Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2022, 12:26 PM   #1
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Opinions on the value oy my Camaro

Hey guys. Im not sure I'm selling yet, but I do not have much time with work and life in general. I'm just looking for opinions what you all think it would bring if I sold it. I have well north of $20k in the car on top of the price. I can further break a list down, but you can get the idea in my sig. The car has 65k miles and is in great shape. Has been in my garage the entire time I've owned it. 2 SS package fully loaded. Heads up display, AC, heated seats, sun roof ect. Everything works. Ridiculous amount of upgrades. Car is ridiculously fast and can be daily driven if you so choose. Its an animal and has the sound that literally draws a crowd everywhere I go. Thoughts?
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:30 PM   #2
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
Probably not worth too much more than blue book

Car mods don’t usually sell to well

But you car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:33 PM   #3
gunchamp

15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
Old 06-09-2022, 12:43 PM   #4
PhantomBlack

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Don't sell it lol. But say you do you'd have to find a buyer that wants a heavily modded car to get back some of the money you've put in it. It definitely helps if you have recipes of the work done by a reputable shop. I can see someone who wants a modded camaro that's clean and has all documentation of work that was done paying around 30k with that mileage. 17-20k if you trade it in IMO.
Mods: GPI SS1 VVT cam, TSP long tube headers, LSA conversion, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, DW 700cc injectors, Lingenfelter solid isolator, Dedicated Motorsports ZL1 reinforced brick, ADM Griptech 2.5 pulley, JLT CAI, Phastek intake scoop, NPP cat-back, GM 3.91 gears, Eaton Truetrac, Tuned by Chris @ CHenry Motorsports.
PhantomBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 01:29 PM   #5
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomBlack View Post
Don't sell it lol. But say you do you'd have to find a buyer that wants a heavily modded car to get back some of the money you've put in it. It definitely helps if you have recipes of the work done by a reputable shop. I can see someone who wants a modded camaro that's clean and has all documentation of work that was done paying around 30k with that mileage. 17-20k if you trade it in IMO.
I have most receipts. I did all the work myself, minus the tuning. That was sir Ted! I've been at this a long time and the work is all done as good as anyone could do if not better. I kept all part #s of the parts I put in. I have a 3 page list of modifications lol. All done to make this car as problem free as possible and it has been great for 2 summers now. Thanks for the input so far
Old 06-10-2022, 08:38 AM   #6
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
You are not going to see the $20k come back in the value. If you can absorb the loss then sell the car as is. Right now the market is good, so scope out a few camaros with your options and mileage, and that is your price plus a little on top for the mods.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:38 AM   #7
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Yeah market is good. I would try and private party sell it if you can. Ask 10-12 more than BB and then be ready to accept best offer.

If you do sell look for a GM dealer who sells more Camaro’s as they may give you more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 01:42 PM   #8
cmack

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
There is a facebook group for 500hp + cars. Maybe worth a shot.

https://www.facebook.com/500PlusHPForSale/
cmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 03:07 PM   #9
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
There is a facebook group for 500hp + cars. Maybe worth a shot.

https://www.facebook.com/500PlusHPForSale/
Interesting. Never have been on facebook, by design lol, but i may have to give it a go. Im getting a bit more serious and may start to see how much interest gets drummed up. Thanks for all the input so far guys.
Old 06-14-2022, 03:08 PM   #10
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
You are not going to see the $20k come back in the value. If you can absorb the loss then sell the car as is. Right now the market is good, so scope out a few camaros with your options and mileage, and that is your price plus a little on top for the mods.
Yeah for sure. Its always a loss. I have a target price in mind. Would be giving someone a hell of a deal. Not looking for a ton honestly. Will think on it a little more. Thsnks
Old 06-15-2022, 04:44 PM   #11
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
The notorious answer is that it's worth whatever someone will pay for it.

The other notorious answer is that you will never recover the value of your mods. Not even close.

How you market it matters. If you are plugged into an enthusiast community, you might get some extra credit for the mods if people know your car. Otherwise, the mods might actually detract from the value.

IMHO, if you like the car and enjoy driving it, hold on to it if you can afford to, even if you drive it only a few thousand miles a year.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:12 AM   #12
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I have a friend that just sold his 2011 SS/RS. He had about an additional 65K dollars in it, he only got 49K for it. There was only 18K miles on it. It doesn't pay to put too much in it if your aren't going to keep it. I have an additional 17K in mine. It now has 71K miles on it, so I've gotten my money's worth out of it.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 08:04 AM   #13
gunchamp

Yeah I've built and sold before so I understand the loss. Was thinking I would like to try and get somewhere in the 27k range. I feel its worth that. Was curious what you guys thought. Thanks
Old 06-28-2022, 09:01 AM   #14
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Yea, one of my friends recently sold his 2014 Camaro SS/RS with about 50k miles on it for 24k... All it had done was LT's, CAI and a tune. Was in really good condition too,and RRM (Red Rock Metallic) in color.. Aftermarket wheels and exhaust.