Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-20-2015, 10:27 PM   #1
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Claying just front bumper?

I clayed and polished about 5 months ago, most of my car is still very smooth and does not need claying, but I have a ton of bugs and road crap on my front bumper (no clear bra and it's a little late to get one now already major pitting and scratches), does anyone clay their bumper more often then the rest of the car? I know there would be no harm here I would just have to reapply wax afterwards correct? Or is there a better product for bugs and hard contaminants that a regular wash will not remove?
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:56 PM   #2
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
I soften the bugs up with water less wash which helps. Then I spray off what will come off, and clay off what remains. Then reapply LSP. On coated cars the bugs don't really stick to begin with, so if it is coated I pre soak the bugs and with a deep pile microfiber using a rolling motion, just wipe them off with no damage. The key with that method is to roll the microfiber as it picks up the bugs to keep them lifted and always have clean microfiber touching the paint.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:15 AM   #3
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
My tried and true bug and tar remover now comes in a new package and works great. Spray it on, foams up a little and wipe off. No heavy scrubbing. Try it you will like it.
Attached Images

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:44 AM   #4
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Clay it if you want. The best thing I ever did for my paint is Zaino Z-CS. It's a paint sealant. You simply wash and wax, then spray the Z-CS on the car and walk away. It creates an incredible shine, but the best feature is that bugs, tar and dirt simply will not stick to it. It lasts about 3 months before you need another application. Kind of expensive, but well worth the cost. Get you some!
Old 09-21-2015, 01:34 PM   #5
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
It won't hurt if you clay more frequently, once you do clay Sealant will slick your paint up so the bugs won't stick as bad.
And for a maintenance for your Paint Sealant our H20 Guard and Gloss is a super product in keeping your paint slick and protected.
You apply H20 G&G on your car after washing while still wet and you can apply every 3 or 4 washes....
Send me a PM if you have any questions.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...ard-gloss.html
http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...t-sealant.html
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #6
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
It won't hurt if you clay more frequently, once you do clay Sealant will slick your paint up so the bugs won't stick as bad.
And for a maintenance for your Paint Sealant our H20 Guard and Gloss is a super product in keeping your paint slick and protected.
You apply H20 G&G on your car after washing while still wet and you can apply every 3 or 4 washes....
Send me a PM if you have any questions.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...ard-gloss.html
http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...t-sealant.html

I actually bought your h2o guard and gloss a few months ago I've apied it twice I prolly need to apply it a little more frequently, it's a great product thou as are all of your products. My wash rack is nothing but Adams products. As for everyone else thanks for all the responses I think I'll clay the whole car if I have time than reapply the h2o sealant, if I still struggle with bugs I'll move to the bug remover.
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:23 PM   #7
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
If you have the Adams APC, this works well for bug removal prior to your wash and HGG. Be sure paint is cool to the touch and in shade. Rinse affected area first to remove as much bug debris as possible. Spray APC liberally over affected area, let soak 3-5 minutes, don't allow it to dry. Rinse well. Bye, bye bug guts!

A pressure washer is best, but if you don't own one, go to your nearest pay and spray and use it. After you've finished, you can do your wash, HGG there, if they allow it, if not just drive back home and do your standard 2 bucket wash and HGG.

I should add I got this idea from Gary Dean. He uses his APC in the video, but I have used Adams on lots of cars I've done wash/clay/wax on. The Adams has yet to let me down.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 09-21-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:24 PM   #8
cypressh
Canadian

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I used to live out of the city I currently live in but easy way to remove bugs off the front of your car is a little bit of dish soap in a hot bucket of water and just wipe em off with your preferred micro fibre
cypressh is offline   Reply With Quote