Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
1LE hood issue... wow!

So I'm finally getting my car fixed from the hail storm we had here over a month ago... over $15k damage.

The hood is causing problems w/ these people... yes it comes wrapped from Chevy. No I didn't have it done myself. It's part of the 1LE package. I don't care what the Chevy dealer says, it comes from the factory that way.... 1LE package.

I sent them a link from Chevy's own site... looky here, wrapped hood. Maybe I should just get a carbon fiber hood.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:11 PM   #2
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
In the end they will have to wrap it and return it to as delivered condition.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #3
sherob

Yeah... they just emailed me and said they got it figured out finally. I was flabbergasted, well maybe not, that the Chevy dealer wouldn't know it came from the factory wrapped.

I'll just be happy to finally have her back in my hands fixed and driving after 2 months. You really don't realize how much you enjoy driving something until you don't have it anymore. The little Buick Encore is nice... but it's not a Camaro.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:21 PM   #4
chargerfan2

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE 2SS Summit White
Can't they just get a hood the same color as your car and have it wrapped? I've replaced my hood wrap already once. The material is about $60 and probably another $200 to have it put on. Dealerships have all sorts of people that do work for them that specialize in many things. I'm sure they have a wrap guy and could get it done
chargerfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
Wes137170

Drives: 15 2ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
So I'm finally getting my car fixed from the hail storm we had here over a month ago... over $15k damage.

The hood is causing problems w/ these people... yes it comes wrapped from Chevy. No I didn't have it done myself. It's part of the 1LE package. I don't care what the Chevy dealer says, it comes from the factory that way.... 1LE package.

I sent them a link from Chevy's own site... looky here, wrapped hood. Maybe I should just get a carbon fiber hood.
I'm guessing your going through with insurance? Most won't cover the wrap since its from a third party and not an actual part manufactured and supplied by gm
Wes137170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:41 PM   #6
sherob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes137170 View Post
I'm guessing your going through with insurance? Most won't cover the wrap since its from a third party and not an actual part manufactured and supplied by gm
They finally got it figured out... and it is a GM part, part of the 1LE package.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:08 PM   #7
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes137170 View Post
If that was the case then insurance companies wouldn't have to replace about half the car since GM does not make the majority of the parts. The wrap comes on the car from the factory so the insurance company would have to replace it.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:42 PM   #8
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post

They would have lost me as a customer, the first 5 min of my intelligence being insulted like that. I would of made it VERY CLEAR to them, that this would of been the case, and I'm talking straight to the owner of the place, not wasting my breath on some lesser employee.

Totally pathetic and unacceptable. Total FAIL period.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:57 PM   #9
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Dude, wow so sorry to here. Not to get off topic but were moving to Colorado soon. I
posted in that section but no real feedback. What do you like/love about Colorado and what do you hate?
Old 07-27-2017, 09:14 AM   #10
sherob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Dude, wow so sorry to here. Not to get off topic but were moving to Colorado soon. I
posted in that section but no real feedback. What do you like/love about Colorado and what do you hate?
What do I like/love, and what do I hate?

I hate snow and the winters.

I love the summers and the heat. I love the mountain twisty roads, the great food, the amazing brews.

The people are a mix... I'm from Texas, and I'm used to knowing everyone on the street, you knew your neighbors and you watched out for one and another. It's not like that here. I know my next door neighbor, and that's it... after almost 10 years here. Sad.

Being from California, you'll probably love it... huge influx of Californian's here... see their plates everywhere. Where are you looking to move?

The "Natives" don't like Texan's and Californian's very much... and I'm pretty much the worst of the bunch to them, since I was born in CA, and lived most my life in TX.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:21 PM   #11
cornerspeed92

We have never been there but know were going. I was born in Utah and that will be my cover when we get there We thought about going back to Utah but my girlfriend doesn't want to be asked all the time if she is Mormon. She has a friend that lives in Conifer, from the pictures we love there, but anywhere between Loveland and Colorado springs i guess. Were coming up in Sept on vacation to look.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #12
sherob

Quote:
We have never been there but know were going. I was born in Utah and that will be my cover when we get there We thought about going back to Utah but my girlfriend doesn't want to be asked all the time if she is Mormon. She has a friend that lives in Conifer, from the pictures we love there, but anywhere between Loveland and Colorado springs i guess. Were coming up in Sept on vacation to look.
I rode in to SLC once to drop off my leg of a Pony Express run on my Goldwing. It was really nice going over the pass, beautiful area. Yeah, met two guys at am IBM class that work for a CU there... heard all about the Mormon click, pretty weird thing to me. Don't know if I could work under that.

I'm in Brighton, little farming community that is booming like no tomorrow. I work in Lakewood, and what was a 30 to 35 minute drive/ride back in 2007 is now a 45 to an hour drive now without snow.

Think about where you want to live and where you'll be working, and factor in the drive with and without weather... snow can impact the drive pretty bad sometimes, worse depending on where you live and work. I've had it hail/snow where I work, and it'll be sunshine down the street in Denver. If you don't like the weather, wait 30 minutes.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:33 PM   #13
cornerspeed92

Yeah like i say i used to live in Utah and dont really want full blown winter but i want all 4 seasons, unlike this shithole Calif.....summer then a little less summer haha. We are coming up on Sept 9th for a few days then we have to leave to go race Silverstate then were coming back, we want to try and narrow where where we want to live.. I couldnt imagine you guys really get more then 3 really bad storms a winter, or is this thought wrong?
Old 07-31-2017, 04:33 PM   #14
sherob

Quote:
Yeah like i say i used to live in Utah and dont really want full blown winter but i want all 4 seasons, unlike this shithole Calif.....summer then a little less summer haha. We are coming up on Sept 9th for a few days then we have to leave to go race Silverstate then were coming back, we want to try and narrow where where we want to live.. I couldnt imagine you guys really get more then 3 really bad storms a winter, or is this thought wrong?
Here are the snowfall total's for this past season... Conifer lucked out. It's the icy roads that really cause the problem, which isn't shown.

https://www.weather.gov/bou/Coop-Sno1617