Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-05-2016, 02:44 PM   #1
ACS Composite

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Gen 6 Camaro SS, LT, LS 2016 ACS Composite Side Rockers

Side Rockers For The 2016 Camaro - A Perfect Design Beyond Improvement!
Improve the lateral airflow of your Camaro while protecting the side bodywork from rock chipping. These brand new side rockers offer a complete compatibility with our Gen6 Splitter the splitters. Rockers are manufactured in ACS's proprietary OEM validated RTM Composite Process. It means the process has been tested and proven to withstand stringent durability standard set by your car's manufacturer, the result; a superior made product designed and tested to last. The ACS Rockers are installed over your current rocker panel, they will fit the Camaro SS V8, V6 and I4, coupe and convertible models without the GM aero package. The installation process is simple, takes just 30 minutes per side to install. There is no use of filthy adherent or two-way tape, or removal of any components from your Camaro.

What Is The Importance Of Side Rockers? Airflow management and rock chip protections. The Brand New Side Rockers directly fit on the OEM rocker panels. This rocker panel plays a vital role to ensure the side bodywork is not eroded from the sticky front performance tires. You will quickly realize their sticky nature is great for its enhanced handling but will compromise the paint finish of your car.

The Brand New Side Rockers For The 2016 Camaro features

- Strengthens aerodynamics
- Gives an aerodynamic shape to the car, which reduces the tremendous air resistance during high speed driving.
- Most likely the most surprising feature; Maintains vehicle's ride height.
- Enhanced rock chip protection by covering the side bodywork from rocks and pebbles projected from the spinning front tires.
- Increased under-carriage surface; the non visible portion of the car is double to fully covered the body coloured rocker of your car.
- Underside of rocker coated with a bed liner type material for a clean and durable undercarriage for years to come.

The kit is included with following items:

- Rocker Panel –Passenger side
- Rocker Panel - Driver side
- 18 Aluminium Black Split Rivets
- Set of Instructions

Available Finishes

- Black Primer with undercoating paint on inner surface
- CarbonFlash Metallic Black undercoating paint on inner surface

Application Guide

Camaro Coupe V8, V6, & I4
Camaro Convertible V8, V6, & I4

Last edited by ACS Composite; 06-20-2016 at 10:37 PM.
ACS Composite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:14 PM   #2
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Any discount codes?.. Sorry, gotta ask.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:12 PM   #3
TECHTURTLE

Ordered!

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:19 PM   #4
thebatmobile

I'm with tech. Any codes? I'll order if so!
Old 06-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatmobile View Post
I'm with tech. Any codes? I'll order if so!
I just went ahead and ordered... These look awesome!

Added
Old 06-05-2016, 06:49 PM   #6
G Fo12ce

Drives: '16 2SS
Any close ups of the 2 different finishes? These are the same as the ones pictured here right?

• 4/19/16 2000 Accepted with 5ZU
• 4/23/16 3000 TPW:5/16/16
• 5/06/16 3100
• 5/13/16 3400 Broadcast Sheet
• 5/24/16 3800 Vehicle Produced
• 5/25/16 4B00 Bayed
• 5/27/16 4300 Intermediate Delivery
• 7/9/16 Delivered!
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:22 PM   #7
Tazz3069

X2 on the side by side color.

2016 Camaro 2SS "Black Widow"
Tazz3069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:42 PM   #8
ACS Composite

Black primer, is just primer, they will need to be painted.

Carbon Flash Black is a Black paint, with a small metallic flake. Really great to conceal any dirt. And we think a perfect solution.

We noticed quite quickly pure gloss black on the rockers is nearly impossible to live with.

Here is a close up of the Carbon Flash Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz3069 View Post
X2 on the side by side color.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:45 PM   #9
ACS Composite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
Ordered!
Hi guys, unfortunately no coupon codes are available. We could have easily inflated prices and then offered discounts and specials erratically. Something I don't really think is fair for previous customers. Hence pricing is set on the website.

We focus on delivering a quality product and a great buying experience.

Hope you understand our business philosophy.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #10
asimpleguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS Composite View Post
Black primer, is just primer, they will need to be painted.

Carbon Flash Black is a Black paint, with a small metallic flake. Really great to conceal any dirt. And we think a perfect solution.

We noticed quite quickly pure gloss black on the rockers is nearly impossible to live with.

Here is a close up of the Carbon Flash Black.

Is it obvious that the paint is metallic or only noticeable if up really close? I'm going for the black and blue theme and if I order this I definitely don't want to throw anything off

Also, originally I was wanting to purchase the whole package, assuming it would be a little cheaper than purchasing each separate part. Will it all be the same price no matter if purchased separately or not?
asimpleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:39 PM   #11
ACS Composite

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimpleguy View Post
Is it obvious that the paint is metallic or only noticeable if up really close? I'm going for the black and blue theme and if I order this I definitely don't want to throw anything off

Also, originally I was wanting to purchase the whole package, assuming it would be a little cheaper than purchasing each separate part. Will it all be the same price no matter if purchased separately or not?
If ordered together, we will offer combined shipping discounts, kit would ship for 120$. If interested, we can set up a custom package for you for now, as the site is not yet program to do so.

As for black, I can set up a special order on black, but really don't recommend it.

Most that have seen our Carbon Flash Black assumed it was solid black, very subtle metallic in it. Just enough to cheap the eye and give it a nice detail.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:39 PM   #12
thebatmobile

Why would you not recommend black?
Old 06-06-2016, 03:57 AM   #13
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatmobile View Post
Why would you not recommend black?
My question as well. Some of us want a gloss black spoiler and splitter, it's not going to match the "carbon flash" rockers.
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:25 AM   #14
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsatisfied View Post
My question as well. Some of us want a gloss black spoiler and splitter, it's not going to match the "carbon flash" rockers.
Then you buy the primed ones and paint to match.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro rockers