The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 05-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Minecraft for xbox

Is addicting
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
More addicting on the PC where we get mods and texture packs.

But yeah, I've wasted whole days in that game. Just to delete and start over.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertypodemon View Post
More addicting on the PC where we get mods and texture packs.

But yeah, I've wasted whole days in that game. Just to delete and start over.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Here's a few of the various world's that I've built. Of course, I always end up not liking something, delete the world and start over.
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
I've been playing minecraft since alpha.

I'm not a console gamer, and don't really game much at all besides minecraft.

I'm one of many admins on a private server.

this is my current project:

This is the GLSL shader mod with Coteire texture pack.

I made my own texture pack, vulpescraft, that you can get from planetminecraft if you want it.

some of my other work:

DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Holy crap. I'm deleting my pathetic post now. :(
Old 05-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Dark those are some amazing creations. How long did it take you to put those together? Was everything used to create them mined or are you using addons to create the materials needed.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #8
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Someone should start an online PC server for us to play on with PC....I've been itching to play....but hated the xbox controls after being use to PC.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
DarkFox1

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Dark those are some amazing creations. How long did it take you to put those together? Was everything used to create them mined or are you using addons to create the materials needed.
The only thing not in creative mode in those shots is the small house on the island. I had some trouble with my internet lately and wanted to do something survival in the meantime. I find it helps give the work meaning to "build to purpose."

Everything else was built in creative mode. The server I use has a mod called worldedit that can rapidly increase build rates, and provides a builder with protection from greifing and other nonsense.

I have no life at all, so this is what I do. It's my one trick.

The white wool city (I'm calling it atlantis because it's a large disc in the ocean, and has an undercity with waste management n whatnot..) has taken me since 1.2 came out, I don't remember how long that's been.

Before that the ship took about a week to frame, but isn't entirely done, so I'd say a couple months on it. It was SUPPOSED to be a 1:1 of the titanic, but I failed miserably at that.. so I would more say it's an olympic class turn of the century ocean liner. (It's too short, and too narrow to be a 1:1 scale of the titanic.)

The one with computer screens is a "space ship" I built in the end. It's not so impressive on the outside, so I've abandoned it. Took about a week to make.

The castle is part of an "adventure map" I made with some of the other builders on the server. They got bored of their projects so it was canned, but I held onto the map, and have included it in a map with a lot of other builds, ships, cities etc. It was supposed to use noppe's npc mod to actuall give the player a single player experience. But I haven't touched it in a while now.

The last picture is part of a "plantation" I built on our 1.1 server. The houses were empty except for mobs that liked to spawn in them. There was a large brick mansion at the end of the road. To the right you can see other structures which were "plants" that used pistons to mash cows and things to death.

This is the mansion at the end of the walkway:

oh, and this is one of the meat processing plants. It could kill up to 16 cows at once lol.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Someone should start an online PC server for us to play on with PC....I've been itching to play....but hated the xbox controls after being use to PC.
I'd love to play on a server with people that wont grief. I have an account but havent been into in a while as I couldnt find a decent group of people to play with. And I am not much for solo play in the game.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
DarkFox1

Sorry to pic spam..

But I just LOVE this screen.

this was before Mojang fully implemented AI for the egg placed mobs. NPCs would just stand there after being placed.

So naturally.. I made a squidward army.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
Mr. Unassailable

Drives: 2010 2SS MT, 2010 SHO, 2004 S60R
I downloaded it at Monday at 9 pm. Played until 10. The played from 9am to 8pm Tuesday. NONSTOP.
My fathers new girlfriends child showed me this game. At first I was skeptical, but damn it's pretty fun.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 05-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
I'd love to play on a server with people that wont grief. I have an account but havent been into in a while as I couldnt find a decent group of people to play with. And I am not much for solo play in the game.
Does anyone know how to set up an online server? This past year at college all my roommates played so we had a desktop computer that's sole purpose was to run our server 24/7 and we could access it all over campus as long as we were on Auburns WI-FI but we couldn't ever figure out how to get it online where we could access it elsewhere.

I don't grief...just like to build shit (no where as good as those above...just give me some stone brick and let me make a square house with a wooden plank roof )

and yes, it gets very addicting....I play in spurts...I'll play for a week consistently, but then take a two week break then get back on it.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #14
Mr. Unassailable

Drives: 2010 2SS MT, 2010 SHO, 2004 S60R
I'd play on the pc. I mined 30~ diamonds and like 50~ golds yesterday and let my possible much younger step brother and his friends make armor and a portal with it all. I have a mining technique that is second to none. I'd be the guy stocking chests full of stuff for anyone to use.

Sent from my iPhone