The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > General Automotive Discussions

Old 04-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Some people are so disrespectful

So today I was giving my cousin and her friend a ride home from school in my Camaro, and on our way home we decided to stop by a smoothie place. So the three of us walk in the smoothie place and there is a group of 4 guys all who are probably my cousins age, so about 2-3 years younger than me. They saw my Camaro and started trying to ask who it belonged to and so I came forward and said it was mine, and they asked if they could take a look inside.

Like most of us here I love to show my Camaro off, and I said sure and I walked outside with them and unlocked the door. All at once they run to my car, fling the door open (thank god I wasnt parked close to anyone, or else there would have been damage) and they all cram into my car. At this point I'm getting irritated because I never said they could get into my car. Then a guy gets into the driver seat and puts on MY sunglasses I had in the cup holder, started messing with my seat settings, and started begging for my keys. I honestly was shocked at these guys behavior.

After about 2 minutes, I said "y'all need to get out of my car". None of the 4 budged. And the guy in the front asked one last time "come on! We will get out after ONE drive! Give me the keys!" Now I'm pissed, and I said "hell no, you are not driving my car. Get out now".

Finally they got the message and got out. But I could not believe how these guys treated someone else's property and how they treated me in general.

That's the end of my story/rant but I thought i would share....if a group of 4 high schoolers asks to see your car, say NO!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
they punked you
bandier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
Younger people are idiots... never let anyone you dont know get in your car.
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
i woulda told them to get the **** out as soon as they tried getting in
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
kids are crazy
Old 04-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
The conversation would have ended at "can we look inside?" I don't like the beta's buzzing around me anyway. The Alpha's should be smacking the youngsters away Aubrey especially if we are chewing food.

I see it all the time on the National Geographic. It's nature's way if you follow my meaning.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
For real ass whoopings would have promptly been delivered! No one touches my car, gets in or looks funny at it. They look at me and automatically know your gonna get your tail beat to dust when it comes to my car. You got disrespected, you should never let someone look in your car , they can look from outside. Don't make that mistake again!
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #8
ROD_SS

Drives: 2013 1SS Camaro and a truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
So today I was giving my cousin and her friend a ride home from school in my Camaro, and on our way home we decided to stop by a smoothie place. So the three of us walk in the smoothie place and there is a group of 4 guys all who are probably my cousins age, so about 2-3 years younger than me. They saw my Camaro and started trying to ask who it belonged to and so I came forward and said it was mine, and they asked if they could take a look inside.

Like most of us here I love to show my Camaro off, and I said sure and I walked outside with them and unlocked the door. All at once they run to my car, fling the door open (thank god I wasnt parked close to anyone, or else there would have been damage) and they all cram into my car. At this point I'm getting irritated because I never said they could get into my car. Then a guy gets into the driver seat and puts on MY sunglasses I had in the cup holder, started messing with my seat settings, and started begging for my keys. I honestly was shocked at these guys behavior.

After about 2 minutes, I said "y'all need to get out of my car". None of the 4 budged. And the guy in the front asked one last time "come on! We will get out after ONE drive! Give me the keys!" Now I'm pissed, and I said "hell no, you are not driving my car. Get out now".

Finally they got the message and got out. But I could not believe how these guys treated someone else's property and how they treated me in general.

That's the end of my story/rant but I thought i would share....if a group of 4 high schoolers asks to see your car, say NO!
I getting a little mad just reading this
Old 04-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
Lesson learned. Remember you have a red button on your remote to annoy the crap out of everybody.
eymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #10
Aubrey64

I'm glad I wasn't just over reacting! I was pissed! I have never had a bad experience showing anyone my car, whenever people ask to look at it, it is always just a nice conversation with someone who loves cars. But this definitely changed my point of view.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #11
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
Im mad right now reading your story! What a punk assholes!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #12
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Some people! Indeed. Yeah, I'd take that as a lesson learned. Sorry that happened but hopefully no damage done.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #13
JimAlan

Drives: Black 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post

That's Plano for you, Think they are entitled since dad has money!
JimAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #14
Aubrey64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Some people! Indeed. Yeah, I'd take that as a lesson learned. Sorry that happened but hopefully no damage done.
No damage was done, thank goodness! So, in the end it isn't that big of a deal. But I just can't believe some people. I'm not much older then them, and I would NEVER in a million years act that way towards anyones property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimAlan View Post
That's Plano for you, Think they are entitled since dad has money!
Exactly! It actually happened in Allen, which is even worse at this than Plano