Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-03-2022, 09:20 PM   #1
BeauRichardson

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Question Gear Indicator Flashing

Cammed/procharged with circle d 3600 stall.

Every now and again when coming out of a turn and accelerating casually the gear indicator light starts flashing and it stops accelerating, and revs up as though i’m in neutral.

I have tried to log it, but it never happens when logging or even when my tuner is in the car with me.
BeauRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:09 AM   #2
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
I would repost this in the forced induction sub-forum
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:32 AM   #3
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauRichardson View Post
Cammed/procharged with circle d 3600 stall.

Every now and again when coming out of a turn and accelerating casually the gear indicator light starts flashing and it stops accelerating, and revs up as though i’m in neutral.

I have tried to log it, but it never happens when logging or even when my tuner is in the car with me.
What year car? Auto or 6? Check drive shaft also. Any banging noise if you keep on the gas at the same pace? Does the car bang and lunge forward like you did a neutral slam?

This description seems familiar to me. Depending on your answers I might be able to point you in the right direction.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:14 AM   #4
musclesbmf

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Hopefully you have a TCM tune? If so, the tune needs adjustment. If not, you need a TCM tune.
musclesbmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:37 AM   #5
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
I would repost this in the forced induction sub-forum
will do, thank you!
Old 03-04-2022, 11:42 AM   #6
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
What year car? Auto or 6? Check drive shaft also. Any banging noise if you keep on the gas at the same pace? Does the car bang and lunge forward like you did a neutral slam?

This description seems familiar to me. Depending on your answers I might be able to point you in the right direction.
2019 a10. no banging noise when keeping on the gas unless maybe a minor backfire. i usually let off the gas when it happens because it will just rev up but i’m sure if i stayed in it that it would lunge forward when kicking back into gear or whatever
Old 03-04-2022, 11:44 AM   #7
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclesbmf View Post
Hopefully you have a TCM tune? If so, the tune needs adjustment. If not, you need a TCM tune.
trans has been tuned, and will definitely be retuned. just wanting to know what exactly it is. it’s hard to tune a problem when you can’t quite figure out the problem haha
Old 03-04-2022, 07:03 PM   #8
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauRichardson View Post
2019 a10. no banging noise when keeping on the gas unless maybe a minor backfire. i usually let off the gas when it happens because it will just rev up but i’m sure if i stayed in it that it would lunge forward when kicking back into gear or whatever
Ok,

Next time it does it, just keep a slow light steady pedal. Give it a few seconds. See if you hear a bang sound and see if you feel the car lunge forward like you just did a neutral slam.

IF so then you might have the problem I had with one of my cars.

I've never heard of this issue on the camaro to be honest, but I had a 2007 Impala SS FWD 5.3L V8 that did the exact same thing you describe with the Bang + Lunge and even spinning of the tires when it does grab. And the issue is intermittent. It does it more in colder weather, and less in warmer/hot weather.

I never did fully isolate the cause, but it was between three things.

1. The transmission
2. The drive shaft is not engaging when it should.
3. The only other thing I could think of is some linkage between the drive shaft and the wheels. I know there is another rotator assembly tied into the Drive shaft perhaps in the axle some where so it may be the wheels aren't getting the power and the drive shaft is fine. (If I am not mistaken?) That might be another possibility?

I sold the car before I ever isolated which was causing the issue.

The only difference between your story and mine is. Mine did it at stop lights while driving forward slowly accelerating. It made making turns dangerous for me if I had to make a quick left turn because the car would stop moving RPMs rev'd up, then BANG, car lunges forward tires may or may not spin depending if I added more pedal or not as if I was in a rush.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq

Last edited by FlukeSS; 03-04-2022 at 07:37 PM.
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:42 PM   #9
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Ok,

Next time it does it, just keep a slow light steady pedal. Give it a few seconds. See if you hear a bang sound and see if you feel the car lunge forward like you just did a neutral slam.

IF so then you might have the problem I had with one of my cars.

I've never heard of this issue on the camaro to be honest, but I had a 2007 Impala SS FWD 5.3L V8 that did the exact same thing you describe with the Bang + Lunge and even spinning of the tires when it does grab. And the issue is intermittent. It does it more in colder weather, and less in warmer/hot weather.

I never did fully isolate the cause, but it was between three things.

1. The transmission
2. The drive shaft is not engaging when it should.
3. The only other thing I could think of is some linkage between the drive shaft and the wheels. I know there is another rotator assembly tied into the Drive shaft perhaps in the axle some where so it may be the wheels aren't getting the power and the drive shaft is fine. (If I am not mistaken?) That might be another possibility?

I sold the car before I ever isolated which was causing the issue.

The only difference between your story and mine is. Mine did it at stop lights while driving forward slowly accelerating. It made making turns dangerous for me if I had to make a quick left turn because the car would stop moving RPMs rev'd up, then BANG, car lunges forward tires may or may not spin depending if I added more pedal or not as if I was in a rush.
thank you much for the input!
Old 03-07-2022, 09:21 PM   #10
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Can we get a .gif of the gif?
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 09:38 PM   #11
Bad 1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Sounds dumb but seeing how you have swapped out the converter, double check the fluid level. I've seen a few modern a/t transmissions do this due to low fluid. Its a safety feature many have so they don't burn up. Most won't even trip a CEL when they do it. Not saying it's your problem, but it's an easy thing to double check.

I know for a fact that the Allison trans will do wierd stuff like this thanks to the wonderful leaking cooler lines that originally came on my old 3500. Lost 2.5 quarts on a road trip, made it 100 yards out of my driveway the next day before I thought I needed a transmission. Thankfully modern tech prevented it from eating itself up before I knew there was an issue.

Tags
cammed, help!, problem, procharged, trans