Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-14-2019, 07:48 PM   #1
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
K&N Throttle control module??

has anyone tried this product? I love their CAI and filters, but never heard of this. They aired a commercial on Motor Trend network for home air filters, lifetime of course, and I saw this:
https://www.knfilters.com/search/pro...x?prod=20-3074
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #2
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
"Some Chevy Camaros" leads me to believe V8 only, but I've never heard of it.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:53 PM   #3
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
yeah, if nobody here knows, I will call them for fitment before thinking about one.
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:32 AM   #4
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Hmmm. Very interesting. That looks like it could allow for a very stealthy install. I just wonder if it is better than the other Chinese versions out already software wise.

My Vitesse is starting to frustrate me. It has always caused surging on higher settings, but with my new ported throttle body it is insane.

Some of you guys running a Vitesse throttle controller will know what i'm talking about. That crazy bucking/surging when on high sensitivity sometimes. I think it is caused or compounded by the fact that when it happens, your foot comes off the pedal, causing you to put it back on which creates a cycle of looking like you are learning how to drive manual, even if you have an auto. The only solutions are to remove your foot from the throttle completely for a second or 2 or to lower the settings.

So any new throttle controller solutions interest me. Before my PTB, I would rock it on SP9 (highest setting), now with the new PTB, I cannot run it on any higher than SP6 or it'd just too out of control and dangerous. But even with the PTB and a tune, the throttle response is lacking if not using a TC, IMHO. I tried using just the stage 2 PTB, which was a major improvement over stock, but it is nowhere comparable to a TC.

Thanks for the post TC.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote