The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-06-2018, 04:36 AM   #715
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
It's amazing how it is easily seen in the video that Mills jumps on Jones back and takes him to the ground, and everyone I have shown this to can clearly see it, except for people on this forum.

I know the truth. I know the rules.

If all of you want to deny it, then go ahead. There was no slip, Mills jumped on Jones back and took him to the ground.

The video shows this. Anyone can see it. Anyone who denies it is a liar.

I'm done with this.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:52 AM   #716
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
It's amazing how it is easily seen in the video that Mills jumps on Jones back and takes him to the ground, and everyone I have shown this to can clearly see it, except for people on this forum.

If all of you want to deny it, then go ahead. There was no slip, Mills jumped on Jones back and took him to the ground.

I'm done with this.
So you are calling us all liars?

I am not lying at all here, and take offense to anyone that callls me one. I've looked carefully at this over and over. I don't see pushing until after Julio slips. Mills makes a good cut back, Julio stumbles and Mills ends up on top of him. By then, it's incidental though.

I'm sorry you can't see the obvious...and what all of us are all seeing. That there was no pass interference and that's that.

Instead you call all of us liars because we believe differently than you do. You've been impolite throughout this thread when discussing this, and will not even consider that a different point of view exists. Take your close-minded BS somewhere else. We're sick of it...and we're sick of you continuing to troll here.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:50 AM   #717
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:

I'm done with this.
Good, because saying over and over don't make it change. I have seen it several times. Julio slips as Mills is running behind him to keep up, and Mills cannot magical stop his motion from going forward and makes contact with Julio. Ball hasn't left the QB's hands, and there is NO Advantage gained by either player. No Advantage Gained, NO CALL Made. The ball is still in play, Julio comes to his feet, the ball is thrown, it is over Julio's head and can't make a play on it. Game over.

Now if the ball is thrown and Mills pushes him to get an advantage on the play, boom, there is your pass interference. Now you can say, What if Mills was on his back and Ryan throws the ball to Julio, and Mills isn't letting Julio get up... then, that would put the ref in a very tight spot as it could still be called either way. As Julio had slipped and if he was trying to make a play on the ball and Mills is not letting him up, Mills is taking the advantage away and could be a flag.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:13 AM   #718
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Now if the ball is thrown and Mills pushes him to get an advantage on the play, boom, there is your pass interference. Now you can say, What if Mills was on his back and Ryan throws the ball to Julio, and Mills isn't letting Julio get up... then, that would put the ref in a very tight spot as it could still be called either way. As Julio had slipped and if he was trying to make a play on the ball and Mills is not letting him up, Mills is taking the advantage away and could be a flag.
The thing is, once Mills is on top of Julio, Ryan is already outside the pocket. Technically, Mills would have been allowed to stay on top of him and keep him pancaked for the rest of the play. Instead, he lets Julio up. From everything I can see, Mills did everything he could to not interfere with Jones.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:25 AM   #719
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I know one thing, Collinsworth needs to get fired, or retire. I'd rather Dennis Miller back...
Old 02-06-2018, 07:45 AM   #720
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I know one thing, Collinsworth needs to get fired, or retire. I'd rather Dennis Miller back...
At one time, I liked Collinsworth as an announcer. He was so biased in this last game it was pretty unbearable.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:14 AM   #721
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
The thing is, once Mills is on top of Julio, Ryan is already outside the pocket. Technically, Mills would have been allowed to stay on top of him and keep him pancaked for the rest of the play. Instead, he lets Julio up. From everything I can see, Mills did everything he could to not interfere with Jones.

DEFENSIVE HOKDING RULE APPLIES WEATHER OR NOT THE QB IS IN THE POCKET.....A PLAYER CANNOT TACKLE OR HOLD ANOTHER PLAYER OTHER THAN A PLAYER WHO IS RUNNING WITH THE BALL.

MILLS JUMPS ON JONES BACK TO TAKE HIM TO THE GROUND WHILE JONES IS TRYING TO EVADE HIM.

