Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #29
MzCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS / RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtotheJ View Post
i just ordered a Canon t3i on adorama.com for $750. Its a bundle, comes with everything, body, lens, bag, memory card, extra battery, lens cleaning kit and photo editing software.

I start a digital photography class on Monday, and i was told that was a really good deal by my friend who is a professional photographer
That's a sweet deal! I'm a photographer that shoots Canon and for the T3i being in the "amateur" category of dSLR's, it's amazing. You'll love it! I currently own a Canon Rebel XSi which I've had since 2008. I'm looking to upgrade soon though to a 5D MkII.
MzCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #30
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I think I need to save up more and to do more research if I want to be truly happy for what I buy. You guys have put a bunch of great inputs in. Thank you, and always continue too with more great stuff, it really does help.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #31
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
My first DSLR camera was a Nikon D5000. The camera is a 'high consumer grade, low to mid professional camera.' I'm really happy with it and had it for over a year now. It provides everything I need. On the other hand, my girlfriend uses a D90......that camera is....wow!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #32
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgoose View Post
I hear what your saying. I've been using SLRs since about 1977. Needless to say most my experience is with film. My Pentax experience goes from the K1000 to the LX. I've had maybe 5 Pentax digital cameras up to the K-r. For some reason, I have just not been able to get the "quality" of picture I was able to turn out with my film camera. I know it just me. My darkroom experience is useless in the digital world and my Photoshop experience, well... lets say is limited. I've always loved photography and computers. I just can't put them together well. I still (even with Ricoh) believe Pentax is the superior camera (even though, like you said) it's just a box, but unless you shoot RAW you have to deal with the rendering engine in the camera. I think Canon and Nikon may excel there. Not sure, but I do need and excuse to give my wife so I can buy a new camera.
Under the Ricoh name I feel we are going to see some awesome equipment being produced with the Pentax name on it, that is why they bought Pentax, they really want to get themselves more established in the DSLR realm, that is also why I am sensing a full frame Pentax being announced by the end of this year, they just announced the K-30 and I am tempted at getting one of those, but holding out for the FF.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #33
spurscar

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS A6
One point to consider is when you get good with an entry level dSLR your money is
better spent on lenses than newer, "better" camera bodies. Putting good glass in
front of an entry level body will go MUCH futher.

I'm still shooting with my T1i (upgrade from my XT) but I have the 17-55 2.8, 70-
200L f/2.8 IS, 60mm f/2.8 macro, and the 10-22mm ultrawide lens... makes a really
nice set. Oh and the 50mm 1.8 around somewhere cause it was $75 back when I
bought it so why not, right?

But that's all for after you get your head wrapped around shooting with a dSLR -
shoot, shoot, and keep shooting and eventually the settings will be second nature
and you'll be in M and Av instead of green square mode.

Tags
camaro, camera, girlfriend, life, pictures