The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-17-2019, 08:34 AM   #15
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Ive found this issue to be the same across a few different forums I frequently visit. SS 310H55A is correct. Social media has taken away much of the traffic forums get anymore these days. Its a shame really. I believe forums to be much more in depth with conversations, DIY and technical advice. Too many keyboard warriors on social media, many of which have NO idea what they are talking about in most cases.

Last edited by G8One2; 08-17-2019 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:41 PM   #16
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
If both forums seem a little 'slower' than they used to be it is because they have aged well.
The amount of information on these forums is staggering. You don't need to be an 'active member you can just lurk and read everything that has been posted the last decade and learn the answers to all your questions.
I agree. If you know how to search this forum, there's no reason to start another thread. Technical information and answers here is incredible.
To be honest, the 5th gen Camaro appeal has decreased since 2010 too but that's because there's a better Camaro available now (6th gen ). I think the 5th gen looks better overall but the 6th gen is superior on everything else. The 6th gen Camaro SS 1LE outperforms the 5th gen Z/28 in all aspects and the regular Camaro SS is not far behind. That should tell you something.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:34 PM   #17
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I know, old subject, but man, I’m struggling for Camaro entertainment. Maybe I should shop around for another sub forum? Am I missing something somewhere?
it was way different and a lot better 10 years ago. a lot of people left.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:10 AM   #18
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
I agree. If you know how to search this forum, there's no reason to start another thread. Technical information and answers here is incredible.
To be honest, the 5th gen Camaro appeal has decreased since 2010 too but that's because there's a better Camaro available now (6th gen ). I think the 5th gen looks better overall but the 6th gen is superior on everything else. The 6th gen Camaro SS 1LE outperforms the 5th gen Z/28 in all aspects and the regular Camaro SS is not far behind. That should tell you something.

I’ve seen a whole lot of that superiority in my rear view mirror.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #19
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
I’ve seen a whole lot of that superiority in my rear view mirror.
I second the phase, And I drive a 2010 V6 IOM with GFX
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:12 PM   #20
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I like that superior leg room in the 6th. Not/LOL. And those sales numbers, whoo boy, they’re right up there with that ‘73 Triumph TR6.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:54 AM   #21
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
*reads thread where people are talking shit about the car half of the forum owns, sales numbers, requisite V6 guy whose car is faster than everyone*

"WhY iS tHe FoRuM sO SlOw GuYz I hAvE nO iDeA dUrRrRrRrrr"
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:42 AM   #22
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I certainly don’t dispute the vast archive of information here. In fact, it would be nice to have it on a thumb drive or something. Just in case it dies completely someday.

I’m going to retire in 25 months (but who’s counting?) and plan to ride my 5th into the sunset.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:10 AM   #23
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Good for you. Retirement rocks!

As for the site, it seems to be getting even worse lately. There were at least a few threads you could count on getting a response on, but not so much anymore.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:27 AM   #24
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 310H55A View Post
Seems social media has decreased traffic to these types of forums in general.
This is one of the biggest issues. Facebook groups are really hurting forums. People mostly just come to forums to get help with problems more than anything else. They are such a wealth of knowledge that people are missing out on by just using social groups.

My Monte Carlo forum page has dwindled down to basically nothing. Although that is also partly due to the fact that it's a dead nameplate and people have moved on from that platform.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:59 AM   #25
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Think it's bad here.......have you been to a G8/GTO forum lately?
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:21 PM   #26
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I’m trying to be busy on here while I’m laid up...I even bought some stuff to help out some people...
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:33 PM   #27
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
As for the site, it seems to be getting even worse lately. There were at least a few threads you could count on getting a response on, but not so much anymore.
There's some threads that are worse than others, but overall there's still a lot of good content. However, I know what you mean compared to 5 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
This is one of the biggest issues. Facebook groups are really hurting forums. People mostly just come to forums to get help with problems more than anything else. They are such a wealth of knowledge that people are missing out on by just using social groups.

My Monte Carlo forum page has dwindled down to basically nothing. Although that is also partly due to the fact that it's a dead nameplate and people have moved on from that platform.
I agree Facebook groups are hurting forums and most of the time are inaccurate. It's funny how so many people will still claim that a 1SS is a manual car and a 2SS is an automatic, or RS was a trim level only available on V6 models and not an appearance package option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Think it's bad here.......have you been to a G8/GTO forum lately?
Yes. I loved G8board when I had my G8 and I occasionally still lurk, but my goodness that forum has died. Not as bad as G8forum. That one is essentially dead. Their last post was 7/31/19.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:56 PM   #28
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
I used to frequent G8Board, but i stopped because for 1 I no longer own a G8 and secondly, there seemed to be a few too many keyboard warriors that knew everything. Reminded me of my teen son who wanted to argue just to argue with nonsense that made no sense. I've got better things to do with my time lol
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote