Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-16-2017, 03:17 PM   #15
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Nice! Thanks for the info!

Still.. that dang fog light is right there! With that install thread, I may take wheel well out this weekend and poke around!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:24 PM   #16
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Here is what is looks like with the INJEN air filter hanging in that spot. Photo shows the filter out of the way. What is removed, and finally where that opening is at from a front view of the car.
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2017, 05:18 PM   #17
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Great info. Thanks!

May take a look at doing this and the ww relo kit in the next few weeks.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:07 PM   #18
Pete M
9 Year USMC Vet

Drives: 2014 1LT black on black
I have the Apex scoop and washer relocation kit
It made a noticeable improvement with my K&N CAI
Old 05-17-2017, 06:58 AM   #19
sspade

Hm. Good to know. Thx.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
Old 05-18-2017, 07:07 PM   #20
sspade

Bought one of these kits off Phastek. $117 shipped for the scoop and washer relocate kit. Not bad. Hopefully it will be an improvement. I have always thought the CAI box seems cluttered and cramped with the current location of stock washer bottle.

While we are on the topic... I haven't touched my CAI filter since new. 22k on the car... probably 20k on the intake. Is there something that should be done to keep it clean and working optimally?
Old 05-27-2017, 10:37 PM   #21
IamR3D88

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT RS
I was thinking of replacing my fogs with brake cooling ducts. They get toasty on the track!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
IamR3D88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:55 PM   #22
bowtiesonly

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
I dont have a closed system, but I have the injen longtube intake which happens to sit directly behind the foglight bezel, i took a dremel tool and ported the openings to allow air to vent in toward the airfilter, whether or not it helps, who knows, but it was directly inline with the filter so why not.
Attached Images

2012 2ss , long tube headers , summit x pipe ,borla mufflers, vararam intake, vmax ported throttle body rdp motorsports dynosteve tuned, BMR trailing arms and bushings elite engineering catch can. [Ifirst camaro ]2012 LT LFX, nytrex wet system ,GPI dyno tune, Injen longtube intake, Dynomax axle back exhaust, Vmax ported throttle body, elite engineering catch can.
bowtiesonly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air intake, fog lights