Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Darksid3

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS RS (automatic)
Angry Car dents created by...?

We've all gotten them... loathed them... WANTED TO KILL THE PERSON who did them... but we're helpless... and they know it. We put all our time, energy... MONEY into these beautiful ladies only to have some inconsiderate, pathetic loser who could care less about their own lives so much that they have no concern for how anyone else's is going.

We park away from the masses only to see several cars huddled around upon our return. Why? What possess a human to batter someone car like its nothing and act like it doesn't matter? They look at vehicles as an object and not a thing of beauty. As something created to be destroyed... not honored for the minds who created them. They take for granted the fact that a nice car costs money and that we have to work HARD to keep her looking nice... only to have some Neanderthal ruin all that hard work in less than a second.

I pray for all of you. I really do. I pray for the ones who we catch in the act. For all the frustration we've built up from all the ones who we didn't catch will surely be taken out on you.

Karma will get you. Karma and fate.

I don't pity any of you... not at all.
Darksid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Man, I realize I lose a bit of time and personal enjoyment out of the car because I am so picky about where I leave it sitting.

I would just prefer no one puts their hands on it or pays it any mind at all, it's just my Camaro nothing special.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
(not on my Camaro) This cute dent just happened at a mini mart parking lot Wednesday and they ran ...

Name:  truck boo boo 001.JPG
Views: 1045
Size:  439.3 KB
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Old 04-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
I had my Black/Black M6 '02 Z28/RS for 10 years and it was immaculate except for one door chip and I saw the bitch do it as I was walking away from my car. I did a about-face and walked back and she gave me the "WHAT"? I wanted to knock her teeth out and make her eat them off the black top.
If it ever happens again, I will call the police and make them pay for a professional repaint of the panel. Since a repaint of a panel today is worthy of a insurance claim, the next sucker will PAY! Might make them think twice about being careless.
BDBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

You would think parallel parking on the street would be safe, until a car stops next to yours to drop off a passenger and BOOM.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #7
ex-SS-ve

Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
You would think parallel parking on the street would be safe, until a car stops next to yours to drop off a passenger and BOOM.
if anything multiplies the odds tenfold of something happening to your car. be it a drunk/ texting driver hitting your car or it getting things thrown at it.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Had a scratch happen mere months after buying it.....passenger side door...deep to the metal. In my own driveway of all places!!! I still do not know "who dun it". I repaired it, though - and you can't see it unless you know to look for it...but it reminds me of a scar, now...

In the end...as angry as it makes me to begin with...there are much more important to things to spend time worrying about. After all, I bought it to drive it - not look pretty collecting dust. So I figure, these things are bound to happen...all we can do is take every measure to prevent it and fix them when they do.

But I feel your pain. You park far away...and walk up to the car to find cars intentionally parked next to it...way far away...
Old 04-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #9
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

I won't park mine in front of the house for more than a few minutes. Yes, things have happened to the cars that are parked on the street in my neighborhood.

I don't have a driveway, my garage you enter through the alley.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #10
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
I work in a gated office complex and park on the top of the garage where no one parks (when I drive my vert to work). There is an A-hole that drives a 15 year old Hyundai that will park right next to me now and then that I'd like to remove from existence, but I cant really do that. I finally found out who it is and the guy is a few bricks shy of a load. One of these days I'm going to come unglued on him, but for now I need to keep my job.
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #11
dixonk

Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
I have 1 ding and 1 scratch in mine. Ding was inflicted by daughter backing out of the garage...with the garage door down.

Scratch is on rear quarter panel from my son taking his bicycle out of the garage with my car still in the way.

Damn kids...I won't count the 4 or 5 stone chips on the front and sides.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #12
boopthz

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro SS
Send a message via Yahoo to boopthz
I have one ding right underneath the door handle its not very noticiable but it happened like the first month that I actually had bought it!!! I was furious and to make it worse it was some kid who seemed like he wanted to hit it on purpose with the door!!!!
boopthz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:41 AM   #13
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
to tell you the truth.. i dont park FAAAR away from others... why? because it brings attention... it might just be me.. but before i had my camaro.. i drove an SUV.. and everytime i go to the mall or walmart (Wallyworld) i always see nice camaros or mustangs park out in the open... and if my buddy is driving... he would go and park next to them since he wants a closer look... i would never do that but still.. it just bring attentions to your car.. and who knows.. those kids at the mall loves to go up the cars and take pictures or get their dirty little hands all over it..
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #14
Darksid3

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS RS (automatic)
Sorry about your truck, Midnighter. My 97 red Ford F-150 step is beat to hell as well from people who don't appreciate her sweet obsolete body style. I've been told "it's a truck" by door singers. I'm like "thanks for making the decision to destroy a classic for me since my opinion doesn't matter and I'm paying for it." As for my Jacqueline... I've filed my claim with USAA and took down my license. In this case, I WILL NOT let a Toyota owner make that decision for me. I hope their premiums SOAR!
Darksid3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, dents, dings, doors, scratches