HERES THE RULE AGAIN>>>>POSTED BY ME FOR THE 100TH TIME

NOT THE RULES ACCORDING TO YOU>>> THE RULES ACCORDING TO THE NFL.

WHAT IS YOUR COMEBACK GONNA BE NOW? THE SAME THING YOU SAID BEFORE? I NEED A BETTER ANGLE?

OR WILL YOU CONSTANTLY SEND ME PM'S AGAIN WHEN I ASKED YOU 3X TO STOP?

Here is the Rule copied from the NFL website pertaining to what happens once the QB leaves the pocket.
Tell me again how I don't know the rules. YOU DON'T KNOW THE RULES. END OF DISCUSSION.

If the quarterback leaves the pocket area with the ball in his possession, the restrictions on illegal contact and an illegal cut block both end, but the restriction on defensive holding remains in effect.

CAN YOU READ? DEFENSIVE HOLDING REMAINS IN EFFECT> THE DEFENDER CANNOT DO WHATEVER HE WANTS JUST BECAUSE THE QB IS OUT OF THE POCKET.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 02-06-2018 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #722
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:36 AM   #723
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
So now it's only holding that should have been called? No PI and illegal contact as you've said multiple times?

I thought you were done with this? What do you call someone who says something that's not true?
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:06 PM   #724
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
The moment everyone stops responding to his B.S. the moment he stops posting it..... HINT HINT HINT
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:01 PM   #725
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
So now it's only holding that should have been called? No PI and illegal contact as you've said multiple times?

I thought you were done with this? What do you call someone who says something that's not true?
Did you actually read the post my post was responding to? No
If you did...you would have read....... that the false interpretation of the rule of Defensive Holding was made.

Hence my response.

If you want to discuss the IC and PI....I can show you where these occurred as well.

Point is....In this reply I made to the post that you didn't read......... was in regards to the proper Rule of Defensive Holding. The actual rule.....the proper rule.

It's the truth.....you can't dispute it. It's fact.......and next time you reply to a post, that was a reply to another post....it's a good idea to read both......

Click play....learn the PROPER rule....Have a nice day.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:29 PM   #726
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post

Great point, I did not include the action if Ryan was out of the pocket, which he was. Once Ryan is outside of the pocket, he is still able to throw the ball until he crosses the line of scrimmage. Both Receivers and Defensive Backs cannot block/tackle/interfere at this point, he can still throw the ball, the fact that Julio fell down and Mills fell on top of him still doesn't impact the decision the Refs saw, or change how the rule is interpreted. Still the right call, even with Ryan out of the pocket and has not crossed the line of scrimmage. Out of the pocket only helps the QB throw the ball away to prevent a loss of yards.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:35 PM   #727
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Did you actually read the post my post was responding to? No
If you did...you would have read....... that the false interpretation of the rule of Defensive Holding was made.

Hence my response.

If you want to discuss the IC and PI....I can show you where these occurred as well.

Point is....In this reply I made to the post that you didn't read......... was in regards to the proper Rule of Defensive Holding. The actual rule.....the proper rule.

It's the truth.....you can't dispute it. It's fact.......and next time you reply to a post, that was a reply to another post....it's a good idea to read both......

Click play....learn the PROPER rule....Have a nice day.

doesn't matter the rule or what is written, it matters how it is interpreted by the Refs calling the game. If you watched every game this year, calls are missed, some pretty bad. So complaining about one is probably less than %1 of what is truly missed. You should be having this conversation with the Refs that saw the play, were looking right at it and asked them how they missed such an obvious foul. While the rest of us sit here and go, "well, looks like Julio fell and Mills fell on top of him, he was not pushed or tackled, he fell on an offensive receiver that fell down first". But we can go over this again and again and no one here is changing how they saw it.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:43 PM   #728
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Who cares???? It's over!!!!

My Philadelphia Eagles are Super Bowl Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And nobody can take that away EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote