
ZL1 Spoiler
ZL1 Grille
SRP Racing Pedals in black
SRP aluminum heel plate (protects driver floormat)
Custom EmblemPros "LS3 Supercharged" emblems on grille and rear deck lid
"Camaro SS" embroidered Lloyd's floor and trunk mats, black with orange lettering and edging
Fender V-Flag Emblems
TSW Nurburgring 20" Wheels in Gunmetal finish (20x9 fronts, 20x10 rears)
Nitto Invo Tires (275 fronts/315 rears)
3M pro series clear bra

Car was built and tuned by Speed Inc when brand new. Was re-tuned to 91 octane by NicD after the move to Arizona. On 93 car made 604/543 at the wheels. On 91 she makes 566/541.

Next round of mods will be fuel system and e85. Even with the boost-a-pump and 80lb injectors she is just about tapped and starts to sag pressure above 3500.

I've had her down the track and few times and haven't quite gotten into the 11s yet but trapped at 122. That was on near-bald INVOs which have now been replaced. At the No Fly Zone half mile races I trapped a best of 155.2mph and had 8 passes within 1.1 mph, even hot-lapping.

The '69-

As this is a 5th gen page, I'll keep this one short. I've had the '69 since I was 17, so 13 years now. It was originally a 6cyl/PG car but has been through a number of engines, transmissions, and rearends.

I just finished the current iteration. Hydraulic roller 383 with SCAT forged crank and rods and Wiseco forged pistons. RHS heads with some porting and polishing work done. 700r4 built by Pete's Transmissions with a 3k shall. Period correct 12 bolt with Moser posi unit and 4.10 fears. Currently has 275/60/15 Nitto NT555R on the rear but will be going to something with a little more bite soon. Open to suggestions.

Thanks gents! Glad to be part of the page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MickMcGirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:23 PM   #2
phillip123hastings

Drives: A real beast
Thanks for this post. I love your 2010 Camaro
phillip123hastings is offline   Reply With Quote