The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-29-2019, 03:15 PM   #43
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Vsports are dead according to Cadillac. They'll probably just introduce a new engine option.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #44
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Vsports are dead according to Cadillac. They'll probably just introduce a new engine option.
Dead as a name or dead as a concept? Because the idea of the <letter>sport lines from the various luxury brands is pretty good. Offering something in between the regular every day models and the all out V (or M, or F) model. The name wasn't great, and I can see getting rid of the Vsport name when they're introducing a new 'Sport' trim. Just too confusing to have both at the same time.

But if they're abandoning the idea altogether, I think thats a mistake.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:00 PM   #45
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Dead as a name or dead as a concept? Because the idea of the <letter>sport lines from the various luxury brands is pretty good. Offering something in between the regular every day models and the all out V (or M, or F) model. The name wasn't great, and I can see getting rid of the Vsport name when they're introducing a new 'Sport' trim. Just too confusing to have both at the same time.

But if they're abandoning the idea altogether, I think thats a mistake.
Yep. It's like offering the Camaro with a V6, or you get the ZL1. No SS.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:51 PM   #46

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
"Cadillac’s powerful 3.0L Twin Turbo V-6 is available on Premium Luxury and Sport models."

I don't know why they wouldn't announce what other models the CT5 will have other than these, or that more powerful engines will be available....

This Lo-Po TT V-6 looks like the top dog for the CT5....Not very much to get excited about.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:56 PM   #47
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
"Cadillac’s powerful 3.0L Twin Turbo V-6 is available on Premium Luxury and Sport models."

I don't know why they wouldn't announce what other models the CT5 will have other than these, or that more powerful engines will be available....

This Lo-Po TT V-6 looks like the top dog for the CT5....Not very much to get excited about.
Because you announce the special models once the initial sales boost from the brand new model wears off. Its how every performance model that I'm aware of (from any brand) goes.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 04-30-2019, 10:03 PM   #48

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Because you announce the special models once the initial sales boost from the brand new model wears off. Its how every performance model that I'm aware of (from any brand) goes.

That doesn't seem to apply to the Cadillac, though....Look at the graph showing the progression of the line and the segment (BMW) it is supposed to compete with....The CT6 would be the candidate to have the more powerful V-6 and the V-8....If the CT5 were the only body style or size of Cadillac in a segment, like a Camaro, I would agree with you.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:07 PM   #49
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Cadillac has no idea what direction they want to head. I don't see that company getting straightened out any time soon.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:42 PM   #50
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
That doesn't seem to apply to the Cadillac, though....Look at the graph showing the progression of the line and the segment (BMW) it is supposed to compete with....The CT6 would be the candidate to have the more powerful V-6 and the V-8....If the CT5 were the only body style or size of Cadillac in a segment, like a Camaro, I would agree with you.
Doesn't apply to Cadillac? The first CTS-V came a year or two after the 1st gen CTS. Same thing with the 2nd. And the 3rd. And the ATS-V. And the XLR-V. The CT6-V was a bit slower taking 3 years (just in time for the end of production ).

And what do you mean 'if the CT5 were the only <one> in a segment'? The lineup chart you mentioned clearly shows the CT5 in a space by itself within the Cadillac lineup, unlike the current situation that has a lot of overlap between the CTS, XTS, and CT6. They're clearing out the 'compact plus/midsize minus' cars so that there is a clear distinction between the CT5 (compact) & CT6 (midszie).

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 05-01-2019, 07:46 AM   #51
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
DGthe3 is spot on here. When vehicle programs introduce a new product or major upgrade, they are typically rolled out over an 18 - 24 month period. Companies tend to not talk about what else is coming because it makes customers wait for the “what’s next” instead of buying the first models released. Look at the new BMW 3-Series as an example. The only models they talk about are the 330i and the M340i. Likewise the 4-Series only talks about the 430i and the 440i. If you don’t think there’s an M3 and an M4 coming, you haven’t been paying attention. Yet BMW will not talk about them at all while launching the four trims I mentioned.

Same thing is gonna happen with C8. Base and mid level trims will be announced on July 18th. A Grand Sport, Z06, or ZR1 will more than likely not be mentioned at all.

As for output, CT6 already has a higher output 3.0TT than the CT5.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:24 AM   #52
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Cadillac naming structure still pisses me off.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:24 AM   #53
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Cadillac naming structure still pisses me off.
I've recently found a new annoyance with it: awkward to type. The old names were fine since they were all capital letters, just hold down the shift key. But I can't tell you how many times I've typed out 'CT%' instead of 'CT5' because I hit the 5 (thats right above the 'T') just before I release the shift. Is it one of the 5 biggest issues with their naming scheme? Probably not. But its still annoying.

Camaro Fest sub-forum