Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-08-2024, 12:26 PM   #239
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Well... an opportunity has arisen and I will be dropping my car off at my trusted mechanic to install my clutch. Mcleod RXT twin disc with billet steel flywheel, arp flywheel bolts, GM pilot bearing, Tick adjustable master cylinder, Tick speed bleeder, GM slave cylinder with Tick billet sleeve, and remote reservoir. I normally do all of my work myself, but these guys are true car guys, and just love working on cool shit... they have an ls3 swapped stingray, procharged ls2 corvette, and a c4 that they are currently swapping a supercharged LT4 motor in. They installed my subframe bushings, diff bushings, most of my control arms, etc... and gave me hands down the best alignment this car has seen.

edit: I hope that I don't regret installing this clutch, as I prefer a smooth pedal and ease of engagement. I guess we will see, I'll just have to get used to it either way. I'll be putting about 300 miles on it the day I drive it home, so I will probably get used to it fairly quickly.

They quoted me $800 to install everything which is a price I can't even argue. The hardest part is going to be leaving my car in Fort lauderdale for 3 weeks while I wait to go back into town. They are located in Pompano beach, FL and the shop is called Zecas auto repair. It's a family owned business of two brothers working with their dad and they care about your car as much as they care about their own. Highly recommend them, just mention Anthony with the white camaro and they will give you the friends and family treatment.
Attached Images

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 02:34 PM   #240
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
That’s a good price considering the master is being replaced!

Curious how you feel about the RXT. That is what I installed also.
Old 02-08-2024, 08:31 PM   #241
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

As if by some sort of miracle... someone on Facebook messaged me and bought the RXT clutch off of me today. So I will be calling phastek or GPI in the morning and ordering an RST with billet steel flywheel and I'll get what I want and gain some strength while also maintaining my street car status as far as driveabilty with the organic clutch material.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 02-09-2024, 06:51 AM   #242
Leadsled

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6MT
That’s a really good price.. I paid 1,100… but he also dropped my oil pan to reseal the gasket
Old 02-09-2024, 01:06 PM   #243
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

I'm asking the shop to give me back all of the old parts, because I want to make a clock or something out of the clutch. Might use the old flywheel as a base for a light or something as well.

Old 02-10-2024, 07:40 PM   #244
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Honestly the RXT isn't a bad clutch at all. Engagement is a little sharp and rpm is needed to get the clutch to not chatter but it shifts like stock. It's that initial start that isn't great. FBO I got a 2.99.0-60 time..... not 60ft. I'm glad I went with the RXT because an RST wouldn't hold my power level and I wanted to grow into the clutch rather than do it twice.
Old 02-14-2024, 04:29 PM   #245
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

I feel like I should be worried... but I'm not sure. 18-20 psi when hot idling, 30 psi or so when cruising and it peaks at 50 psi or so when getting on it. Should I stop driving it and set aside money for a new oil pump? Or am I OK? I feel like I am just worrying but... can't be too careful.

I also noticed that my headers appear to be "bluing" a bit. I can't recall if they were like that prior to adding boost. Cats look good on the outside, but that doesn't mean anything. Thinking about pulling the headers to wrap them, and gutting the cats while I am in there just to be safe.
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2024, 05:46 PM   #246
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
I don't know buddy but I will tell you that those pressures unfortunately aren't going to get any better. The bypass relief valve in the pan is what's causing it to only get up to 50 psi or so under wot. As far as idle pressure goes that's a completely different animal. It's something that pelages' many of us LS owners sooner or later. Don't know what the real cause is I just know how to fix it. A high volume pump and plug that relief valve. You can get some of CFG's (I think that's his username) to make that crossmember a bolt in one to be able and get the pan off without pulling the engine.

Name:  Crossmember Flanges.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  192.1 KB

Name:  new crossmember brace 1.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  265.2 KB
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 06:02 PM   #247
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
I feel like I should be worried... but I'm not sure. 18-20 psi when hot idling, 30 psi or so when cruising and it peaks at 50 psi or so when getting on it. Should I stop driving it and set aside money for a new oil pump? Or am I OK? I feel like I am just worrying but... can't be too careful.

I also noticed that my headers appear to be "bluing" a bit. I can't recall if they were like that prior to adding boost. Cats look good on the outside, but that doesn't mean anything. Thinking about pulling the headers to wrap them, and gutting the cats while I am in there just to be safe.
My stock pump would idle around that. It would be 20-24 hot, average was 22/23. If I was spritied driving or doing autocross hot idle would dip to that 18-19 mark which always worried me.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:07 PM   #248
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
CFD is the guy that makes the weld in parts for the bolted crossmember.

You are on the low side for idle oil pressure, but I don't think it's dire. As for bluing on the headers, looks pretty normal to me for stainless headers.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:15 PM   #249
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Back when I had my cam installed by East Coast Supercharging, one of the many things they installed was a Melling 10296.

Although this entire thread is a great read, Post #52 is certainly note worthy:
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...=254409&page=4

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 01:43 PM   #250
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

The CFD oil pan kit is definitely on my list. I do plan on camming the car early next year and had budgeted the High pressure/High Volume Melling pump in that install. I guess If things get any worse then this, I will put the car into hibernation for awhile before anything gets damaged.

Old 02-23-2024, 11:29 PM   #251
Stormes_1SS

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS
This is such a good journal/build thread. Howard tuned my FBO car and it was a totally different animal. I’ve been researching torqstorm and stumbled upon your profile. Keep up the awesome work. I’ll be tuning in for updates.
Stormes_1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 10:00 AM   #252
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormes_1SS View Post
This is such a good journal/build thread. Howard tuned my FBO car and it was a totally different animal. I’ve been researching torqstorm and stumbled upon your profile. Keep up the awesome work. I’ll be tuning in for updates.
Check out my instagram, I have tons of videos and content relating to the Torqstorm kit. I can provide any or as much insight as you want. I personally love the blower. If you want to keep it under 10 psi on a stock motor, the Torqstorm is great.