The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Stingray Photos, Videos, Media

Old 11-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Angry Another Run Totally stock even the tire psi [vid] -I'll keep trying-

I can't seem to break into the 11s . By the time the track warms up in the afternoon; my traction gets better but I have to leave.
I got 4 runs in this day before my girlfriend complained that she was cold.
Last run I got a 12.1 @ 116mph it hooked good off the line. I probably could of got a little more out of it if I launched harder. You can see me roll out slow for first half a second.
Maybe if I let air out the tires I could get a little more traction off the line too.

this video shows my last run 12.1 and my 2nd to last 12.2

2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
It looks like you were so fast the video camera didn't catch any video.........I cant see a thing
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by asptroopa1 View Post
It looks like you were so fast the video camera didn't catch any video.........I cant see a thing
Idk. I see it. If video blank you might need to update your flash player for youtube.
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 11-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
You'll get an 11:
Old 11-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
Bolt-onC6

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Be sure to have you IATs below 86* before launch or timing will be pulled. It's hard to keep them below 86* even in cooler air. Best to keep hood open as long as you can in the staging lanes. I can show you a log where mine got to upper 90s in 50* air.
Bolt-onC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt-onC6 View Post
Be sure to have you IATs below 86* before launch or timing will be pulled. It's hard to keep them below 86* even in cooler air. Best to keep hood open as long as you can in the staging lanes. I can show you a log where mine got to upper 90s in 50* air.
I don't have anyway to monitor IATs..
but I run my car back to back. no cool down LoL. Both times I went to the track I had limited time to get my launch down before I had to leave.
I dont know why it would pull timing at such low IATs.

My mph on every run stay about the same 116mph so I know it not losing power run to run. Im a little easy on 2-3 shift since I have missed it. I am going to move seat up a little bit and really let her have it..
Old 11-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
You'll get an 11:
Thank u.. I plan on going again. 11s or bust
Old 11-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
Bolt-onC6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
I don't have anyway to monitor IATs..
but I run my car back to back. no cool down LoL. Both times I went to the track I had limited time to get my launch down before I had to leave.
I dont know why it would pull timing at such low IATs.

My mph on every run stay about the same 116mph so I know it not losing power run to run. Im a little easy on 2-3 shift since I have missed it. I am going to move seat up a little bit and really let her have it..
It pulls timing at 86* because that's what GM programmed into your stock ECM. I have a stock C7 file that I have reviewed. Back to back passes is fine as long as you don't sit prior to making the two passes. Your IAT's come up very quickly sitting if they rise the same as my C6Z06. Moving at any speed will bring them down. I have a Halltech CAI that pulls from the front of the car and my IATs still rise when not moving.

If you do any mods to your car you would be wise to invest in an HP Tuner or some way to monitor what is going on with your engine and tranny.

Good running by the way with just a stock C7. Those cars are awesome and ready for modding!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #9
GQ4Life

Quote:
It pulls timing at 86* because that's what GM programmed into your stock ECM. I have a stock C7 file that I have reviewed. Back to back passes is fine as long as you don't sit prior to making the two passes. Your IAT's come up very quickly sitting if they rise the same as my C6Z06. Moving at any speed will bring them down. I have a Halltech CAI that pulls from the front of the car and my IATs still rise when not moving.

If you do any mods to your car you would be wise to invest in an HP Tuner or some way to monitor what is going on with your engine and tranny.

Good running by the way with just a stock C7. Those cars are awesome and ready for modding!
Wow crazy.. I went thru the stock file with my shop but we didnt look at every detail. Didnt touch tune yet either.
Halltech is out already for C7?
im just trying to get a good stock run before I start modding.
I Still want to hit a road course too

Sent From The Q on the Galaxy S4
Old 11-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #10
Bolt-onC6

Here's the C7 IAT table. I've seen my IAT in the 130s on a warm day in traffic.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #11
GQ4Life

Quote:
Here's the C7 IAT table. I've seen my IAT in the 130s on a warm day in traffic.
well in traffic yeah. I never monitored it when the car was stock, but my camaro supercharged has seen 130 degree IAT at end of 0 to 140mph pulls on hot days.. added more meth to be safe..

So at the end of a long full throttle pulls might see couple degrees pulled. I am sure on runs to 130mph the engine bay gets hot heating up the Intake Air.

Thanks for the table that was awesome!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #12
Bolt-onC6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
well in traffic yeah. I never monitored it when the car was stock, but my camaro supercharged has seen 130 degree IAT at end of 0 to 140mph pulls on hot days.. added more meth to be safe..

So at the end of a long full throttle pulls might see couple degrees pulled. I am sure on runs to 130mph the engine bay gets hot heating up the Intake Air.

Thanks for the table that was awesome!
With a supercharger you are compressing air so your IAT will rise during a pass vs. n/a will lower during a pass. That's where a good intercooler comes into play.

In the staging lanes is somewhat like traffic. When I had my 08 I had a hard time keeping the IAT down in the staging lanes even in cool weather. Found that opening the hood and allowing the engine to idle helped. Along with running my fan manually with VCM controls in my HP Tuner.

Incidentally I've ran my best times with my engine temp around 180*. Some say higher gives best but not my results.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #13
GQ4Life

Quote:
With a supercharger you are compressing air so your IAT will rise during a pass vs. n/a will lower during a pass. That's where a good intercooler comes into play.

In the staging lanes is somewhat like traffic. When I had my 08 I had a hard time keeping the IAT down in the staging lanes even in cool weather. Found that opening the hood and allowing the engine to idle helped. Along with running my fan manually with VCM controls in my HP Tuner.

Incidentally I've ran my best times with my engine temp around 180*. Some say higher gives best but not my results.
I have always had Boosted cars since 2004
I dont have much N/A experience ..

I think I might take the drive friday to the track everyone says is better. Where the guy ran the 11.6 and someone else 11.9, Atco raceway. It is 2 hours 40mins from me. Ill try and wait to start running till enough people went to warm the track up.

All my other track runs been in first hour or 2 since I did not have much time. There were very few cars running too so track wasnt warming good.
Hoping for 11sec Pass